Ayo Jameis...Again?

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    At the end of the day, the media trying to paint James as a picture of "stupidity". That's all I'm gonna say.

bro lets not play the blame media game on this one, the ? IS stupid

I don't think he's doing all of this out of stupidity, he knows exactly what he's doing and doesn't care cause he knows he can get a away with. I wonder if he's gonna try and take that same mentality with him to the NFL and expect the same exact results for his antics that he's getting in Tallahassee.

But that is stupidity. He may be getting away with this ? , but it's all lowering his stock as far as NFL prospects goes. If his talent shines through, someone will pick him up, but his actions could mean the difference between being a top 10 pick and not being one. That's a difference of millions of dollars.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? been out for a week now with winston and just about 2 weeks with Gurley yet there is no money trail. I think Georgia is trying to preserve future death penalty status/bowl bans by knowing their season is over cfplayoff wise so proactively suspending Gurley to show the NCAA they were proactive.

Maybe a source will come out later but right now espn and crew milking this ? without the many sources they usually get by now when there are people leaking ? for money to espn/other media.

As far as Winston the ? is dumb/immature character wise but i heard the ? is smarter than he looks in the classroom. He took AP HS courses and had a near 4.0 gpa there. What hs star volunteers to take AP classes? As far as FSU he as a gpa just over 3 but who knows if hes actually still going hard like he was in high school lol he might have easy grades knowing FSU lol.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why they should pay these players. They make the NCAA BILLIONS, and get a "FREE EDUCATION". These dudes can't get a regular job because they are practicing, traveling, training, and then catching up on their school work. Ncaa selling tickets, Jerseys with these guys numbers, food, geting sponsorship deals in the hundred millions, but there is a problem if these boys make a couple thousand for themselves(most time their family). There will be no NCAA if they had to really look into it, because EVERY school has alumni that have given out money to players.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    This ? been out for a week now with winston and just about 2 weeks with Gurley yet there is no money trail. I think Georgia is trying to preserve future death penalty status/bowl bans by knowing their season is over cfplayoff wise so proactively suspending Gurley to show the NCAA they were proactive.

Maybe a source will come out later but right now espn and crew milking this ? without the many sources they usually get by now when there are people leaking ? for money to espn/other media.

As far as Winston the ? is dumb/immature character wise but i heard the ? is smarter than he looks in the classroom. He took AP HS courses and had a near 4.0 gpa there. What hs star volunteers to take AP classes? As far as FSU he as a gpa just over 3 but who knows if hes actually still going hard like he was in high school lol he might have easy grades knowing FSU lol.

Black excellence
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    This is why they should pay these players. They make the NCAA BILLIONS, and get a "FREE EDUCATION". These dudes can't get a regular job because they are practicing, traveling, training, and then catching up on their school work. Ncaa selling tickets, Jerseys with these guys numbers, food, geting sponsorship deals in the hundred millions, but there is a problem if these boys make a couple thousand for themselves(most time their family). There will be no NCAA if they had to really look into it, because EVERY school has alumni that have given out money to players.

On the flip side hundreds if not thousands of players get 60 70k all the way up to 6 figure jobs from boosters after they graduate. The one thing i will say is some of these college athletes need to be patient for a few years. I was broke through college and 2 years later im starting to save up get money and be able to get on my feet.

Now that said yes these kids are getting exposed but if there is going to be change players need to walk and protest games. Yes it will still hurt their future yes it will suck short term. But this ? will not change if the players all play. If players protest the NCAA and ? with TV and stadium revenue the NCAA will change. Until then its just a cute discussion media outlets keep cycling through over and over.

By far the debate is one sided on how corrupt the NCAA is and the NCAA gives no ? about Jay Bilas coming with that ether every 3 months on espn. Because at the end of the day the fans still show up and the players still play without a stipend.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the flip side hundreds if not thousands of players get 60 70k all the way up to 6 figure jobs from boosters after they graduate. The one thing i will say is some of these college athletes need to be patient for a few years. I was broke through college and 2 years later im starting to save up get money and be able to get on my feet.

Now that said yes these kids are getting exposed but if there is going to be change players need to walk and protest games. Yes it will still hurt their future yes it will suck short term. But this ? will not change if the players all play. If players protest the NCAA and ? with TV and stadium revenue the NCAA will change. Until then its just a cute discussion media outlets keep cycling through over and over.

By far the debate is one sided on how corrupt the NCAA is and the NCAA gives no ? about Jay Bilas coming with that ether every 3 months on espn. Because at the end of the day the fans still show up and the players still play without a stipend.

Thousands of players don't.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ death penalty status. The NCAA will probably never do that again.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Thousands of players don't.

I'm talking over the years not thousands have gotten pretty decent jobs due to boosters/sports connections. My dads old boss was a D-1 Athlete for basketball and he would talk to my dad about that ? .
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The NCAA dont owe them ? ? .

Its not the NCAA's fault or problem that College Football far and remains the best and most liked showcase for football next to the pros. In essence saying the NCAA should pay them is saying that the NCAA should be penalized for having the audacity to have fans and supporters. Between all the semi pro leagues all around the nation, hell around the world....I have no sympathy for these dude because they didnt HAVE to go to college .

And if they're really at school for an education, then they really got nothing to ? about.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the end of the day, the media trying to paint James as a picture of "stupidity". That's all I'm gonna say.

I'm not saying the media is jumping on anything to do with him like a dog on a bone, but that dude is the one that keeps giving them fuel for the fire.

Ok, "? her right in the ? " was like 3-4 weeks ago. What fuel is it that he keeps giving them to be in the news every Saturday?
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? need to stop watching so much ESPN. They're brainwashing y'all ? .
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Y'all ? need to stop watching so much ESPN. They're brainwashing y'all ? .

superman_batman_apocalypse_superman_flying.gif