Can feminists and strong black women really have a successful heterosexual relationship?

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westie wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    @skpjr78‌ black women/feminists/birds are one in the same in your mind or nah?

Not necessarily@westie but the fact still stands that there is a large percentage of black women that u just cant make happy. These broads were damaged somewhere along the way and they etxpect every man to either A) deal w/their ? or B) fix problems they didnt create. Its hard enough out here just waking up black in Amerikkka. Then u got a brother who gets up everyday trying to do the right thing and provide for the family and you come home to some cackling ass ? who wants you to be a stereotype so she can validate her men are dogs ass mentality. ? all that. Brothers are getting of that ? .

The % of damaged ass sisters is at pandemic levels. If u r expecting ur man to fix issues that were caused by some dude 20 years ago that ur man never met while simultaneously claiming to be an independent feminist who doesnt need a man u r a confused damaged ass ? that needs to getfixed b4 trying to build something w/someone else. A dude thats about his business will only deal w/? for so long. And then when the guy finally realizes just how ? the ? is and drops her ass that just feeds into these damaged hoes ? up mentalites. These hoes wantto be mistreated b/c thats the only thing they understand. Treating these broads right just confuses them and they revert back to the only thing they know which is brothers aint ? and men are dogs. So the baggage piles up and then u throw an uneducateddumb ? view of feminism on top of that and the vicious downward cycle continues.

200x200px-ZC-845d5d11_post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

I'll get back to you after I have my red bull.

U finished that red bull yet @westie? Im still waiting for u to tell me how Im wrong for exposing the inconsistency of a baggage carrying woman who wants her man to deal with/fix her issues while simultaneously playing the role of the independent strong feminist who doesn't need a man. How can one woman have both mentalites at the same time?????
    Number one you're not exposing anything that I haven't heard A million times, so your thought isn't original. Let's make that clear.

secondly I'm kind of debating on whether I want to broach the issue of black men versus black womenn. I'm not feeling it. I love black men and I'm not gonna paint you all under one broad stroke.

I know a lot of multifaceted black men and I'm sorry you haven't had that experience of black women. I'm glad I have. I've also had multiple experiences with damaged white/other women, which a lot of you ? seem to forget. people are people and a lot of them have been hurt and a lot of them have been damaged. What is different about black women is that not only are they ? on by other races, they get ? on by their own race I.E.you. It's ? tiring and exhausting. give yourself a high-five for being one of these ? .

You need to expand your social circle. Also just as a note we attract what we are. So if you're attracting ain't ? black women you might want to take a ? look in the mirror.

i think the black woman part comes in because its more black chicks braggin about being independent and strong. i have yet to run into a white or latina woman who says this.

that is because it is expected of them once you become an adult. again its nothing to brag about or be congratulated about because you have a job, and pay your bills.

but i do agree with the bolded.....i had to get my ? together once i took my look.

Let's be clear, issues black people - men and women- have in general are very different of those than white and Latino people. I don't want to get into this ? , I really don't. I don't want to talk about Black men being incarcerated, I don't want to talk about black women being single mothers, the ? epidemic, the war on drugs, slavery, I don't want to talk about any of that ? . there's reasons behind all of this ? .

And black men Saying most black women ain't ? because of *insert ? here* is not helpful. Neither is black women doing the same, it's not productive. It's all so many generalizations, and reasons behind every ? stereotype you can think of. they don't fall from the sky and they're not created by magical ghetto ratchet fairy dust.

You have my respect madame
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily@westie but the fact still stands that there is a large percentage of black women that u just cant make happy. These broads were damaged somewhere along the way and they etxpect every man to either A) deal w/their ? or B) fix problems they didnt create. Its hard enough out here just waking up black in Amerikkka. Then u got a brother who gets up everyday trying to do the right thing and provide for the family and you come home to some cackling ass ? who wants you to be a stereotype so she can validate her men are dogs ass mentality. ? all that. Brothers are getting of that ? .

