Can feminists and strong black women really have a successful heterosexual relationship?

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westie wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    when feminist are in a relationship....do they want to get on top more or do they want to get on top an equal amount of times or do they just want the ? and the values go out the door?

Equal number of orgasms is the bottom line I'm sure.
    when feminist are in a relationship....do they want to get on top more or do they want to get on top an equal amount of times or do they just want the ? and the values go out the door?

Equal number of orgasms is the bottom line I'm sure.

but what if you get multiple orgasms before i nut once?

do you try to catch up or do you just lay back an let the ? smoke?

As a person who loves Multiple orgasms, I don't agree with that part of feminism at all. These ? need to be stopped.

Im amazed. First time i meet that type of feminist.

Who is your spokeperson in the media ? In music ? Hollywood?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol

@pralims‌

After reading some of ur posts you were better off asking the question: what type of man would want to be in a relationship with a feminist?

might be the next thread....lol

Lol

the very woman who inspired this thread is by all signs happily married

So obviously it is very possible for a feminist, strong blk wm to have a successful relationship

Obfresh offered proof and my relationship is living proof as well

Not to mention there are men who self identify as feminist

/thread

ob is not a feminist and the author needed a weaker man.

so maybe i should rename the thread to can a feminist be in a relationship with a ? that aint a ?

so a "? " that has no problem with his woman knowing her worth, rather have her own money, and doesnt mind paying for dinner is a "? ""?
  • desertrain10
    Feminism to me is the realization that like my brother i too am a human being capable of great and not so great things

Though we are built differently my brother and i when possible should be held to the same standards and afforded the same opportunities

I am a sexual being the same as my brother

i am worth more than my looks and my ability to reproduce

Iam not the property of my brother subject to his every whim

my brother is worth more than his ability to protect me or provide for his family

I too am capable of leading just as my brother

Submission is not a ? word but a practice both men and women should become familiar with

So how come those notions are not championned publicly?

They are...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol

@pralims‌

After reading some of ur posts you were better off asking the question: what type of man would want to be in a relationship with a feminist?

Lol

So obviously it is very possible for a feminist, strong blk wm to have a successful relationship

/thread

so maybe i should rename the thread to can a feminist be in a relationship with a ? that aint a ?

@pralims Have you read anything on this? I'm not being funny, but you are speaking as an authority, yet coming off like you were taught the School House Rock version of this or some ? . It's okay to admit that you may have either minimal understanding of a cultural phenomenon or that the understanding that you do have as gathered through television. But don't be lazy and make assumptions without the slightest bit of research. Be humble. Be teachable.

sweety i am very teachable. but i am very inquisitive also. i don't take anything at just word value. i am speaking from an article from someone who says they are a feminist who felt like she was being bought.
    I am speaking from the hundred of women i ran into and continue to run into with the mindframe you are saying doesnt exist.

you are saying be teachable, why don't you try talking to your male family members and ask them the type chicks they run into.

i can introduce you to plenty of chicks that would read your posts and call you weak and a poor excuse for a woman for thinking the way you do. i can also hear guys saying they would love a woman who can compromise.

you are on one end of the rainbow while i am speaking about the other end.

you are in a relationship that is working but how does your view work in that? i still dont see it.

you seems like a good chick that is ok with balance but not having everything equal depending on what it is. am I right?

so what am i not being teachable about?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a broad just believes in equal rights for men and women then i don't see the same problem.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Lol

@pralims‌

Lol

/thread

so a "? " that has no problem with his woman knowing her worth, rather have her own money, and doesnt mind paying for dinner is a "? ""?

thats what you got from what you quoted?
    i am talking about the dude and the author thinking a lessor man is the better man because he didnt make her feel bought.

a woman can know her worth and still be wined and dined. thats actually a man taking his time and showing respect and respecting her worth. if the dude came right out an said...im trying to pay for ? ...then she has a point. but he didnt. he showed her something she could not do for herself an she felt intimidated and called him a sugardaddy.

you see nothing wrong with that?
    heres an idea....
    rather than come at my neck maybe you should come at the neck of the women who call themselves feminist while doing radical ? and giving the real feminists a bad name.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Ill do some researches.
    But OB and Westie are two one of a kind of feminists...
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    @skpjr78‌ black women/feminists/birds are one in the same in your mind or nah?

