Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't believe there isn't a topic on this already. I know people are kinda tired of CoD games and FPS games in general. This one looks kinda dope though. Seems like they've made enough changes to the gameplay to make it a fresh experience. Then again, I say that as some who has only bought two CoD games ever, so I haven't been as oversaturated with them as some others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCnoeg_WOko

They basically just took a lot of stuff from Crysis 3, but I'm betting they will do a better job with that stuff.

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't care for the MP, but the campaign does look interesting.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks good on the video. I'm worried all them new mechanics will be annoying as ? . The most annoying players to play against on cod are those who jump around and spin in the air.

They also have cloaks which are wack and cheap as ? IMO.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing I liked about cod was going toe to toe with the enemies. Got boring when you could be killed from all different angles.

They made the maps so there was nowhere to move without some ? in a window above you shooting you.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, how good it will be depends on how everything is executed, but I like the fact they are trying something different. This will definitely be a different CoD experience one way or the other. That alone makes it worth a shot IMO.

The amount of new customization is dope too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-lQK7rcmYU
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    The thing I liked about cod was going toe to toe with the enemies. Got boring when you could be killed from all different angles.

They made the maps so there was nowhere to move without some ? in a window above you shooting you.

Well that is one thing that makes the new movement options dope. If you good with them, it should make it hard for people to just post up in difficult areas and pick you off. They will have to engage more.

I'm with you though. I prefer going toe to toe enemies. I hate when the game boils down to who can find the best vantage point to pick people off.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Already pre-ordered mine when I bought The Evil Within. Bout to pay that off tomorrow. Get them guns that comes with the preorder.