Lil' Kim/Ray J throw shots @ Nicki Minaj..Aubrey(Drake) & Nicki respond..

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason

Comments

• Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I don't give a ? about female rappers or r&b singers. Shouts out to real ? /pretty boys/rich boys nh. BASED
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I don't give a ? about female rappers or r&b singers. Shouts out to real ? /pretty boys/rich boys nh. BASED

ROFL you a ? ass ?
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Lil Kim hasn't been relevant for quite some time. But she has still reached a level that Nicki Minaj will most likely NEVER reach.

And Drake is a ? . Why can't Nicki Minaj speak for herself?
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    O shid
    Im rolling with Lil Kim/Ray J on this one
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2010
    Didnt Nicki Minaj and Lil Kim just do a song together on Birdman last album?
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ROFL you a ? ass ?

Nay...........
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Didnt Nicki Minaj and Lil Kim just do a song together on Birdman last album?

nope, they were not on his album
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Drake is out of his league. Drake and Nikki should of just shut the hell up and let it be. Everyone know Nikki is just a Lil Kim Clone, biting her style. Drake is just trying to stick up for his label mate, I understand it but Lil Kim rolls with THE GOATS. Drake, Jay was a guest apperence on your 1st album. Well Lil Kim featured Jay as a guest apperence on her 1st album BEFORE HE BLEW UP. And now she's on his label. Again, Drake you are out of your league. Someone tell this guy to fall back before his career is over before it started. Lil Kim getting her swag back, she about to remind these chicks who the Queen is, LOL.

lil-kim-biggie-puffy000x0321x400.jpeg

lilkim.jpg
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    meh... i think ppl reaching w/ the lil kim statements. she said she respect u if u respect her & if u dont respect her then ? u. the media tried to pit the 2 against each other & she said shes above that. i think the general public taking this to another levell cuz we all know controversy goes further than dope lyrics n good music. As for Nicki Minaj & Drake, i wont deny that kim was throwin bait out there (wat rapper dont?) but those 2 prolly see it as something to gain from especially drake. still a stupid move on nicki's part. theres nothing nicki can say to kim, ? like lebron tryna diss jordan. why risk something important for something that isn't ? smh

smh @ ? sayin kim fell off or isnt relevant. as if not being relevant at that moment has anything to do w/ the success kim has achieved. to date no female rapper (except maybe Queen Latifah) has touched Lil' Kim status. maaann thats wat i hate about the young generation of hiphop fans. there quick to praise the nicki minaj's & lil waynes but are ignorant to the lil kims & biggies that these new artists (like nicki & wayne) are fans of & try so hard to emulate.

That's because she has. Being relevant NOW has nothing to do with past success.

When was the last time Kim had a top 40 hit? When was the last time she had an album be certified?

The last time Kim was on anyone's radar was in 2003 when she released La Bella Mafia...7 years ago.

If you was poppin' when I was a sophomore in high school, and you're not poppin now...that constitutes as falling off.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    How pussyfoot drake going to say something about this when he clearly stated diss me and u won't get a reply now he riding for this new school suckas i tell yaw and i'm not even old.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    meh... i think ppl reaching w/ the lil kim statements. she said she respect u if u respect her & if u dont respect her then ? u, nicki aint ever publicly dissed kim, she paid homage to her on picture spreads if i remember. the media tried to pit the 2 against each other & all kim said was that shes above that. i think the general public taking this to another level cuz we all know the media looooves controversy - word to 50 cent. As for Nicki Minaj & Drake, i wont deny that kim was throwin bait out there (wat rapper dont?) but those 2 prolly see it as something to gain from especially drake..

I concur, this is manufactured beef to sell albums. Its really a passing of the torch more than it is beef. Look @ who Nickis new manager is Diddy, that tells me enough. Cmon dont get sucked into the BS.
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2010

Yea they were it was a bonus track
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    How pussyfoot drake going to say something about this when he clearly stated diss me and u won't get a reply now he riding for this new school suckas i tell yaw and i'm not even old.

I'm thinkin Drake is ? whipped by Nikki. He be sending hints that he's feeling her all in his music. She probably let him hit once and he's sprung, LOL. Knaw seriously, Drake is starting to feel himself a little to much. He should not be dissing a Legend like Lil Kim who her and Ray J didn't even say no names. Everyone know damn well Nikki is straight Jackin Lil Kim steez, it's obvious as hell. Nikki better fall back, Lil Kim can get her diss on if she wants too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12E2fXXJEtY

Big Momma Thang (Original Version, Pac and Faith Diss)
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    rap is like wrestling my dukes, I can see the emtertainment value but at the end of the day it should be about putting out a dope album
  • Reggie80
    edited June 2010
    I'm thinkin Drake is ? whipped by Nikki. He be sending hints that he's feeling her all in his music. She probably let him hit once and he's sprung, LOL. Knaw seriously, Drake is starting to feel himself a little to much. He should not be dissing a Legend like Lil Kim who her and Ray J didn't even say no names. Everyone know damn well Nikki is straight Jackin Lil Kim steez, it's obvious as hell.

