BLACK FOLKS: IF THE G'MENT OFFERED YOU 1MILL TO LEAVE AMERICA TO GO TO AFRICA AND NEVER COME BACK

Options

Comments

• CousinBen
    CousinBen Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah!, Take my ass to the Mother Land!
    Hell yea

Move and become a billionaire

Wit my people, we gon ball
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »

Of course you can trace the roots of hip-hop back to Africa. You can trace alot of our culture back to Africa...we did in fact come from Africa. No denying that.

America is home to 30,000 Black millionaires out of 42 million total black people. The entire continent of Africa has 1.6 billion people and only 100,000 millionaires (even including non-black Arabs, and whites that moved to Africa). If you really think Black people are in control of the majority of Africa I suggest you do some research. The same war that exists on Black people in U.S. exists in Africa, don't be delusional.

You don't think exploitation exists in Africa at the hands of Europeans and now Chinese on an extremely large scale? Do some research on who's getting rich off of the resources of Africa. Also, please don't compare what happened in Ferguson to some of the violence that happens in Africa to Africans. Alot of these new nations are still dealing with problems that were created during the colonialism era. Of course that's not the entire continent but I don't see what you're getting at when you bring up Ferguson.

What is this "move the goal post" style of posting you're using? Stay in the context of what this thread is about.

Are you forgetting that we start with a million US dollars on top of our current net worth before we make the trip? So the millionaire thing doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread, nor does being a millionaire mean the same thing in certain countries in Africa vs. the US, given important factors like the cost of living and currency conversion.

Not to mention, what does how many millionaire stats have to do with how well a nation is doing as a people? If everyone becomes a millionaire, the market adjusts, prices shoot up, purchasing power shoots down.

... My post was comparing the 2 situations. No one said exploitation didn't exist, I said there is a war on black people in the US and we're not even the majority, so we are at a lost no matter which way we try to move. In comparison to Africa and certain countries in Africa, where we are by far the majority.

The Ferguson thing was to show the blatant racism and how they have no problem escalating any issue when it comes to us and only us. It supports my war on black people statement. It has nothing to do with violence in certain areas in Africa, because once again, you can choose which country, city, neighborhood you live in. No one said you have to live in a war driven village, going through civil war.

Everything in my post was a direct response to each point you made.I didn't "move any goal posts". I brought up millionaires to counter where you said "So yeah, I don't see how the U.S is any better for us than Africa. Africa has a long list of black presidents or people in power, plenty of opportunity business-wise, limitless potential, and black is the norm. "

Also this Africa that you dream of where everybody is united and there's one Black African race working for the greater good of all Black people isn't what the situation is. Each African nation is home to various ethnic groups and tribes that are in many cases working to better their own situation. There's discrimination and conflicts that happen within the Black race in Africa. There's examples of systematic oppression that Blacks impose on other Blacks. My point is that everything you're running from by leaving America, you can find examples of over there. So I'm saying if that's why you're leaving then it's not a good reason. Africa isn't hell on earth at all--but it has its share of challenges as well.

I've heard Ghana is a great place though so :shrug:

My main issue was with people saying that Blacks didn't help build this country or that we haven't built anything worthwhile here. Hence I point out the amount of Black millionaires, which per capita is way more than the amount of millionaires in Africa. You accused me of looking down on Blacks, while in the same post you deny the existence of a distinct African-American culture. It seems to me you're looking down on Blacks in America while bigging up those in Africa. I'm not looking down on anybody, just don't ? on what we've accomplished as a people in this nation. Our ancestors deserve better.
    Exactly.

If one holds such a perspective, you're striving to strip away the only fruits of our ancestors' oppression.

what exactly has been this fruit?? African-Americans are still at the bottom where is the path up? when all you have is money and no wealth after hundreds of years of work. you still remain a resource to make other people rich.
    Well you’re now soliciting an entirely different argument. A debate about the socioeconomic progression of African-Americans is entirely different from an argument suggesting that the ancestors of African-Americans didn’t contribute at all to building America.

In essence, you’ve went from arguing that past blacks didn’t give a single contribution during the formation of America, to arguing that current blacks aren’t progressing as fast as you’d like them to.

Even if I were to agree with your cynical outlook (admittedly you've raise some reasonable issues) toward our progression.
    Our current socioeconomic progression (or lack thereof) has no relevance to the quantifiable fact that our ancestors helped built this nation and impacted the fabric of American society.

i would say this african americans impacted society but i would not go so far to say you built america and actually the formation of america was done by white people. they wrote the bill of rights and the other documents that formed the government.

We both know that the US wasn't created in a vacuum. It didn't just magically ? out of thin air after a piece of paper was signed with a quill pen dipped in ink during the late 1700s.

