If Tupac lived and thrived as a movie star, what roles could you see him doing?

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
i been into Alternate History "What If?" ? lately so i've been giving this a lot of thought

Pac IMHO was ready to fall back from music and go heavy into acting, basically like Cube did. Thing is, we all know Pac was a superior actor to Cube. And LL. Hell, Pac was better than Will Smith was at the time of his death. He had great range - comedy, action, drama. Gridlock'd proved he had Oscar caliber talent.

We know that George Lucas wanted him for Mace Windu.

Singleton wanting him in Baby Boy instead of Tyrese is also well known.

So what other roles could you see Pac doing? Some of the ideas I had:

Belly - instead of Nas? Jesus Christ, yes please lol ? . Could you imagine how much this alone would improve the film? ? around and add another 2 whole points to its IMDB score.

Training Day - in Ethan Hawke's role, so both him and Denzel would be "playing against type". Making it 2 black cops would add another interesting racial layer to the story

Any Given Sunday - I can picture him killing that monologue where ? Beaman rants at Pacino about the plight of Black QBs. Pac was the same height as Jamie Foxx btw

25th Hour - just because its looking like that was the last great Spike Lee Joint smfh

Face Off 2 - with him and Will Smith. Lol i'm straight dreamin here but wouldn't that be some ? ?

any Fast and Furious

Some kind of great black historical figure in a biopic......Lumumba perhaps?

Matrix - Neo's role doesn't ask for much.....I think he'd understand this better than Will would at the time

Django - no explanation needed

Trying to think of a comic book film but I'm drawing a blank.

Comments