Not necessarily@westie but the fact still stands that there is a large percentage of black women that u just cant make happy. These broads were damaged somewhere along the way and they etxpect every man to either A) deal w/their ? or B) fix problems they didnt create. Its hard enough out here just waking up black in Amerikkka. Then u got a brother who gets up everyday trying to do the right thing and provide for the family and you come home to some cackling ass ? who wants you to be a stereotype so she can validate her men are dogs ass mentality. ? all that. Brothers are getting of that ? .

The % of damaged ass sisters is at pandemic levels. If u r expecting ur man to fix issues that were caused by some dude 20 years ago that ur man never met while simultaneously claiming to be an independent feminist who doesnt need a man u r a confused damaged ass ? that needs to getfixed b4 trying to build something w/someone else. A dude thats about his business will only deal w/? for so long. And then when the guy finally realizes just how ? the ? is and drops her ass that just feeds into these damaged hoes ? up mentalites. These hoes wantto be mistreated b/c thats the only thing they understand. Treating these broads right just confuses them and they revert back to the only thing they know which is brothers aint ? and men are dogs. So the baggage piles up and then u throw an uneducateddumb ? view of feminism on top of that and the vicious downward cycle continues.

200x200px-ZC-845d5d11_post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

I'll get back to you after I have my red bull.

U finished that red bull yet @westie? Im still waiting for u to tell me how Im wrong for exposing the inconsistency of a baggage carrying woman who wants her man to deal with/fix her issues while simultaneously playing the role of the independent strong feminist who doesn't need a man. How can one woman have both mentalites at the same time?????
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feminists are still woman
    Dont drink the Kool Aid
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill do some researches.
    But OB and Westie are two one of a kind of feminists...

I'm not a feminist.
  • Westie

Not necessarily@westie but the fact still stands that there is a large percentage of black women that u just cant make happy. These broads were damaged somewhere along the way and they etxpect every man to either A) deal w/their ? or B) fix problems they didnt create. Its hard enough out here just waking up black in Amerikkka. Then u got a brother who gets up everyday trying to do the right thing and provide for the family and you come home to some cackling ass ? who wants you to be a stereotype so she can validate her men are dogs ass mentality. ? all that. Brothers are getting of that ? .

The % of damaged ass sisters is at pandemic levels. If u r expecting ur man to fix issues that were caused by some dude 20 years ago that ur man never met while simultaneously claiming to be an independent feminist who doesnt need a man u r a confused damaged ass ? that needs to getfixed b4 trying to build something w/someone else. A dude thats about his business will only deal w/? for so long. And then when the guy finally realizes just how ? the ? is and drops her ass that just feeds into these damaged hoes ? up mentalites. These hoes wantto be mistreated b/c thats the only thing they understand. Treating these broads right just confuses them and they revert back to the only thing they know which is brothers aint ? and men are dogs. So the baggage piles up and then u throw an uneducateddumb ? view of feminism on top of that and the vicious downward cycle continues.

U finished that red bull yet @westie? Im still waiting for u to tell me how Im wrong for exposing the inconsistency of a baggage carrying woman who wants her man to deal with/fix her issues while simultaneously playing the role of the independent strong feminist who doesn't need a man. How can one woman have both mentalites at the same time?????
    Number one you're not exposing anything that I haven't heard A million times, so your thought isn't original. Let's make that clear.

secondly I'm kind of debating on whether I want to broach the issue of black men versus black womenn. I'm not feeling it. I love black men and I'm not gonna paint you all under one broad stroke.

I know a lot of multifaceted black men and I'm sorry you haven't had that experience of black women. I'm glad I have. I've also had multiple experiences with damaged white/other women, which a lot of you ? seem to forget. people are people and a lot of them have been hurt and a lot of them have been damaged. What is different about black women is that not only are they ? on by other races, they get ? on by their own race I.E.you. It's ? tiring and exhausting. give yourself a high-five for being one of these ? .

You need to expand your social circle. Also just as a note we attract what we are. So if you're attracting ain't ? black women you might want to take a ? look in the mirror.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Its a psychological reaction imo. Most of them have seen their respective moms being humiliated, beaten. But they were too small to help.
    And it can be very stressfull painfull mentally.

So, in order to avenge momy, they take the indy women / super feminist route during their teenage time. However it is just a temporary mindset set by the mind in order to apease these girls.

Then comes the time when nature is setting these women' physiology so they fall in love with a man. They face a dilemma : how can i be attracted to the gender i ve been ? on for years at Starbuck? How come i like his demeanor his smile? How come im aroused? HOW CAN I COMBINE HOW I FEEL WITH HOW I THINK ?

