Xenomorphs Won't Be In 'Prometheus' Sequel

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
The sequel to 2012's Prometheus is still a long way off, but that isn't stopping director Ridley Scott from sharing a nugget or two about it. In a recent interview he reveals that the Xenomorphs won't appear in it.

rfG4Xdx.jpg

Ridley Scott ("Matchstick Men") is working on sequels to Blade Runner and Prometheus. Though neither of them will be his next film, as he is currently working on The Martian. Once that film is complete he will then begin work on Blade Runner 2, which will feature the return of Harrison Ford. By the time Scott finally gets to Prometheus 2 I can't help but wonder how much interest will remain. And those that are interested, will they still be when they find out that the Xenomorphs aren't in it?

“The beast is done. Cooked,” Ridley Scott says of the Xenomorphs “I got lucky meeting Giger all those years ago. It’s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it’s obscene. They didn’t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it’s fantastic’. But after four (he has conveniently forgotten the ‘AvP’ movies), I think it wears out a little bit. There’s only so much snarling you can do. I think you’ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we’ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start.”
I'm not sure leaving out the creatures that terrorized Signourney Weaver's 'Ripley' is such a great idea. They're part of what makes the Alien franchise what it is. Leaving them out seems to distance Prometheus from its roots. To be honest with y'all, I didn't care for the first film and knowing that the sequel was written by Michael Green ("Green Lantern") and Jack Paglen (“Transcendence”) doesn't instill a lot of hope.

Besides that, Ridley Scott offered one other bit of info:

“You’ll probably have to go with [Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw] and [Michael Fassbender’s android David] – without his head. Find out how he gets his head back on!”

IM8hOIC.jpg

Comments

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Prometheus

? Ridley Scott
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well damn the martian, blade runner 2 and then prometheus 2
    ridley is already around 80 yrs old we might never get that movie
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this does not bother me the movie would probably be better now people complained about the faults in this movie but mostly the faults were with them expecting an alien prequel when this was more of a stand alone project.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the original was tremendously ? writing and execution.

For a film that they repeatedly said before it was released was not a prequel to the original but was set in the same universe,how come the film is full of Easter eggs foreshadowing things that eventually happen later on? It wasn't a straight up prequel in the usual sense no but I'm smart enough to realtor when Hollywood is trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Having said that I must have seen Prometheus about 6-7 or times.i honestly couldn't tell you why either.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I thought that movie was dope af but i increasingly feel like the only one who thought so lol. I coulda watched Fassbender ? time on that ship the whole flick. I'm baffled by how many people hate it. I mean yeah ok there was lots of dumb horror movie victim logic ("Let's ? around with that scary-ass snake thing!" "Oh no a large object is falling, I better run UNDER it!") but I don't get how it inspires such..................Hate.

That said ? all that ? prometheus 2 ? the xenomorphs HARRISON FORD IS REALLY DOWN FOR BLADE RUNNER 2? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the title read "there won't be a Prometheus sequel"

I got my hopes up
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid.

Two factors could be involved with this decision: H.R. Giger is dead. Damon Lindeloff (that ? ) really ? that script up.

I mean, on the real, that's a helluva impossible alley oop for the next writer to slam dunk on. Homeboy just left it off with them two flying to "paradise" while leaving many unanswered questions like Prometheus was the redux of Lost.

Now you want to exclude the aliens from the storyline? The whole entire premise is based around aliens, not your senseless stephen hawkings pursuits of showing your opinion that there is no ? .

I like Prometheus, but I know its one ? up movie. Without the aliens, you just have to go the route of the engineers and turn it into a scientific discussion why ? does not exist. There is no other way for this film to go. That was the whole allegory of Prometheus anyway. The discussion of if ? exists or not.

? Damon for that ? . They should have stuck with the original script instead of worrying about lining their pockets. Hollywood don't have any damn integrity.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    So it's gonna be that scientist chick and a robot head flying around space to have a theological debate for an hour and a half? Prometheus should've never had a connection to Aliens in the first place if this is the route it'd ultimately end up taking. Should have just been it's separate little franchise that nobody gives a ? about.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I just wanna see that ? get merked.