The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2014-2015 NBA GM survey

Which team will win the 2015 NBA Finals?
    1. San Antonio -- 46.2%
    2. Cleveland -- 15.4%
    3. Chicago -- 11.5%
    L.A. Clippers -- 11.5%
    Oklahoma City -- 11.5%
    6. Golden State -- 3.8%

Which team will win the Eastern Conference finals?
    1. Cleveland -- 70.4%
    2. Chicago -- 25.9%
    3. Washington -- 3.7%

Which team will win the Western Conference finals?
    1. San Antonio -- 55.6%
    2. Oklahoma City -- 29.6%
    3. L.A. Clippers -- 11.1%
    4. Golden State -- 3.7%

Which team will win the Atlantic Division?
    1. Toronto -- 76.9%
    2. Brooklyn -- 19.2%
    3. New York -- 3.8%

Which team will win the Central Division?
    1. Cleveland -- 60.7%
    2. Chicago -- 39.3%

Which team will win the Southeast Division?
    1. Washington -- 59.3%
    2. Miami -- 29.6%
    3. Atlanta -- 7.4%
    4. Charlotte -- 3.7%

Which team will win the Northwest Division?
    1. Oklahoma City -- 92.9%
    2. Portland -- 7.1%

Which team will win the Pacific Division?
    1. L.A. Clippers -- 81.5%
    2. Golden State -- 18.5%

Which team will win the Southwest Division?
    1. San Antonio -- 96.4%
    2. Houston -- 3.6%

Who will win the 2014-15 MVP?
    1. LeBron James, Cleveland -- 67.9%
    2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 21.4%

If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?
    1. LeBron James, Cleveland -- 50.0%
    2. Anthony Davis, New Orleans -- 25.0%
    Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 25.0%

Which player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2014-15?
    1. Anthony Davis, New Orleans -- 29.6%
    2. Bradley Beal, Washington -- 14.8%
    3. Andre Drummond, Detroit -- 11.1%
    Klay Thompson, Golden State -- 11.1%
    5. Kenneth Faried, Denver -- 7.4%

Who is the best point guard in the NBA?
    1. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 71.4%
    2. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City -- 10.7%
    3. Tony Parker, San Antonio -- 7.1%

Who is the best power forward in the NBA?
    1. LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland -- 25.0%
    Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers -- 25.0%
    3. Anthony Davis, New Orleans -- 21.4%
    4. LeBron James, Cleveland -- 10.7%
    5. Kevin Love, Cleveland -- 7.1%

Who is the best center in the NBA?
    1. Dwight Howard, Houston -- 42.9%
    2. Marc Gasol, Memphis -- 25.0%
    3. Joakim Noah, Chicago -- 17.9%
    4. Tim Duncan, San Antonio -- 10.7%
    5. Anthony Davis, New Orleans -- 3.6%

Bruh..
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD definitely will be the beat pf in the game. Boogie and Drummond will be coming for that 5 spot as well and are both on their way to being better than Howard.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and i'd definitely put Kwahi ahead of Lebron as best perimter defender, only bc Kwahi has less responsibilities on offense so he can exert more energy
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Kobe said, they're idiots
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam Silver needs to restore that Center spot back to the All Star game. Too many good centers now for them to not get there just due.

A lot of really great centers didn't make that GM survey. That's saying something.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda surprised they voted against, early reports made it seem like a landslide

Sam Hinkie somewhere doing the Tiger Woods fist pump
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill Simmons calls the Wizards ‘America’s Team’

Good news, Wizards fans. You’re supporting America’s Team now. Bill Simmons declared it so, in his NBA League Pass rankings with Grantland writer Zach Lowe.

That seems fun, I guess? Hop on the bandwagon, everyone! There’s plenty of room.

Here’s what Simmons and Lowe wrote:

America’s Team
    Simmons: A.k.a. the 2015 Washington Professional Basketball Team! Guys, you had me at hello. You didn’t have to go and sign Paul Pierce. You had me at hello.

Lowe: I do not endorse this nickname. I do endorse John Wall fast breaks, Bradley Beal stretching his game, Nene’s passing and angry dunks, everything about Marcin Gortat, and Paul Pierce already getting four guys suspended and nearly smushing poor Tom Thibodeau in a Pierce–Joakim Noah sandwich. DeJuan Blair and Kris Humphries were sneaky good signings, and Professor Miller, PhD, is still holding office hours down in the low post for all you suckas. Maybe this team should be higher?