Before the implementation of the US constitution, the actual development of the thirteen colonies was critically influenced by African slaves and after the implementation of the US constitution they proceeded to play a leading role in precipitating the industrialization of America - which ushered us into the modern era of being a technologically advanced global power.
    It honestly bafflrs my mind that you guys love the us this much.
    It's not about our love for the US.

Jono and Stiff conveyed it perfectly in their posts. It's simply intellectually dishonest to simplify this topic's hypothetical by glossing over the intricate details and prematurely attaching oneself to the "grass is always greener on the other side" outlook.

question: whats your opinion on Israel,their right of return law, and those that take advantage of that?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Of course you can trace the roots of hip-hop back to Africa. You can trace alot of our culture back to Africa...we did in fact come from Africa. No denying that.

America is home to 30,000 Black millionaires out of 42 million total black people. The entire continent of Africa has 1.6 billion people and only 100,000 millionaires (even including non-black Arabs, and whites that moved to Africa). If you really think Black people are in control of the majority of Africa I suggest you do some research. The same war that exists on Black people in U.S. exists in Africa, don't be delusional.

You don't think exploitation exists in Africa at the hands of Europeans and now Chinese on an extremely large scale? Do some research on who's getting rich off of the resources of Africa. Also, please don't compare what happened in Ferguson to some of the violence that happens in Africa to Africans. Alot of these new nations are still dealing with problems that were created during the colonialism era. Of course that's not the entire continent but I don't see what you're getting at when you bring up Ferguson.

What is this "move the goal post" style of posting you're using? Stay in the context of what this thread is about.

Are you forgetting that we start with a million US dollars on top of our current net worth before we make the trip? So the millionaire thing doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread, nor does being a millionaire mean the same thing in certain countries in Africa vs. the US, given important factors like the cost of living and currency conversion.

Not to mention, what does how many millionaire stats have to do with how well a nation is doing as a people? If everyone becomes a millionaire, the market adjusts, prices shoot up, purchasing power shoots down.

... My post was comparing the 2 situations. No one said exploitation didn't exist, I said there is a war on black people in the US and we're not even the majority, so we are at a lost no matter which way we try to move. In comparison to Africa and certain countries in Africa, where we are by far the majority.

The Ferguson thing was to show the blatant racism and how they have no problem escalating any issue when it comes to us and only us. It supports my war on black people statement. It has nothing to do with violence in certain areas in Africa, because once again, you can choose which country, city, neighborhood you live in. No one said you have to live in a war driven village, going through civil war.

Everything in my post was a direct response to each point you made.I didn't "move any goal posts". I brought up millionaires to counter where you said "So yeah, I don't see how the U.S is any better for us than Africa. Africa has a long list of black presidents or people in power, plenty of opportunity business-wise, limitless potential, and black is the norm. "

Also this Africa that you dream of where everybody is united and there's one Black African race working for the greater good of all Black people isn't what the situation is. Each African nation is home to various ethnic groups and tribes that are in many cases working to better their own situation. There's discrimination and conflicts that happen within the Black race in Africa. There's examples of systematic oppression that Blacks impose on other Blacks. My point is that everything you're running from by leaving America, you can find examples of over there. So I'm saying if that's why you're leaving then it's not a good reason. Africa isn't hell on earth at all--but it has its share of challenges as well.

My main issue was with people saying that Blacks didn't help build this country or that we haven't built anything worthwhile here. Hence I point out the amount of Black millionaires, which per capita is way more than the amount of millionaires in Africa. You accused me of looking down on Blacks, while in the same post you deny the existence of a distinct African-American culture. It seems to me you're looking down on Blacks in America while bigging up those in Africa. I'm not looking down on anybody, just don't ? on what we've accomplished as a people in this nation. Our ancestors deserve better.
    Exactly.

If one holds such a perspective, you're striving to strip away the only fruits of our ancestors' oppression.

what exactly has been this fruit?? African-Americans are still at the bottom where is the path up? when all you have is money and no wealth after hundreds of years of work. you still remain a resource to make other people rich.
    Well you’re now soliciting an entirely different argument. A debate about the socioeconomic progression of African-Americans is entirely different from an argument suggesting that the ancestors of African-Americans didn’t contribute at all to building America.

In essence, you’ve went from arguing that past blacks didn’t give a single contribution during the formation of America, to arguing that current blacks aren’t progressing as fast as you’d like them to.

Even if I were to agree with your cynical outlook (admittedly you've raise some reasonable issues) toward our progression.
    Our current socioeconomic progression (or lack thereof) has no relevance to the quantifiable fact that our ancestors helped built this nation and impacted the fabric of American society.

i would say this african americans impacted society but i would not go so far to say you built america and actually the formation of america was done by white people. they wrote the bill of rights and the other documents that formed the government.