Just an opinion.
  • Westie

Its a psychological reaction imo. Most of them have seen their respective moms being humiliated, beaten. But they were too small to help.

So, in order to avenge momy, they take the indy women / super feminist route during their teenage time. However it is just a temporary mindset set by the mind in order to apease these girls.

Then comes the time when nature is setting these women' physiology so they fall in love with a man. They face a dilemma : how can i be attracted to the gender i ve been ? on for years at Starbuck? How come i like his demeanor his smile? How come im aroused? HOW CAN I COMBINE HOW I FEEL WITH HOW I THINK ?

Just an opinion.
    Are we all pretending we have psychology degrees? Can I delve into why some men feel their manhood is threatened by a "strong" woman?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can feminists have a good relationship? Yes. They just have to find their counterpart. There are other ways for a man to love a woman aside from protecting and "taking care" of her. Those are my 2 favorite things, but that's me.

A misandrist on the other hand, yes, if she finds the right whipping boy.

Let me take care of you @Westie‌.

I'm old and fat, but I am financially stable.

Ask Manda and @Evilchuck‌ about my stock portfolio.
  • 2stepz_ahead

Number one you're not exposing anything that I haven't heard A million times, so your thought isn't original. Let's make that clear.

secondly I'm kind of debating on whether I want to broach the issue of black men versus black womenn. I'm not feeling it. I love black men and I'm not gonna paint you all under one broad stroke.

I know a lot of multifaceted black men and I'm sorry you haven't had that experience of black women. I'm glad I have. I've also had multiple experiences with damaged white/other women, which a lot of you ? seem to forget. people are people and a lot of them have been hurt and a lot of them have been damaged. What is different about black women is that not only are they ? on by other races, they get ? on by their own race I.E.you. It's ? tiring and exhausting. give yourself a high-five for being one of these ? .

You need to expand your social circle. Also just as a note we attract what we are. So if you're attracting ain't ? black women you might want to take a ? look in the mirror.

i think the black woman part comes in because its more black chicks braggin about being independent and strong. i have yet to run into a white or latina woman who says this.

that is because it is expected of them once you become an adult. again its nothing to brag about or be congratulated about because you have a job, and pay your bills.

but i do agree with the bolded.....i had to get my ? together once i took my look.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Just an opinion.
    Are we all pretending we have psychology degrees? Can I delve into why some men feel their manhood is threatened by a "strong" woman?

Castration anguish
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited September 2014

Just an opinion.

but what is a strong woman?

are you talking about the women who have men who are less than them and constantly remind them?

or the men who cant take that his woman is now making more than him?

why would strong need to be added to her name and introduction like its a degree?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Just an opinion.

It is also the result of that Disney / hollywood ? . We grow up being told that women are weak.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Lol

@pralims‌

Lol

/thread

@pralims Have you read anything on this? I'm not being funny, but you are speaking as an authority, yet coming off like you were taught the School House Rock version of this or some ? . It's okay to admit that you may have either minimal understanding of a cultural phenomenon or that the understanding that you do have as gathered through television. But don't be lazy and make assumptions without the slightest bit of research. Be humble. Be teachable.

sweety i am very teachable. but i am very inquisitive also. i don't take anything at just word value. i am speaking from an article from someone who says they are a feminist who felt like she was being bought.
    I am speaking from the hundred of women i ran into and continue to run into with the mindframe you are saying doesnt exist.

you are saying be teachable, why don't you try talking to your male family members and ask them the type chicks they run into.

i can introduce you to plenty of chicks that would read your posts and call you weak and a poor excuse for a woman for thinking the way you do. i can also hear guys saying they would love a woman who can compromise.

you are in a relationship that is working but how does your view work in that? i still dont see it.

you seems like a good chick that is ok with balance but not having everything equal depending on what it is. am I right?

The women like the one in this article do exist, but they aren't a representation of all women who consider themselves feminist. It's not people in here not acknowledging those women don't exists, it's mainly you allowing those women you run into the shape your entire idea of what a feminist woman is. Even they can't agree on exactly what a feminist woman is which is part of alot these women damn problem in the first place. The thing is though, and you basically admit to it in this post, is that you know all feminists aren't one thing or have one mindset by saying you know women who'd call OB weak yet you're still attempting to define them as only one thing. That will always fail.
  • deadeye
    LordZuko wrote: »
    @Westie‌ feminists make the best jumps. That "you can ? just as much as a man" mentality is like the best thing ever happened.