Washington earned 66 points from Simmons and Lowe. You can find an explanation of their ranking system here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/10/22/bill-simmons-calls-the-wizards-americas-team/
  • Max.
    In suprised SAC aint vote no..the bulls get our 1st round pick soon
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Love was wide the ? open and been stroking the 3....Kyrie was determined to shoot that ball to prove a point and make sure the box score states that he didn't get sonned by Rose ( which he did)....between Waiters and Kyries tunnel visions gotta get mine attitude, the Scabs will implode at the 1st sign of adversity or a few consecutive losses

Yeah, 0 for 5 in that game is really "stroking" the 3.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Oh and i'd definitely put Kwahi ahead of Lebron as best perimter defender, only bc Kwahi has less responsibilities on offense so he can exert more energy

? there's 20 players they could have put ahead of LeBron
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Lol Love was wide the ? open and been stroking the 3....Kyrie was determined to shoot that ball to prove a point and make sure the box score states that he didn't get sonned by Rose ( which he did)....between Waiters and Kyries tunnel visions gotta get mine attitude, the Scabs will implode at the 1st sign of adversity or a few consecutive losses

Yeah, 0 for 5 in that game is really "stroking" the 3.

I didn't mean in that particular idiot... Plus shooters are posed to shoot themselves out of a funk....Kyrie made a bad decision as pg period
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    1CK1S wrote: »

Idea was stupid as ? to begin with ... kneejerk reaction ... at least these GM's came to their senses late
    The proposed reform would have flattened out the odds throughout the lottery, a change Thunder GM Sam Presti argued would be another obstacle for small-market clubs who already struggle to attract top talent via free agency or in trades.

Presti Built That Whole Team Thru Getting High Picks Cos They Sucked ... He Knew Better
  • Max.
    Lol @ willis reed breaking crackers jaws back in the day
    (Vid on workdstar)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I thought the lottery reform was a good idea.They need to balance it out the 4 worst teams should have a higher chance(but all equal odds) of gettin the top pick.Everybody else should have equal odds so teams who blatantly tank don't get rewarded.If you're trash then make moves to improve your team thru trades,free agency+ scout and draft better.

Presti Built That Whole Team Thru Getting High Picks Cos They Sucked ... He Knew Better

And after durant and russ bounce summer 16 and 17 they gonna need the lottery again
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is even worthy of tanking for this year? I don't watch too much ncaa ball. Only big name that i really know is the kid from Chicago.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's another cat from kentucky I think his name towns and that african cat I can't remember his name either he like a 6'5 pg samueal mudaay somethin like that
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about that Sam kid. He is the one that dropped out of his scholarship to the greatest school in america. SMU. For that i hope he gets bit in the ass by a rabid lion.
  • Kame
    He's supposedly balling in China though, haven't kept up but his first couple of games went well for him
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reason why there is so much doubt surrounding Kobe?

Sure he's slower, not as athletic etc but that's natural. Other than age he hasn't shown a decline that warrants all of this criticism he's been getting.

Every incident on the court has been blown up because the ? is ancient in NBA years but he's still showing he can compete at an elite level.
    a dead finger, age, a bad knee and raw achilles is very much concern for an old vet.
    all nba all stars who retire, quit because their body ends em not their skill level.
  • Kame
    edited October 2014
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the lottery reform was a good idea.They need to balance it out the 4 worst teams should have a higher chance(but all equal odds) of gettin the top pick.Everybody else should have equal odds so teams who blatantly tank don't get rewarded.If you're trash then make moves to improve your team thru trades,free agency+ scout and draft better.

And after durant and russ bounce summer 16 and 17 they gonna need the lottery again

? who knows ... All I know is the proposition was dumb and the smart GMs across the leauge (RC Buford,Gar/Pax,Riley, Presti...etc etc) convinced their owners that the ? was an overreaction ...that's all I really need to know about the ?
  • Kame
    edited October 2014
    I think they voted it down cause they still want to do more research on it, which makes sense. They don't want to see unintended consequences with the changes