We both know that the US wasn't created in a vacuum. It didn't just magically ? out of thin air after a piece of paper was signed with a quill pen dipped in ink during the late 1700s.

Before the implementation of the US constitution, the actual development of the thirteen colonies was critically influenced by African slaves and after the implementation of the US constitution they proceeded to play a leading role in precipitating the industrialization of America - which ushered us into the modern era of being a technologically advanced global power.

Jono and Stiff conveyed it perfectly in their posts. It's simply intellectually dishonest to simplify this topic's hypothetical by glossing over the intricate details and prematurely attaching oneself to the "grass is always greener on the other side" outlook.

You cannot give slaves the credit for the industrialization of america, true it was the end of slavery that really created the impetus for the industrialization of the south but really it was coming anyway and slaves had no choice in the matter as is often the case blacks were non-willing factors in the direction america takes.

and america became a global power after ww2 and blacks were not allowed to play a major role in it.

the 13 colonies were a creation of england not african slaves
  • zombie
    Options
    african americans have an over inflated sense of the role their ancestors played in early america, you did not crate america you were used by it.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    blacks did help build America tho; who knows how the us would develop without blacks
  • zombie
    Options
    blacks did help build America tho; who knows how the us would develop without blacks

who knows how anything would be if any thing in history changed, all we can go by is the facts and the fact is that the entire system was created by whites. blacks made no decisions and had no choices and really got no benefits from the work they did for others.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, This is my home, I aint going nowhere! YMCMB/ABCDEFG
    mannnnn them Africans bout to have u immigrants over there doin landscaping and selling juju beads and casaba melons on the side of the road..
    jus watch and see..

and nah.. I'm cool on Africa..
    i jus thought about it.. i got a daughter.. don't they be chopping off ? ? over there?? lol
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im looking for data

If you really want to take it there.. give me an example of any Black African nation and we can compare the living conditions by the numbers to Blacks in America

You guy's argument has now devolved to the denial of existence of Black progress or excellence in America. Amazing.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people just hate American Blacks.
    Thats all it boils down to.

Add them to the list.
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited September 2014
    Options
    im looking for data

If you really want to take it there.. give me an example of any Black African nation and we can compare the living conditions by the numbers to Blacks in America

You guy's argument has now devolved to the denial of existence of Black progress or excellence in America. Amazing.

I asked for tangible results of all blacks folks work in America and you talking about "more black folks in college"; you don't see the issue there?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

im looking for data

They make it seem that like we as African Americans just sat here and did not try to improve our conditions at all in the united states.If it wasn't for African Americans for civil rights a lot of foreign blacks would have came here and be drinking from the same "colored" water fountains ,getting lynched, chased by kkk members ,sitting on the back of the bus ,not having the right to vote etc.

So I find it so disrespectful when they make it seem we haven't accomplished anything since we got over here on those slave ships hundreds of years ago until now.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    im looking for data

They make it seem that like we as African Americans just sat here and did not try to improve our conditions at all in the united states.If it wasn't for African Americans for civil rights a lot of foreign blacks would have came here and be drinking from the same "colored" water fountains ,getting lynched, chased by kkk members ,sitting on the back of the bus ,not having the right to vote etc.

So I find it so disrespectful when they make it seem we haven't accomplished anything since we got over here on those slave ships hundreds of years ago until now.

Yeah...thats the insecurity inside of them. They are clowns who only want to see things one way in order to boost their own fragile view of themselves.

They know about cointelpro
    They know that the Suprwme Court passed every law possible to keep us ? up.
    They know about white flight and the desolation of the black school system in america.
    They know about the welfare state and how that along with black men being ? up from vietnam and shipped off to jail at staggering ratea ? up the black family unit in America.

They know all of this but it feels better to point a finger at us and blame us for ? that was perpetrated against us.

That's why most of us are lime ? them.

With that being said...I know who my real enemy is and with that kind if money I'm moving back to
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im looking for data

Yeah...thats the insecurity inside of them. They are clowns who only want to see things one way in order to boost their own fragile view of themselves.

They know about white flight and the desolation of the black school system in america.
    They know about the welfare state and how that along with black men being ? up from vietnam and shipped off to jail at staggering ratea ? up the black family unit in America.

They know all of this but it feels better to point a finger at us and blame us for ? that was perpetrated against us.

