Anybody Got Any SOLUTIONS 2 This Fergusion Fiasco (Realistic or Otherwise) ???

Options
2»

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cameras is a great idea, but we are dealing with a system that will let a town get turned upside down to protect one man. I just don't see a camera being a deterrent. Eric Garner and that woman beat up on the side of the road in LA (I really need to remember her name) are both on video. And these police have yet to be reprimanded beyond paid leave. Rights violated on a massive scale all across the board in Ferguson and all on tape and viewed by thousands. The obvious racial discrepancy in Fergusons legal and political systems.

Great idea, but I don't trust the system to honor it.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adopt the British model:
    An Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO) is a British police officer who has received training, and is authorised, to carry and use firearms. The designation is significant because within the United Kingdom, most police officers do not routinely carry firearms. Members of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, however, do routinely carry firearms due to the increased risk of armed violence. The Ministry of Defence Police and the Civil Nuclear Constabulary also routinely carry firearms.

In the year 2010–2011, there were 6,653 Authorised Firearms Officers and 17,209 police operations throughout England and Wales in which the deployment of firearms was authorised.[1]

AFOs are often deployed in Armed Response Vehicles (ARV) or on static security duties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorised_Firearms_Officer

Make it mandatory for officers to have Tasers:

800px-M26_Taser.jpg
    m26c_hero_image.jpg
    m26c_ecd_range_graphic.png

Wake Forest University Study
    In 1,201 cases 99.75% people subjected to a TASER CEW had no significant injuries

http://www.taser.com/products/self-defense-products/taser-m26c

Ensure that the cops are equipped with multiple cameras:

http://www.wolfcomusa.com/wolfcom_vision_police_body_worn.html

http://www.digitalallyinc.com/personal-camera.html

http://www.digitalallyinc.com/HD-body-cam.html

str-le3.jpg
    The LE body worn camera used by over 4000 police agencies worldwide.

The LE3 is rugged, waterproof, and easy to use. The camera clips to a uniform to record both the actions of the wearer and those in its field of view. LE3 features include HD video resolution, 16GB internal memory and up to 12 hours of record time. The LE3 camera is powered by VIEVU’s VERIPATROL™ software system. Video evidence is securely stored and catalogued with a FIPS 140-2 compliant digital signature process, to verify the video has not been altered. Additionally, if the camera is lost or stolen, VIEVU’s VidLock security software will prevent unauthorized access to video evidence.

http://www.vievu.com/vievu-products/hardware/#le3

And for Civilian use:

App Features

The VIEVU smartphone app connects the VIEVU² camera to your iPhone or Android smartphone to stream live video, make settings changes on the VIEVU² camera and act as a viewfinder. It also has a built-in video editing feature to trim the video length. Video can easily be uploaded to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Email, or Texted directly from your smartphone – no computer required.

Cost=$349.00

This site has a variety of body cameras
    http://www.vievu.com/vievu-products/hardware/

If the VIEVU is too pricey, there's other options:

http://www.galls.com/cameras

http://www.epiphanyeyewear.com/

This isn't guaranteed to make things better overnight (cops with extreme prejudices must be weeded out first), but it's a start.
  • kzzl
    Options
    However, I had no idea black people were so much of the majority in Ferguson.

In my honest opinion, they need to boycott non-black businesses. There's suppose to be a Black Out Monday or whatever, well, there's no point in doing that ? for one day. They need to peel back all black dollars and solely support black businesses and start new business for what they need to survive indefinitely. That town will be crippled as more than likely, they are the main consumers.

The main problem with this is setting up new businesses IMO. Getting funding, business loans and certs, licenses needed for property and operating. Certificates and all like that. I don't THINK it's that hard to get a franchise going or too expensive for a neighborhood to front. Grocery and department store. It's gonna take inconviences and some crawling, but I think it's do able.

Hell, even if folks just don't spend they money in the city they'll get some attention. White people hate being broke, they ? themselves over that ? . It'll give places like Ferguson a leg to stand on when going to the table with the city to get ? worked out.

I was figuring this out as I typed, so take all this with a grain of salt.
  • kzzl
    edited August 2014
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    "The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Sadly this is true. If we didnt have so many house ? we'd be further than we are. But the Don Lemon's and Clarence THomas' of the world...

Which is my OTHER idea.

