The Center For Disease Control Confirms First Ebola Case Diagnosed In The U.S.

2»

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't panic, don't panic
    We just getting started ? don't panic
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cured those other two that had it previously, correct? I wouldn't worry about it yet.

They should do the same with him, unless he's the exception to the rule.

And if I had to guess, he probably was having sex with someone that was infected overseas.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebola victim was originally SENT HOME from hospital with antibiotics before the deadly virus was diagnosed after he had mixed with other people for TWO DAYS

By ASSOCIATED PRESS and ZOE SZATHMARY FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 21:08 EST, 30 September 2014 | UPDATED: 06:22 EST, 1 October 2014

A Dallas hospital initially mistook a man's case of the Ebola virus in a Texas hospital for something else and gave him antibiotics

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Tom Frieden said the patient left Liberia on Sept. 19, arrived the next day to visit family and started feeling ill four or five days later

The unidentified man was critically ill and has been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital since Sunday, officials said

Medical officials said patient would not be given experimental treatment ZMapp because there is none of it left
    Frieden said there was no risk to anyone on the airplane because the patient had no symptoms at the time of the flight

An Ebola virus epidemic has killed more than 3,000 people in West Africa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2775872/Man-Ebola-Dallas-hospital-SENT-HOME-antibiotics-deadly-virus-discovered.html
    Who else did he infect? Hunt for people who came into contact with Ebola victim who was loose in Dallas for a WEEK before he sought help

By ZOE SZATHMARY FOR MAILONLINE and ASSOCIATED PRESS and REUTERS
    PUBLISHED: 16:09 EST, 30 September 2014 | UPDATED: 07:25 EST, 1 October 2014

A male patient is in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas after becoming the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the U.S.

CDC Director Tom Frieden said on Tuesday that the patient flew from Liberia to Texas on September 19

Frieden said there was no risk to anyone on the airplane because the patient had no symptoms at the time

Health authorities were tracking down family and friends who may have had close contact with the patient and could be at risk of the deadly virus

After almost a week in the US, the man sought medical help - it is believed he was dismissed with antibiotics. Health officials are investigating this misdiagnosis

The Ebola virus has killed more than 3,000 people across West Africa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2775608/CDC-confirms-Dallas-patient-isolation-testing-returning-region-plagued-Ebola-HAS-deadly-virus.html

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/519532/conspiracy-fact-or-fiction-what-are-us-biological-warfare-researchers-doing-in-the-ebola-zone#latest
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I wouldnt even let citizen travel to and from west africa if i was the U.S. and if you do travel to west africa willingly, then you cant come back
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Probably caught it by eating some ? over there
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call ? . Yaya Toure, Gervhino, and all the other West African soccer players were just in Africa and theyre back in Europe, and they're fine.

What im saying is, this ? is a plant.... Its not a coincide.
    They were testing it out in Africa, they learned how to control it, got the treatment ready, treatment, cause there's no money in a cure. Now they're bringing it home.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we just restrict people from entering the country or put them in isolation until it's confirmed they aren't sick
  • bgoat
    Which conspiracy theory should I believe?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he probably hit some afro ? and is about to make the new season of The Walking Dead before it comes on
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    I call ? . Yaya Toure, Gervhino, and all the other West African soccer players were just in Africa and theyre back in Europe, and they're fine.

?

Why wouldn't they be fine? The majority of people in west Africa are Ebola free.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    League of assassins have landed in Dallas
    tumblr_m3brbbma851qiz7f9o2_500.gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    My uncle had been plannin on movin back home for years. Built a house out there n everything. He was over there for about a month then this ? popped off. He had to come back.

I mean i hope he doin ok but im not goin to see him or anything.
  • bgoat
    S2J wrote: »
    My uncle had been plannin on movin back home for years. Built a house out there n everything. He was over there for about a month then this ? popped off. He had to come back.

I mean i hope he doin ok but im not goin to see him or anything.

LOL.. Just give it some time, a couple of weeks to a month and you should be good.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was thinking bout going to the State Fair of Texas this weekend. ? that ish
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zombie outbreak. Zombie kat before
    Jamel kills her
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how much exposure to ? fluids is needed to contract Ebola? Do you have to ingest them for instance, or would skin exposure do it? And,what period of time can an infected individual spread the disease before symptoms appear? Are there carriers of this disease who could infect others for a long period of time before symptoms appear?

I just got back home from Dallas less than a week ago. In other words, could I be dying right now as we speak?
    Kenshiro-You-are-already-dead.-New-Fist-of-the-North-Star-Vol.1-The-Cursed-City.jpg
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be out there the 24th, if the hoes and barbeque are infected I'm bringing Ebola to Boston
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas Ebola case: 50 under daily checks, 10 are high risk

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-dallas-20141003-story.html

Fifty people in Texas will be monitored daily for possible Ebola symptoms, including 10 who are considered at high risk because of their exposure to a patient now being treated for the deadly virus, public health officials said Friday.

The larger group includes healthcare workers and the ambulance team that brought the patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, where he has been in isolation and undergoing treatment since Sunday.