With that being said...I know who my real enemy is and with that kind if money I'm moving back to

And after all that ? u listed, and mind u, u have 95% more to go, alot of u ? still wanna still stay in america.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    im looking for data

And after all that ? u listed, and mind u, u have 95% more to go, alot of u ? still wanna still stay in america.
    im looking for data

Because we are African Americans and we do not believe in giving up and throwing in the towel and tucking our tails between our legs when there still more fight left in us.
    Did Martin Luther king Jr give up?no
    Did Rosa Parks give up? No
    Did Malcolm X give up?no
    Did Muhammad Ali give up?no
    Did Jackie Robinson give up?no
    Did Harriet Tubman give up? no
  • zombie
    Options
    im looking for data

im looking for data

Because we are African Americans and we do not believe in giving up and throwing in the towel and tucking our tails between our legs when there still more fight left in us.
    Did Malcolm X give up?no

you won't be giving you would be changing strategy
  • zombie
    Options
    too many emotions in this thread. no one is saying that African-Americans did not do the best they could they did but it will never be enough.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    im looking for data

im looking for data

Did Malcolm X give up?no

I personally think it is giving up you are taking a government handout and flying up out here.Fight or Flight mechanism kicked in literally when face with conflict or danger
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Exactly.

question: whats your opinion on Israel,their right of return law, and those that take advantage of that?

to all the ? yeah murica folks
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And ? say the Internet ain't real. The iC impersonates the real world thinking...Africans and those from the Caribbean and African Americans stay beefing....what really gives?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im looking for data

This would be an amazing book/movie/television series.
  • zombie
    Options
    im looking for data

im looking for data

Did Malcolm X give up?no

I personally think it is giving up you are taking a government handout and flying up out here.Fight or Flight mechanism kicked in literally when face with conflict or danger

blacks take hand outs any ? way the entire black middle class exist because of government jobs given because of affirmative action. now blacks fought for those jobs which is cool nothing is wrong with them but realistically africans american should have so much more but you don't and you won't ever get what you deserve in america
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    And ? say the Internet ain't real. The iC impersonates the real world thinking...Africans and those from the Caribbean and African Americans stay beefing....what really gives?

Not me

I'm probably amongst the very few African born posters here and I feel like family amongst my (Black) American brothas and sistas here

I've learnt a lot and I share certain ideas with them. Plus my love of HipHop music drew me to this website

Whether you're a Ghanaian or an Afro American from Mississippi, WE are all "? " in the eye of the racist cracka.. .
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why would I when Blacks was one of the first humans in this land and The Muurs was in the land of Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Georgia since way before the Natives

I mean California is named after a black woman, we always been here, it's a as backwards to leave a place when Blacks are the original inhabitants of the land.

they want you to.think that blacks wasn't here
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    why would I when Blacks was one of the first humans in this land and The Muurs was in the land of Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Georgia since way before the Natives

I mean California is named after a black woman, we always been here, it's a as backwards to leave a place when Blacks are the original inhabitants of the land.

they want you to.think that blacks wasn't here

Man ? all that dumb ? . If Korea, was to drop a nuclear. Would ya'll still stay???
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That question really isn't relevant lol...

Well without going too much in-depth about it (since it’s off topic) I’ll just admit I have a fairly cynical view of Israel overall and in regards to their law of return, its agenda-driven. Although to be fair if you delve deep enough into most diaspora politics, you’ll eventually discover some internal self-serving forces at play.

You cannot give slaves the credit for the industrialization of america, true it was the end of slavery that really created the impetus for the industrialization of the south but really it was coming anyway and slaves had no choice in the matter as is often the case blacks were non-willing factors in the direction america takes.

and america became a global power after ww2 and blacks were not allowed to play a major role in it.

the 13 colonies were a creation of england not african slaves

Ah, I see once again this is circling back to the incorrect semantic argument you put forth against stiff regarding what it means to “contribute”. There aren't any parts of the definitions that denote the 'willingness' of a contributor.
    gQh1TrW.jpg
    By definition, one can contribute to something even if it’s against their will or not done on purpose. If a starved, homeless man holds you at gun point, robs you and uses your money to buy food & water, regardless of whether you wanted to or not, you contributed to his survival.

Moreover, I didn't give slaves sole credit for the industrialization of America, but merely stated they were a salient factor – which is a historically documented, indisputable fact. Everyone knows a multitude of factors lead to the industrialization of America. The slaves had a direct and indirect influence on the industrialization, urbanization and transportation infrastructure of the US.

You’re incorrect about when the US became a global power. The US became a global power after WW1. By 1920, America’s economic proficiency was among the world’s best.

I agree with you about the birth of the colonies. However, that self-evident factoid doesn't disapprove or even address my quantifiable assertion that the actually development of the colonies (to the country they eventually transformed into) were critically influenced by African slaves, and it’s documented that roughly 90% of Colonial American population livelihood revolved around agriculture. We've obviously reached a point in this discussion where trivializing our ancestor’s cultivation of cash crops, is a pointless exercise on your part - empirical evidence is simply not in your favor.