And the spinoffs a spinning: We all seek validation. Why is one way better/worse than another?

2»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroe wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    despite what some people say, i respect your threads, pralims. are you into philosophy at all? @pralims

nope.

why you say that?

because there's a name for how you go about making your threads. its called deductive dialectical reasoning. simply put its an ancient practice of philosophy that tries to break down commonly held beliefs or sayings held to be true by society to dissect whether one individual beliefs truly support that saying or it contradicts.

its a line of thinking that made Socrates & Plato famous in their own times. Its encouraged in my school of metaphysical practice that's rooted in the revelations of the 2 philosophers previously mentioned, and from other philosophers in antiquity.

I say this because you might just have a hidden propensity towards philosophy that as of yet has not been explored. props though, because it takes a person cut from a certain cloth to even want to go down that road, especially without educational coercion. props brother.

i think i know where your going with this.

i do ask alot of questions not because i dont know the answer but to see how others think and process their reality into the proposed question. I like to see others views and learn from it to better myself. it helps me paint a bigger picture by taking multiple points and seeing different angles to produce a 360 degree image.

to see a complete battlefield gives you advantage over someone who only sees it one way.

i never thought about philosophy...but let me look into it

thanks bruh
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    despite what some people say, i respect your threads, pralims. are you into philosophy at all? @pralims

nope.

why you say that?

because there's a name for how you go about making your threads. its called deductive dialectical reasoning. simply put its an ancient practice of philosophy that tries to break down commonly held beliefs or sayings held to be true by society to dissect whether one individual beliefs truly support that saying or it contradicts.

its a line of thinking that made Socrates & Plato famous in their own times. Its encouraged in my school of metaphysical practice that's rooted in the revelations of the 2 philosophers previously mentioned, and from other philosophers in antiquity.

I say this because you might just have a hidden propensity towards philosophy that as of yet has not been explored. props though, because it takes a person cut from a certain cloth to even want to go down that road, especially without educational coercion. props brother.

i think i know where your going with this.

i do ask alot of questions not because i dont know the answer but to see how others think and process their reality into the proposed question. I like to see others views and learn from it to better myself. it helps me paint a bigger picture by taking multiple points and seeing different angles to produce a 360 degree image.

to see a complete battlefield gives you advantage over someone who only sees it one way.

i never thought about philosophy...but let me look into it

thanks bruh

you sure are a wise one! i couldnt have put it better. im glad to see this.