The % of damaged ass sisters is at pandemic levels. If u r expecting ur man to fix issues that were caused by some dude 20 years ago that ur man never met while simultaneously claiming to be an independent feminist who doesnt need a man u r a confused damaged ass ? that needs to getfixed b4 trying to build something w/someone else. A dude thats about his business will only deal w/? for so long. And then when the guy finally realizes just how ? the ? is and drops her ass that just feeds into these damaged hoes ? up mentalites. These hoes wantto be mistreated b/c thats the only thing they understand. Treating these broads right just confuses them and they revert back to the only thing they know which is brothers aint ? and men are dogs. So the baggage piles up and then u throw an uneducateddumb ? view of feminism on top of that and the vicious downward cycle continues.

U finished that red bull yet @westie? Im still waiting for u to tell me how Im wrong for exposing the inconsistency of a baggage carrying woman who wants her man to deal with/fix her issues while simultaneously playing the role of the independent strong feminist who doesn't need a man. How can one woman have both mentalites at the same time?????

Its a psychological reaction imo. Most of them have seen their respective moms being humiliated, beaten. But they were too small to help.
    And it can be very stressfull painfull mentally.

So, in order to avenge momy, they take the indy women / super feminist route during their teenage time. However it is just a temporary mindset set by the mind in order to apease these girls.

Then comes the time when nature is setting these women' physiology so they fall in love with a man. They face a dilemma : how can i be attracted to the gender i ve been ? on for years at Starbuck? How come i like his demeanor his smile? How come im aroused? HOW CAN I COMBINE HOW I FEEL WITH HOW I THINK ?

Just an opinion.
    Are we all pretending we have psychology degrees? Can I delve into why some men feel their manhood is threatened by a "strong" woman?

do it lol....
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @Westie‌ what has lead you to this mindstate?
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a psychological reaction imo. Most of them have seen their respective moms being humiliated, beaten. But they were too small to help.
    And it can be very stressfull painfull mentally.

So, in order to avenge momy, they take the indy women / super feminist route during their teenage time. However it is just a temporary mindset set by the mind in order to apease these girls.

Then comes the time when nature is setting these women' physiology so they fall in love with a man. They face a dilemma : how can i be attracted to the gender i ve been ? on for years at Starbuck? How come i like his demeanor his smile? How come im aroused? HOW CAN I COMBINE HOW I FEEL WITH HOW I THINK ?

Just an opinion.
    Are we all pretending we have psychology degrees? Can I delve into why some men feel their manhood is threatened by a "strong" woman?

but what is a strong woman?

are you talking about the women who have men who are less than them and constantly remind them?

or the men who cant take that his woman is now making more than him?

why would strong need to be added to her name and introduction like its a degree?

In my opinion a strong women embodies a lot of things and there's not one single definition. Feminism really has nothing to do with being strong. I was simply responding to someone breaking down the mentality of a stereotype that's why strong was in quotations.

I don't think a man who is with a feminist is a ? . Different people like different things. Even a man who likes being beaten down by A misandrist isn't necessarily a ? . He could just have a fetish ? type ? . Who am I to judge?… I mean I will, but I shouldn't.
  • Westie

That's a very complex answer lol
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Thats why an interview is needed. The IC need to discover that a black woman like you exists. By giving your colors i could paint a face a model that could inspire a lot of young female lurkers ...

You owe this to your community imo
  • Westie

Thats why an interview is needed. The IC need to discover that a black woman like you exists. By giving your colors i could paint a face a model that could inspire a lot of young female lurkers ...

Nope
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Nope

At least give us some author that have inspired your way of thinking.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Well, the domestic sphere is certainly not the same as the philosophical sphere, and the domestic sphere is where the philosophy meets the pavement.

I'll level with you. The understanding that men have of feminism is akin to the small section devoted to Black history in public school systems, so I am aware of why you may not be able to appreciate it beyond "women want to be equal." It's far more complex. I don't think anyone means equal in every way, as I can obviously not carry a mattress. But for the sake of this conversation and since we are talking about relationships, I take that to mean that as long as both of you feel valued, and that your contributions to the relationship are close to equal and significant, then those are the inner workings of feminist principles. On the surface, I have a very meat-and-potatoes, macho sorta guy, but he is also very reflective and very much a thinker. We both examine, on our own terms, and acknowledge how gender manifests itself in how we operate, but that does not mean we're willing to negotiate EVERY major detail of our lives down to who is responsible for dinner. He does not know how to boil a hotdog. I am not any less down for the cause because I say I'll handle it.

