Clerks 3 Is Back On!

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kevin-Smith.jpg

"Kevin Smith has been discussing the possibility of Clerks 3 for awhile now, and though the film has had trouble finding a home, recent comments from Smith suggest it may finally see the light of day. And it’s all thanks to Smith’s latest film, Tusk.

While Tusk hasn’t exactly taken the box office by the storm, Smith discussed how pleased he’s been with the film on the most recent episode of his Hollywood Babble-On podcast. During the show, Smith said

“Tusk was the absolute bridge to Clerks 3. Because of Tusk, I got my financing for Clerks 3.”

“And that honestly would not have happened,” Smith continued on his show. “A year and change ago, I was trying f—ing desperately to get Clerks 3 made for the 20th anniversary, and that desperation, I must have reeked of it … but it was Tusk, it was people going ‘Holy f—, what else do you have?’ And I was like, ‘Clerks 3.‘ And they were like, ‘Done.’ So, everybody that’s like, ‘He failed, he failed,’ I’m like ‘Thank you, I failed into doing ‘Clerks 3.'”

Tusk has only made a little over $1.4 million since its release on Sept. 19. And while Smith did not specify where the financing is coming from, he also said on the podcast, “Box office is only a part of it” when determining a film’s success.

Clerks 3 is just one of several projects currently on Smith’s plate, however. Among those films is the currently in-production Yoga Hosers, a spinoff sequel to Tusk. Hosers takes two characters from the first film, played by Smith’s own daughter as well as Johnny Depp’s daughter, and casts them as the leads. Depp is also set to star in the film."

Comments