Is GTA IV worth it ?

Options
One Spliff
One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in IllGaming
caught a glimpse of the case n thought hhmmm...im still yet to play it...

is it worth it ?

its the hightest rated game this gen...averaging a score of 98...

but then again they rated wack games like lbp, bioshock n fifa highly to...so i kno not to trust reviewers...

Comments

• One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bioshock and Fifa are both great games.

ye bioshock was cool...but it had a 94 rating n i heard alot of good things so i was expecting somethign epic....it was'nt of epic porportions tho...

fifia ?...lol...no.
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Eh gta got old real quick gta san andreas is much better, if i was you i would pass on it
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if you can get it for like 40 bucks or less used, go ahead, but san andreas was soooo much better
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    40? right now it shouldnt be more than 20. i bought it a year ago for 30 new and that was the special edition.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if you can get it for like 40 bucks or less used, go ahead, but san andreas was soooo much better

i already own the game...had it over a year...played it once online for a while...

i was'nt really gamign bk in the san andreas days...but i played it n jus got bored after awhile...the game was cool n everything, just cudnt get into it...
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Rent it, beat it, leave it at that.

It has almost noooooo replay value.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL @ LBP being rated too high, it's just not your type of game dude lol doesn't mean if it's rated high you're bound to like it. You probably think it's a kiddy game right? LBP isn't a breeze fly by, it's difficult. You cannot beat the game without playing with 4 people online. The replay value is high. But it's cool though...

Is GTA4 worth it? No.

It was the one of the first games I bought with my PS3 and it was pretty boring. I beat the game within like a month or so, I didn't play it much. After that all you really have is the free roam, which gets boring after about 15 minutes.

What kind of game are you looking to cop right now?
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hol up.. so what reviewers are u pplz goin by? Ign or gametrailers or somethin?
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    LOL @ LBP being rated too high, it's just not your type of game dude lol doesn't mean if it's rated high you're bound to like it. You probably think it's a kiddy game right? LBP isn't a breeze fly by, it's difficult. You cannot beat the game without playing with 4 people online. The replay value is high. But it's cool though...

Is GTA4 worth it? No.

It was the one of the first games I bought with my PS3 and it was pretty boring. I beat the game within like a month or so, I didn't play it much. After that all you really have is the free roam, which gets boring after about 15 minutes.

What kind of game are you looking to cop right now?

ye it aint my stye...but i dont have to play it to kno it aint worth such high ratings...imo that is....

what i dont get is how gta 4 can be the highest rated game of all time,yet everybody be hatin on it...lol....jus seems strange...

i jus stepped over to ign....and peeped the red dead gamer comments at random....first review i read was this...

9.8 review score is a bit overzealous,dont get me wrong its a great game and easily the best cowboy game ever made but its inferior to GTA4 in a lot of ways and lacks the little details of said game so dont go expecting a GTA beater but its a brilliant spin on the formula and should be in any self respecting gamers collection especially as GTA4 is still miles ahead of the competion when it comes too free roam open world titles

i kno its just 1 mans opinion...but i peeped soem of the gta user comments ...majority are positive...jus seems weird that it catches nuthin but hate in the arcade...

@shizza

im talkin averages....check sites liek metacritic, ign, gamestats...they take reviews from ALL sites/mags....and give u an average...apprently gta is goat game this gen based on metacritic...

metacritic is weighted average, cos soem reviews hold more weight that othesr...ign show a average of all reviews, as do gamestats..but gamestats also give u a averaged score based on reveiws and user reviews...
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Rent it, beat it, leave it at that.

It has almost noooooo replay value.

i already own the game...replay value does'tn matter...i never replay games anyway.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BoGT is better nh
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's worth a play through, the story is the best part.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    After GTA: San Andreas we expected more and better, and SA was some dope gaming for a GTA game. Then came 4. graphics are good. Storyline? Boring. It was simply boring. The missions were too bland, it was too easy. Almost same ol' same ol' type of thing. They needed to UP their storyline.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    After GTA: San Andreas we expected more and better, and SA was some dope gaming for a GTA game. Then came 4. graphics are good. Storyline? Boring. It was simply boring. The missions were too bland, it was too easy. Almost same ol' same ol' type of thing. They needed to UP their storyline.

props...i'll probably give it a miss.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i just picked up on it last week sometime and i kind of like it

i hear its not better than san andreas though, but its worth the play
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid were the first 2 reasons I copped a PS3. Although 4 is not better than San Andreas it was pretty cool when it first came out. I just recently copped the episodes of LC but have yet to play it due to Red Dead but from what I've seen it looks better than GTA IV also.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah what louis said. might as well just play the better looking. full 720P Episodes from liberty City
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ballad of ? Tony was pretty good, and Im a known GTA4 hater
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nope...Maybe the worst one in the series.
  • c.l.b.
    c.l.b. Members Posts: 24
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I always buy the new GTAs' once they come out but I have never beat any of them, I always lose interest in them quickly
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? y'all...

lately i bin havin a strange urge to play this game...

im goin in.

haters.