edited May 2010
    Options
    I gotta cosign MacOne in this debate.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you apply the logic of this thread to the fallibility of the Bible. The main point of this thread is that you cannot logically prove anything to be non-existent in the universe. Basic logic and reasoning can always cast doubts on attempts to concretely prove something does not exist or did not happen. This is why, in criminal trials, the defendant is found "Guilty" or "Not Guilty", but cannot be found "Innocent". "Not Guilty" means not proven guilty, but no one can be proven innocent because it would be impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you didn't commit any crime.

With that said, you're switching over to a discussion of the Bible being flawed, but your reasoning doesn't make sense. You're claiming because it was written by man, and not ? , it is definitely flawed because man cannot write an infallible book. Your premise is based on the teachings of the Bible, though. While we understand, from a biological and medical approach, that no man is omnipotent, the assertion that no man can write a Holy Book without flaws in it is 1) an idea you got from Biblical teachings and 2) dependent upon a universal standards for what is correct and what is a flaw. In other word's a standard set by ? . Come to think of it, it's further dependent upon believing in the existence of an infallible ? , because otherwise the "flaws" that are in the Bible are a moot point because it's all fiction anyway. That would be like reading Harry Potter and saying "I don't think this is a completely accurate account of what happened".

to this i say, in order to change an idea, you must work within the idea or the idea posessers mindset. in other words, be actively subversive.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    to this i say, in order to change an idea, you must work within the idea or the idea posessers mindset. in other words, be actively subversive.

Not sure what you're getting at. Please elaborate.