The domestic sphere is extremely malleable. The complications ( or differences, rather ) you're alluding to exist because of the notions and opinions people have, not because of any innate or inevitable circumstances that make exercising any sort theory regarding equality impossible. Human error, if you will, however complimentary..

It boils down to what you said earlier, that you won't deal with snow. That is a decision, babe; A decision that is a result of a mindset other than what you're claiming feminism to be.

What many struggle with beyond blatant misogyny and/or sexism, seemingly anyway, is that feminism seems to be a platform that is used to announce the benefits women should also enjoy in addition to the ones they already do, with no real conversation about relinquishing the foundations that enable them to, for instance, refuse to shovel snow.

In all honesty, your s/o is a proponent of that, not feminism.

And you know me OB, this is more a talking point than a rebuttal. I support you being free to enjoy any relationship you wish, and I'm the type of guy that would make that all the easier for you. But unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a clear definition of what feminism is simply because it's exercises in so many different ways, many of which contradict one another; And whatever is there certainly isn't apparent or explicit enough to attach any sort of "movement" or "social phenomenon" to..

Yes, I've read all about feminism, btw.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you take her to dinner for date night? no, because she wants to pay for herself.
    can you buy her something nice? no, because she already bought it or wants to buy it herself.
    can you make her feel safe? no, because she already bought a glock and has a license to carry.
    can you buy her a house? no, because she most likely already has it or doesnt want you to be the one to purchase it.
    This right here turns me off to the whole article.

Aint a ? alive - man hater feminist, humanist feminist, ? Oprah Winfrey Lifetime Channel feminist - that would EVER mind if you buy her something. Thats why "I HAVE MY OWN ? I DONT NEED YOURS" makes me laugh. A ? can own her own ? island. She still wants half of the jar of sand you scooped up at Venice Beach last time you were on vacation.

A ? with her own money still would rather spend YOURS. Because they ALL believe in gender roles. ALL OF THEM. I dont care how much ? they talk.

There's no such thing as a feminist when bills are involved. All those hoes turn into Susie Homemakers who learn to love the Gender Roles they claim to hate once somebody shows their ass a bill, rent or mortgage.

And to assume feminists already have/own their own ? is ridiculous. These ? dont have ? just because they talk about having ? . Just like you ? dont date dimes just cuz you talk about it all the time. ? BE LYIN BREH.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @‌westie how many black female friends that think like you do you have?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol

@pralims‌

After reading some of ur posts you were better off asking the question: what type of man would want to be in a relationship with a feminist?

might be the next thread....lol

Lol

the very woman who inspired this thread is by all signs happily married

So obviously it is very possible for a feminist, strong blk wm to have a successful relationship

Obfresh offered proof and my relationship is living proof as well

Not to mention there are men who self identify as feminist

/thread

ob is not a feminist and the author needed a weaker man.

so maybe i should rename the thread to can a feminist be in a relationship with a ? that aint a ?

@pralims Have you read anything on this? I'm not being funny, but you are speaking as an authority, yet coming off like you were taught the School House Rock version of this or some ? . It's okay to admit that you may have either minimal understanding of a cultural phenomenon or that the understanding that you do have as gathered through television. But don't be lazy and make assumptions without the slightest bit of research. Be humble. Be teachable.

sweety i am very teachable. but i am very inquisitive also. i don't take anything at just word value. i am speaking from an article from someone who says they are a feminist who felt like she was being bought.
    I am speaking from the hundred of women i ran into and continue to run into with the mindframe you are saying doesnt exist.

you are saying be teachable, why don't you try talking to your male family members and ask them the type chicks they run into.

i can introduce you to plenty of chicks that would read your posts and call you weak and a poor excuse for a woman for thinking the way you do. i can also hear guys saying they would love a woman who can compromise.

you are on one end of the rainbow while i am speaking about the other end.

you are in a relationship that is working but how does your view work in that? i still dont see it.

you seems like a good chick that is ok with balance but not having everything equal depending on what it is. am I right?

so what am i not being teachable about?