5. A WELL REGULATED MILITIA If those little ? wanna be tough and act hard give them some purpose. If you unemployed and dont have ? else to do out of HIgh School have them get with the old heads and form "groups," "divisions" or whatever you want to call it and do some community policing.

There wasn't a murder in that town that whole year so I know the banging cant be THAT bad if no bodies are dropping. Give them dudes a sense of purpose and pride. And its their Constitutional Right too.

Community policing. Walking up and down the street (armed) somebody doing some ? ? . They'll listen to you most likely instead of some cop they dont respect.

Probably pie in the sky though. But I believe a sense of community will work. Especially if it means you get to police yourself.

I co-sign this heavily and it is probably the easiest for us to do right now IMO.

First you get trainers. Former or current military trained people. They teach proper firing techniques and gun safety and a code of conduct. Get you a field in the boondocks, find some guy with a dumb truck to dump a huge pile of sand or find a natural barrier, put up some targets, and have at it. Or hell everybody just get a membership at a shooting range. Get some people who are trained in forms of hand to hand combat, they got MMA gyms all over the place. Require reading and instill a code of conduct. And have these guys in the neighborhoods being active and earning the trust of they people.

Call it a milita, call it a social club, whatever.

The only hard part is getting folks to sign up and finding people who can own/be around firearms. But there are militia groups all over the country all ready. THIS can be done.
  • kzzl
    edited August 2014
    Options
    One thing about Boycotting... well... first, every year of the Essence Fest in the NO, Poydra's turns into this little mini-market. You got a parking lot of people, black people, selling all kinds of dinners. Clothing accessories, clothes, music, paintings, decorations, and ... the ? is basically a little bazaar.

Imagine if we can get meats, fruits, and vegetables to sell in the same way every day in addition to that. ? , people sell food on side the road all the time, right?

You know what, ? a franchise. We buy in bulk and set up shop, bruh. I mean, we wouldn't have everything obviously... but... ? , that ? sounds legit as ? to me.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    full blown race war even if they wipe us out it will be better than living and constantly being oppressed.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Cameras is a great idea, but we are dealing with a system that will let a town get turned upside down to protect one man.
    you have to go a little further than cameras alone; take San Diego, for example: there's ways to get around them. but there's no reason for any PD to not have cameras because of "costs" while turning said PD into Ferguson's private army.
    cobbland wrote: »
    Adopt the British model:
    An Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO) is a British police officer who has received training, and is authorised, to carry and use firearms. The designation is significant because within the United Kingdom, most police officers do not routinely carry firearms. Members of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, however, do routinely carry firearms due to the increased risk of armed violence. The Ministry of Defence Police and the Civil Nuclear Constabulary also routinely carry firearms.
    if the concept is "take away their guns," i have bolded the reason why this argument is ? .
    kzzl wrote: »
    I co-sign this heavily and it is probably the easiest for us to do right now IMO.

First you get trainers. Former or current military trained people. They teach proper firing techniques and gun safety and a code of conduct. Get you a field in the boondocks, find some guy with a dumb truck to dump a huge pile of sand or find a natural barrier, put up some targets, and have at it. Or hell everybody just get a membership at a shooting range. Get some people who are trained in forms of hand to hand combat, they got MMA gyms all over the place. Require reading and instill a code of conduct. And have these guys in the neighborhoods being active and earning the trust of they people.

Call it a milita, call it a social club, whatever.

The only hard part is getting folks to sign up and finding people who can own/be around firearms. But there are militia groups all over the country all ready. THIS can be done.
    it would also help to get politicians to stop attempting to restrict all those arms you're talking about
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    this 1st issue that needs to be fixed is being a police officer as a profession..........that whole job from recruitment, selection, training, and discipline needs to be revamped...........the culture itself needs to be changed

that starts with redefining what the role of a police officer is supposed to be vs. being a soldier or a PMC.........the 1st step should be demilitarization of the police and make it a nationwide supported phenomenon of "community-based" policing

once that happens, we can fix the other 4 job related issues I mentioned earlier that specifically create the current dynamic

second minorities (specifically the black community) need to take responsibility for our own destiny.......these riots should be a wake-up call to all of us that we need to take it to the next level

we can't just go back to the status quo once these protests are done in Ferguson.....there needs to be a new sense in solidarity where we challenge ourselves to build our communities from within..........it starts with our children and making sure we are giving them the basics, and even more important setting the examples ourselves for them

we should challenge each other on whether we have done enough to edify and support our fellow black folks......we should have a drive to only spend/invest our money with black businesses as much as possible......and black business owners should be expected to give the best services and goods to their black customers

we shouldn't support athletes and prominent celebrities who don't unequivocally take a stand in support of black issues.......we also should be actively supporting our black folks caught up in the prison/court system to ensure we lower recidivism and that they aren't put in situations where they have to rely on public defenders..........even black gangmembers should be questioned on what they are doing to contribute to our community...........

