And the spinoffs a spinning: We all seek validation. Why is one way better/worse than another?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
dont come in here with that i dont need it ? . we all do in some way shape or form.

it can be from wanting your boss to notice you for the extra work
or from being light skinned with long hair

or it can be for the amount of chicks we banged out.

some people will say, ? mad insecure because they always braggin about the chick they slept with but then they get a new car and drive around the same block 8 times. Is that not the same thing? is that not seeking validation?

Chicks wearing tight dresses in highly concentrated areas like clubs, are they wearing it for them or the attention it draws? the validation.

instragram is full of validation seekers, as well as facebook and the IC picture thread.

So why is one better than the next?
why cant we admit to when we seek it?

what do you seek validation for? what would someone say you seek validation for, if someone asked a person close to you.

Comments

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People have insecurities and need their peers to gas them up.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn..calm your ass down.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Extremely open-ended thread is extremely open-ended.
    You've indeed gotten dizzy doing all these spin-offs. ^_^
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its biology. Women choose, men perform to get chosen. If a chick ? a million dudes its because she's not good enough to pick a good one. If a man ? a million girls, its because he can perform well and it more fit to reproduce.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrong spin-off.

Or was it?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are a social species so of course we want validation. But too much desire in anything is not good.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”
    ― Confucius
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have a few friends who gets on me for "bragging" about the things iv attained..

meanwhile they got their waves as their profile pic..
    or their abs..
    or they bad ass kids. hahaha

again.. i don't trip.. i jus find it odd when they trip on me..
    like I'm suppose to be ashamed that I'm that ? ??
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i need a nap

Lmao smh

cuba-gooding-jr-air-fighting-o.gif

Ngga tired himself out.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i said earlier, we all want to be known for our wit, our strengths, our intelligence, our sense of humor....we like to believe that our opinions matter and others can learn from them....

we all want to be interesting and desired....

when people make the comment they don't care what others think, it creates quite the paradox. because if they truly don't care ...why even make the comment?
    We are a social species so of course we want validation. But too much desire in anything is not good.

just don't let it dominate your thoughts and actions....
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Long term repercussions
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude got 1 plat thread than made 30 spinoffs lol
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all like to feel special, I personally believe its more of an american culture thing.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i need a nap

fGU0Eor.gif
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone likes their ego stroked at times regardless of what they say.

People like to be complimented and get positive reinforcements for a job well done, feats that are seldom accomplished, and when they go extra mile with certain things.

Some like it more than others, but everyone seeks validation in some way doesn't matter who they are or what walk of life they come from.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    despite what some people say, i respect your threads, pralims. are you into philosophy at all? @pralims
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    despite what some people say, i respect your threads, pralims. are you into philosophy at all? @pralims

nope.

why you say that?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »

nope.

why you say that?

because there's a name for how you go about making your threads. its called deductive dialectical reasoning. simply put its an ancient practice of philosophy that tries to break down commonly held beliefs or sayings held to be true by society to dissect whether one individual beliefs truly support that saying or it contradicts.

its a line of thinking that made Socrates & Plato famous in their own times. Its encouraged in my school of metaphysical practice that's rooted in the revelations of the 2 philosophers previously mentioned, and from other philosophers in antiquity.

I say this because you might just have a hidden propensity towards philosophy that as of yet has not been explored. props though, because it takes a person cut from a certain cloth to even want to go down that road, especially without educational coercion. props brother.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”
    ― Confucius

/thread
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do not believe i seek validation for anything. Could be wrong though. too high to care.
  • topoftheworld
    topoftheworld Members Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i said earlier, we all want to be known for our wit, our strengths, our intelligence, our sense of humor....we like to believe that our opinions matter and others can learn from them....

we all want to be interesting and desired....

when people make the comment they don't care what others think, it creates quite the paradox. because if they truly don't care ...why even make the comment?

just don't let it dominate your thoughts and actions....

@DWO‌ never fails. your genius creeps in and puts us all in the sleeper hold. can't fight it. good stuff. love it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humans are social animals. We seek validation constantly, it's how we all participate in our given societies and communities.

Of course most of us will say we don't because we believe it's weak but in reality it's how we survive.

As we have evolved our methods to seek validation or approval have as well. Well evolved is one way of putting it...became bastardized is another way.