I somewhat agree with you. Do I think they're ? you? No

bpvTJfJ.jpg
  • desertrain10
    edited September 2014
    Lol

@pralims‌

Lol

/thread

thats what you got from what you quoted?
    i am talking about the dude and the author thinking a lessor man is the better man because he didnt make her feel bought.

a woman can know her worth and still be wined and dined. thats actually a man taking his time and showing respect and respecting her worth. if the dude came right out an said...im trying to pay for ? ...then she has a point. but he didnt. he showed her something she could not do for herself an she felt intimidated and called him a sugardaddy.

you see nothing wrong with that?
    heres an idea....
    rather than come at my neck maybe you should come at the neck of the women who call themselves feminist while doing radical ? and giving the real feminists a bad name.

Like others have said the woman in question sees no harm in being wined and dined every now and than. She just didnt like the way tom the man who was doing the wining and dining made her feel like she was something to be brought

Tom also hinted that he didnt necessarily want her to continue working if things were to progress...which disturbed her considering her work was her passion and provided her the financial freedom to do as she pleased

she also stresses she sees no problem with one spouse financially supporting another...so obviously its not an issue of not wanting a man of equal standings or who makes more money

Not to mention her current husband is a doctor if im not mistaken and successful in his own right

From what i gather this has less to do with her feminist sensibilities and more to do with what tom choose not to do

Had he put forth more an effort to impress her with his charm and intellect rather than his bank account he may have had an chance. no better yet had he had considered how he was making her feel rather than doing things his way we wouldn't even be having this discussion

With that said, i cant see why any man would run from a such a woman...or why her husband has to be a ?

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lol

@pralims‌

Lol

/thread

The women like the one in this article do exist, but they aren't a representation of all women who consider themselves feminist. It's not people in here not acknowledging those women don't exists, it's mainly you allowing those women you run into the shape your entire idea of what a feminist woman is. Even they can't agree on exactly what a feminist woman is which is part of alot these women damn problem in the first place. The thing is though, and you basically admit to it in this post, is that you know all feminists aren't one thing or have one mindset by saying you know women who'd call OB weak yet you're still attempting to define them as only one thing. That will always fail.

They need to talk LOUDER in the public sphere imo.
  • Westie

i think the black woman part comes in because its more black chicks braggin about being independent and strong. i have yet to run into a white or latina woman who says this.

that is because it is expected of them once you become an adult. again its nothing to brag about or be congratulated about because you have a job, and pay your bills.

but i do agree with the bolded.....i had to get my ? together once i took my look.

Let's be clear, issues black people - men and women- have in general are very different of those than white and Latino people. I don't want to get into this ? , I really don't. I don't want to talk about Black men being incarcerated, I don't want to talk about black women being single mothers, the ? epidemic, the war on drugs, slavery, I don't want to talk about any of that ? . there's reasons behind all of this ? .

And black men Saying most black women ain't ? because of *insert ? here* is not helpful. Neither is black women doing the same, it's not productive. It's all so many generalizations, and reasons behind every ? stereotype you can think of. they don't fall from the sky and they're not created by magical ghetto ratchet fairy dust.
  • deadeye
    Lots of weak females are acting feminists but behind curtains they re not.
    Once they find a man they forget all that ? .

TRUE FEMINISTS i know are divorced or single.

That depends on your definition of a feminist. Your opinion on what a feminist is doesn't make it so.

Feminism at first was good cause it was about giving women more respect , recognition and RIGHTS.
    It wasnt about splitting with men, hating chivalry and single famillies.
    they were seeking COMMUNICATION AND UNDERSTANDING

It has derailed imo with the emergence of women with economic power equal / superior to men. The words INDEPENDANCE, single woman with a baby, "men are not to trust" " up to no good" has became mottos to the point it makes difficult to a nowadays feminist to have a COUPLE LIFE.
    My point still stands. You're defining feminism as something that has morphed into misandry. Two different things.

Ok... so you mean that misandry to the feminists is what the Tea Party is to Republicans?

Makes sense.

Especially given the fact that the Republicans have been at the mercy of the Tea Party ever since Obama got elected.

Basically, the Tea Party runs the Republicans the same way that misandrists run the feminist movement.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lol

@pralims‌

Lol

/thread

They need to talk LOUDER in the public sphere imo.

You can say that for any group of people. The loudest are often the most ignorant and nonsensical. People pay more attention to grand gestures, even the stupid ones, as opposed to the actual daily grind that any social movement entails and the daily struggle work that goes into it.