there is literally so much that could be done to fix this issue but it basically starts with changing the police status quo and solidarity within the black community
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    And once everything's on camera and MFs actually see the cops abusing their authority, MFs need to stop capin' for them with that "only human" ? and prosecute those ? ? .

They need to be sentenced proportionately more harshly than non-cops for abusing their authority.

white people will still find some way to justify it as long as the person is black
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Government should not exist as it currently does.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this 1st issue that needs to be fixed is being a police officer as a profession..........that whole job from recruitment, selection, training, and discipline needs to be revamped...........the culture itself needs to be changed

that starts with redefining what the role of a police officer is supposed to be vs. being a soldier or a PMC.........the 1st step should be demilitarization of the police and make it a nationwide supported phenomenon of "community-based" policing

once that happens, we can fix the other 4 job related issues I mentioned earlier that specifically create the current dynamic

second minorities (specifically the black community) need to take responsibility for our own destiny.......these riots should be a wake-up call to all of us that we need to take it to the next level

we can't just go back to the status quo once these protests are done in Ferguson.....there needs to be a new sense in solidarity where we challenge ourselves to build our communities from within..........it starts with our children and making sure we are giving them the basics, and even more important setting the examples ourselves for them

we should challenge each other on whether we have done enough to edify and support our fellow black folks......we should have a drive to only spend/invest our money with black businesses as much as possible......and black business owners should be expected to give the best services and goods to their black customers

we shouldn't support athletes and prominent celebrities who don't unequivocally take a stand in support of black issues.......we also should be actively supporting our black folks caught up in the prison/court system to ensure we lower recidivism and that they aren't put in situations where they have to rely on public defenders..........even black gangmembers should be questioned on what they are doing to contribute to our community...........

there is literally so much that could be done to fix this issue but it basically starts with changing the police status quo and solidarity within the black community

Agreed.....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 2nd coming of Jesus Christ is the only solution and will be the only solution very soon. Amen.

"I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land." Joel 3:2

? says to Prepare war! It's the blood moon season! Therefore turn to The Lord with all your hearts! Turn to Him in repentance seeking forgiveness for your sins, for Jesus Christ is willing to pardon and mighty to save, even unto the uttermost those that come to Him by faith. Amen.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to think that the solution is as simple as sitting back and watching the fall of the American empire and the end of this capitalistic system but we probably need our own country or something. We can't get no love no matter where we go.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    full blown race war even if they wipe us out it will be better than living and constantly being oppressed.

I'm hearing this more and more, damn hope it doesn't come down to that. It seems like Darren Wilson is gonna get away with this ? somehow, this is taking way too long. It's not a good sign that a cop can shoot an unarmed teen who had his hands up 6 times in front of 8 witnesses and after 2 months, still not charged with a crime

? will be UGGGLLLY if Darren Wilson doesn't get charged at all
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    I'd like to think that the solution is as simple as sitting back and watching the fall of the American empire and the end of this capitalistic system but we probably need our own country or something. We can't get no love no matter where we go.

I know someone who moved to Ghana a year ago and he hasn't come back. It's an English speaking country that is decent in the motherland, you may wana research heading out there. I personally wanna retire in the Caribbean
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if the Police Officers followed the clear letter of the law he would have been arrested a long time ago. this is a clear violation of the 4th amendment that limits the amount of force that Law officers can use for stopping a person they believe is breaking law. I think shooting a man with 11 bullets for jaywalking qualifies for a clear violation of the 4th Amendment.

https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/US/490/490.US.386.87-6571.html

(c) The Fourth Amendment "reasonableness" inquiry is whether the officers' actions are "objectively reasonable" in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them, without regard to their underlying intent or motivation. The "reasonableness" of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, and its calculus must embody an allowance for the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation. Pp. 396-397