genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imma peep this
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Imma peep this

Props
  • TrueGodHS
    Ayo how you can @ the whole community for this?
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I think we need to @ the whole community..keeping it between the same ten people makes it a fraternity

How can we actually make that happen?

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for everyone's feedback foreal lls
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Since You Came In My Life is my ?
  • TrueGodHS
    Since You Came In My Life is my ?

Funny thing is ? wasn't even going to put that on the tape lol
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Apollo's issue is dude is monotone as ? . I feel like dude can spit but he on his Guru ? in regards to being monotone lol.
  • TrueGodHS
    Apollo's issue is dude is monotone as ? . I feel like dude can spit but he on his Guru ? in regards to being monotone lol.

That's just my brother's voice lol. He can def spit
  • TrueGodHS
    Sion wrote: »
    Be For Real, Since You Came In My Life, PLW, those tracks I really like, the rest of the album is dope. Apollo kinda boring but he tolerable. I must say tho @BlackAX410 I told yall he'd be dope af if his ? was mixed better. Axel you need to stay around TrueGod you're lyricism & ear for beats will elevate greatly by association. In some parts, you can see where his influence is apparent (tracks 6 - sounded like True rewrote his ? to keep up the pace w/ you before blacking out, while on Since You Came In My Life you slow it down & take a page out his book. You Dont Want None was dope up until the hook - sounded like IceJJFish (no diss). Rest of the album is cool tho, Axel keep riding w/ Team DAR trust !!!

7.5/10 - Would rate it higher but some tracks could have been mixed better & Apollo I thought was aight. TrueGod & Jeff Axel stood out the most to me. Still going thru it I heard the album a few days back but didn't really listen to it.

Good looks on that. And I ain't rewrite it, I just did the verse basically off the top in the studio but definitely wanted to keep up the pace, then I just kinda.... IDK spazzed a bit. Axel got heat, Apollo got heat too, Speed verses hilarious to me on here. Good look on the review though.
  • SpeedontheBeat
    SpeedontheBeat Members Posts: 4
    Be For Real, Since You Came In My Life, PLW, those tracks I really like, the rest of the album is dope. Apollo kinda boring but he tolerable. I must say tho @BlackAX410 I told yall he'd be dope af if his ? was mixed better. Axel you need to stay around TrueGod you're lyricism & ear for beats will elevate greatly by association. In some parts, you can see where his influence is apparent (tracks 6 - sounded like True rewrote his ? to keep up the pace w/ you before blacking out, while on Since You Came In My Life you slow it down & take a page out his book. You Dont Want None was dope up until the hook - sounded like IceJJFish (no diss). Rest of the album is cool tho, Axel keep riding w/ Team DAR trust !!!

7.5/10 - Would rate it higher but some tracks could have been mixed better & Apollo I thought was aight. TrueGod & Jeff Axel stood out the most to me. Still going thru it I heard the album a few days back but didn't really listen to it.

Sion, thanks for the review. Also, huge shoutout for naming those three tracks as your favorites on the tape (each hold a special place since I produced them and wanted to, as with every track, craft a different vibe than what people were used to hearing from Team DAR while still maintaining the sensibilities of our respective audiences).
  • SpeedontheBeat
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Good looks on that. And I ain't rewrite it, I just did the verse basically off the top in the studio but definitely wanted to keep up the pace, then I just kinda.... IDK spazzed a bit. Axel got heat, Apollo got heat too, Speed verses hilarious to me on here. Good look on the review though.

True, you know, but others probably don't. Since I dropped the album Death of the King, which was this lo-fi art rap album (that's kind of my thing, and I've referred to it as "Speed-Fi" or "No-Fi") detailing my struggles with mental illness and all that jazz, I wanted to approach things differently on Genesis.

So, I just said "? it," stopped writing for Boi-1da.net for a bit, and dropped some bars that were completely off-the-cuff. Hilarious even, mainly since here's this kind of usually solemn guy who's been talking about bipolar disorder and stuff talking about making chicks squirt and ? in a "sober's non-existent" (yeah, that's word to @BlackAx410) sing-songy voice. A complete 180 that completely plays into the burgeoning mythos of Speed on the Beat, showcasing that I could do reflective "if you take a look at my life, you can see what I see" ? along with (albeit slightly parodic in nature) turn-up tracks and "Nasty Loverman" verses.