Well, you seem to be holding strong to the idea that handling the bulk of cleaning and washing dishes and being a feminist is mutually exclusive. That to me just says that you have had limited exposure to this topic. I'm certain that there are women who would say that I am weak. They too, like many, have a very surface understanding and probably couldn't tell you ? beyond equal pay, abortion, and the ? monologues. When people say you cant be a feminist and perform any task resembling a traditional role, I shut up and just listen because fools will reveal themselves. I am telling you to be teachable because I would bet my next paycheck that you have never read a single book on gender equality. I'm not a false flagger and more importantly, I am very vocal about areas where my knowledge is not extensive. Are you insistent on assuming that I am not something that you cannot adequately define, or are you willing to admit that it doesn't profit me much to be having this exchange with you about something I identify as if I didn't know the ins and outs. It would be similar to if I argued with you about child support or sports or some ? . I would be more willing to just listen because you are intimately familiar in ways that I am not.

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    You know what?

I'll ignore the example and instead talk in general...the answer is yes.

I don't know what makes you believe that a feminist cannot have a successful heterosexual relationship but it's just like everything else: eventually you will meet someone who beat fits your personality and lifestyle.

I guess you mean a misandrist...but once again y'all show that you don't know the difference so I guess this argument is once again not for me to engage in.

As always, you come through as the objective, non-myopic male on these things. I appreciate you. >:D<

Some fools on here will erroneously try to yoke 'feminist' and 'misandrist' together. Such small minds. Same ones in each and every anti-feminist thread on here, too. They're beyond pathetic.

youre too pretty to be angry. your lips are made to make your smile more beautiful and not deliver such angry words.

I believe that's an example of benevolent sexism.
  • desertrain10
    deadeye wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    You know what?

I'll ignore the example and instead talk in general...the answer is yes.

I don't know what makes you believe that a feminist cannot have a successful heterosexual relationship but it's just like everything else: eventually you will meet someone who beat fits your personality and lifestyle.

I guess you mean a misandrist...but once again y'all show that you don't know the difference so I guess this argument is once again not for me to engage in.

As always, you come through as the objective, non-myopic male on these things. I appreciate you. >:D<

Some fools on here will erroneously try to yoke 'feminist' and 'misandrist' together. Such small minds. Same ones in each and every anti-feminist thread on here, too. They're beyond pathetic.

youre too pretty to be angry. your lips are made to make your smile more beautiful and not deliver such angry words.

I believe that's an example of benevolent sexism.

you're learning

ladies our efforts have not gone in vain
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are confusing "feminist" with "? "
    I think you don't know what a synonym is lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I dated a self proclaimed feminist of the current wave (she said there were many) that believes that a women should be able to get an abortion at any point that it the baby is in her belly because it's her body period (3 weeks or 8 months doesn't matter). Thoughts on that?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Lol

@pralims‌

After reading some of ur posts you were better off asking the question: what type of man would want to be in a relationship with a feminist?

Lol

So obviously it is very possible for a feminist, strong blk wm to have a successful relationship

/thread

so maybe i should rename the thread to can a feminist be in a relationship with a ? that aint a ?

@pralims Have you read anything on this? I'm not being funny, but you are speaking as an authority, yet coming off like you were taught the School House Rock version of this or some ? . It's okay to admit that you may have either minimal understanding of a cultural phenomenon or that the understanding that you do have as gathered through television. But don't be lazy and make assumptions without the slightest bit of research. Be humble. Be teachable.

sweety i am very teachable. but i am very inquisitive also. i don't take anything at just word value. i am speaking from an article from someone who says they are a feminist who felt like she was being bought.
    I am speaking from the hundred of women i ran into and continue to run into with the mindframe you are saying doesnt exist.

you are saying be teachable, why don't you try talking to your male family members and ask them the type chicks they run into.

i can introduce you to plenty of chicks that would read your posts and call you weak and a poor excuse for a woman for thinking the way you do. i can also hear guys saying they would love a woman who can compromise.

you are on one end of the rainbow while i am speaking about the other end.

you are in a relationship that is working but how does your view work in that? i still dont see it.

you seems like a good chick that is ok with balance but not having everything equal depending on what it is. am I right?

so what am i not being teachable about?