True but if a ? diss he ain't gon come back everyone know she taking her stee why do people get so upset at the truth.

I also agree with the diddy factor but when will cats learn dissing ain't going to get your album too sell fif ran that well dry.
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK655udPQbY

Song was underwhelming + Birdman was on it lol
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

I know right? Drake is a little ? and I think he is the posterboy for these little ? runnin around today. he only concerned with dissin women.
  • JohnApple
    JohnApple Members Posts: 300
    edited June 2010
    SHOTS FIRED! Drake Responds To Lil Kim's Jab at Nicki MINAJ!

http://www.hiphopstan.com/index.php?module=videoDetail&id=7289
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    does that discredit lil kim's success ? does it make her a nobody ? does it mean that the new generation of hiphop heads should dismiss her ? if i remember vividly even jay-z took a long ass hiatus from music & came back still droppin good music, Sade did the same thing, backstreet boys too & no one said they werent irrelevant. sales & chart successes dont really mean anything after a while. maybe if kim had like 1 or 2 albums sure we could say that. no artist has consistently year after year had singles in the top 40 unless they were constantly putting albums out over n over again.

kims last album i think got 5 mics in the source and still went gold. kim is a legend, u cant take that away from her. w/ respect to the women in hiphop Kim IS the blueprint. she took a hiatus b/c she can do that. if drake or nicki did that tomorrow the world would forget about them almost overnite.

No one is discrediting what Kim has accomplished. But to say she's still just as much relevant today, based on what she accomplished 10 years ago, is delusional.

Kim fell off. Period. The Naked Truth was not certified, and it barely cracked 375k in overall sales.

And with respect to women in hip-hop, Kim is NOT the blueprint. You're giving her WAY too much credit. The only thing that separated Kim from her contemporaries is that she was the only one talking about sucking ? and taking it up ass...and I'd hardly call that groundbreaking.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    does that discredit lil kim's success ? does it make her a nobody ? does it mean that the new generation of hiphop heads should dismiss her ? if i remember vividly even jay-z took a long ass hiatus from music & came back still droppin good music, Sade did the same thing, backstreet boys too & no one said they werent irrelevant. sales & chart successes dont really mean anything after a while. maybe if kim had like 1 or 2 albums sure we could say that. no artist has consistently year after year had singles in the top 40 unless they were constantly putting albums out over n over again.

kims last album i think got 5 mics in the source and still went gold. kim is a legend, u cant take that away from her. w/ respect to the women in hiphop Kim IS the blueprint. she took a hiatus b/c she can do that. if drake or nicki did that tomorrow the world would forget about them almost overnite.

Also to add to this, Nikki's having a career is proof of Lil Kim's influence already. You can't name a female emcee who consistantly went Platinum as much as Kim did besides Lauryn, Missy, Eve and Foxy. That's It. Kim is in the upper echleon of Femcees. Sure she hasn't had a hit album in years but she fell back, went to jail had some other issues. I think the Roc Nation project has a chance to go Gold which is a great for an artist who's debut came out 15 years ago. Again Nikki and Drake don't want it with Kim. They better fall back. I'm sure Hov is already puttin in the calls.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    No one is discrediting what Kim has accomplished. But to say she's still just as much relevant today, based on what she accomplished 10 years ago, is delusional.

Kim fell off. Period. The Naked Truth was not certified, and it barely cracked 375k in overall sales.

And with respect to women in hip-hop, Kim is NOT the blueprint. You're giving her WAY too much credit. The only thing that separated Kim from her contemporaries is that she was the only one talking about sucking ? and taking it up ass...and I'd hardly call that groundbreaking.

I wouldnt say Kim fell off, its just not her time anymore, and i disagree she is the blueprint not only for these female emcees but for R&B chicks as well, she made it cool to be a ? . Furthermore if someone has jacked your style which Nicki HAS your remain relevant.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    How is Lil Kim Irrelevant when she has CLONES already? Again Nikki and Drake should of just let it ride. LOL @a.
  • Reggie80
    edited June 2010
    I wouldnt say Kim fell off, its just not her time anymore, and i disagree she is the blueprint not only for these female emcees but for R&B chicks as well, she made it cool to be a ? . Furthermore if someone has jacked your style which Nicki HAS your remain relevant.

Now we know she jacked her style but the real issue is ? Drake nikki didn't even say ? I don't believe.Why is he going so hard for something a lame like Ray j said.Getting behind her dry ? her like a ? chump this dude is getting worse and worse!

"When the grass is cut the lames will show I gotta thank my ? hov for that line though"
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    are we forgetting that Foxy came out pretty much around the same time Kim did? And Nicki has acknowledged Foxy as an influence...so how is Kim the blueprint, when she had help?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited June 2010
    Now we know she jacked her style but the real issue is ? Drake nikki didn't even say ? I don't believe.Why is he going so hard for something a lame like Ray j said.Getting behind her dry ? her like a ? chump this dude is getting worse and worse!

"When the grass is cut the lames will show I gotta thank my ? hov for that line though"

True but thank me later is just around the corner, plus what better way to energize his female fan base by having Nicki's back, you see where im going?