Anyways, before I get that "? you talk too much" reply, thanks one and all for peeping the album. If you can tolerate a "lo-fi" mixing approach, also check out Death of the King. And be sure to be on the lookout for more Team DAR stuff in the coming months and year.

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appreciate dat mane yea linking up wit him definitely rejuvenated my career foreal cant even front im to da point where i hate listening to a majority of my older music cuz of how subpar it was, its more projects wit us comin thru tho belee dat
  • SpeedontheBeat
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Appreciate dat mane yea linking up wit him definitely rejuvenated my career foreal cant even front im to da point where i hate listening to a majority of my older music cuz of how subpar it was, its more projects wit us comin thru tho belee dat

^That's how I feel about most of my early tracks. But, those early tracks, "subpar" or not, they showcase where you were at that time. So, I can't full-on hate 'em, and you shouldn't either LOL
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS wrote: »

True, you know, but others probably don't. Since I dropped the album Death of the King, which was this lo-fi art rap album (that's kind of my thing, and I've referred to it as "Speed-Fi" or "No-Fi") detailing my struggles with mental illness and all that jazz, I wanted to approach things differently on Genesis.

So, I just said "? it," stopped writing for Boi-1da.net for a bit, and dropped some bars that were completely off-the-cuff. Hilarious even, mainly since here's this kind of usually solemn guy who's been talking about bipolar disorder and stuff talking about making chicks squirt and ? in a "sober's non-existent" (yeah, that's word to @BlackAx410) sing-songy voice. A complete 180 that completely plays into the burgeoning mythos of Speed on the Beat, showcasing that I could do reflective "if you take a look at my life, you can see what I see" ? along with (albeit slightly parodic in nature) turn-up tracks and "Nasty Loverman" verses.

Anyways, before I get that "? you talk too much" reply, thanks one and all for peeping the album. If you can tolerate a "lo-fi" mixing approach, also check out Death of the King. And be sure to be on the lookout for more Team DAR stuff in the coming months and year.

? you talk too much LOL the hell you got a bio in here for
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TrueGodHS
    As far as TEAMDAR goes....

Axel got his mixtape out already on Dat Piff, download that

and Speed got his album out too. Axel dropped in July and Speed dropped in August.

I'm releasing my fifth album "Pursuing Happiness" in November and have the Wrestling-Hip Hop album "Eyes On The Ring" for my new wrestling site/brand as well that released in July.

My catalog so far is here too https://truegodimmortal.bandcamp.com/ all the albums.
  • TrueGodHS
    Apollo project drops December too.

TEAMDAR
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell em bout my mixtape @TrueGodHS‌
  • TrueGodHS
    Tell em bout my mixtape @TrueGodHS‌

LOL ? what?
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanna listen but I have no point in time in my life to listen to a 20 track anything. On a skim through, True seems to be the most seasoned of the group. I will say the opening should've been rethought, maybe the order of who went, because that ? almost made me turn it off. Same with Axel, as long as you been around, i can barely listen to your ? without laughing. honestly man, there's probably a lane for this music somewhere, but I just can't feel it. It does get better toward the end, with everybody's verses sounding similarly mixed. But the delivery for each song's subject matter just doesn't intrigue me. Production was orthodox, almost predictable and at times dated. But take what i say with a huge grain of salt because i haven't heard anything worthwhile in a long ass time. A solid 4/10 for me.
  • TrueGodHS
    history1 wrote: »
    Looking for ladies in the new york area looking to work and any where around new york area.

for the ladies.

The ? is this ?
  • TrueGodHS
    Not everybody will feel the music, that's probably the first negative review I've heard and I'm not even sure how production can sound dated with a different mesh of beats and styles but if you said you haven't heard anything worthwhile in a long time, I'll def take that with a grain of salt.

As far as Axel, we all laugh at Axel verses, which is kinda the point. Axel is animated. Aggressive flow. ? just different. Same with Apollo and Speed.
  • TrueGodHS
    Not everybody will feel the music, that's probably the first negative review I've heard and I'm not even sure how production can sound dated with a different mesh of beats and styles but if you said you haven't heard anything worthwhile in a long time, I'll def take that with a grain of salt.

As far as Axel, we all laugh at Axel verses, which is kinda the point. Axel is animated. Aggressive flow. ? just different. Same with Apollo and Speed.
  • TrueGodHS

• TrueGodHS