Well, you seem to be holding strong to the idea that handling the bulk of cleaning and washing dishes and being a feminist is mutually exclusive. That to me just says that you have had limited exposure to this topic. I'm certain that there are women who would say that I am weak. They too, like many, have a very surface understanding and probably couldn't tell you ? beyond equal pay, abortion, and the ? monologues. When people say you cant be a feminist and perform any task resembling a traditional role, I shut up and just listen because fools will reveal themselves. I am telling you to be teachable because I would bet my next paycheck that you have never read a single book on gender equality. I'm not a false flagger and more importantly, I am very vocal about areas where my knowledge is not extensive. Are you insistent on assuming that I am not something that you cannot adequately define, or are you willing to admit that it doesn't profit me much to be having this exchange with you about something I identify as if I didn't know the ins and outs. It would be similar to if I argued with you about child support or sports or some ? . I would be more willing to just listen because you are intimately familiar in ways that I am not.

OK...so teach me what it is.

I'm all ears.

Also, I have not read a book about. you are right. but I have been reading about it for years.

so again. teach me.

what is a feminist?
    why are you a feminist?
    why does it have to profit you to educate someone that you are claiming knows nothing?
    you would profit from knowing you educated someone. is that not enough.

so teach me.
  • Westie

Nope

At least give us some author that have inspired your way of thinking.
    Honestly don't have one.
    @‌westie how many black female friends that think like you do you have?

Not a one.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! On a Sunday at that
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I dated a self proclaimed feminist of the current wave (she said there were many) that believes that a women should be able to get an abortion at any point that it the baby is in her belly because it's her body period (3 weeks or 8 months doesn't matter). Thoughts on that?

Crazie woman that thinks that anarchy and irresponsibility are the best form of liberty.
    Wear a condom G
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazie woman that thinks that anarchy and irresponsibility are the best form of liberty.
    Wear a condom G

I dodged that like the Matrix. She would have bodied that seed anyway.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pregnancy isn't an autonomous phenomenon, and I'm not saying that to say women shouldn't have a say in how it all goes down; More so that the guy involved shouldn't have no say..
  • desertrain10
    Lol

@pralims‌

Lol

/thread

so a "? " that has no problem with his woman knowing her worth, rather have her own money, and doesnt mind paying for dinner is a "? ""?

thats what you got from what you quoted?
    i am talking about the dude and the author thinking a lessor man is the better man because he didnt make her feel bought.

a woman can know her worth and still be wined and dined. thats actually a man taking his time and showing respect and respecting her worth. if the dude came right out an said...im trying to pay for ? ...then she has a point. but he didnt. he showed her something she could not do for herself an she felt intimidated and called him a sugardaddy.

you see nothing wrong with that?
    heres an idea....
    rather than come at my neck maybe you should come at the neck of the women who call themselves feminist while doing radical ? and giving the real feminists a bad name.

Like others have said the woman in question sees no harm in being wined and dined every now and than. She just didnt like the way tom the man who was doing the wining and dining made her feel like she was something to be brought

Tom also hinted that he didnt necessarily want her to continue working if things were to progress...which disturbed her considering her work was her passion and provided her the financial freedom to do as she pleased

she also stresses she sees no problem with one spouse financially supporting another...so obviously its not an issue of not wanting a man of equal standings or who makes more money

Not to mention her current husband is a doctor if im not mistaken and successful in his own right

From what i gather this has less to do with her feminist sensibilities and more to do with what tom choose not to do

Had he put forth more an effort to impress her with his charm and intellect rather than his bank account he may have had an chance. no better yet had he had considered how he was making her feel rather than doing things his way we wouldn't even be having this discussion

With that said, i cant see why any man would run from a such a woman...or why her husband has to be a ?

@pralims ....
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Wear a condom G

I dodged that like the Matrix. She would have bodied that seed anyway.

Fa sure
    That women would have waited until 8 months to abort just to show you that she decides and is independant... smh