"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."-Hosea 4:6, Enter in order to not be destroyed. Amen

2»

Comments

• vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    THE book of Revelation contains expressions that are not to be understood literally. (Revelation 1:1) For example, it mentions a woman with the name “Babylon the Great” written on her forehead. This woman is said to be sitting on “crowds and nations.” (Revelation 17:1, 5. "On her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth.” , 15. He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues." ) Since no literal woman could do this, Babylon the Great must be symbolic. So, what does this symbolic harlot represent?

At Revelation 17:18, the same figurative woman is described as “the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” The term “city” indicates an organized group of people. Since this “great city” has control over “the kings of the earth,” the woman named Babylon the Great must be an influential organization that is international in scope. It can rightly be called a world empire. What kind of empire? A religious one.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babylon is a physical place but it's not just a physical place and it does not take much discernment to figure out when the bible is being literal and when it's not. religions are international in scope and in today's world the only religion that oppresses ? 's people is islam and islam is headquartered in mecca. and if you keep reading the bible it says that ? will destroy certain nations on THE DAY OF THE LORD and every single one of the nations listed are today Islamic.
  • vitoria
    edited October 2014

For more emphasis and needed detail

Consider how the Bible book of Revelation describes false religion. It is portrayed as a drunken prostitute who has power over many kingdoms and their peoples. This figurative woman commits fornication with many kings and is ? with the blood of ? ’s true worshippers. (Revelation 17:1, 2, 6, 18) She has a name written on her forehead that matches her filthy and repulsive conduct. The name is “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.”—Revelation 17:5.

The Scriptural description of Babylon the Great fits the world’s collective body of false religion. Although the thousands of religions are not formally united as one world organization, they are inseparably joined in purpose and deed. As depicted by the immoral woman in Revelation, false religion has tremendous influence over governments. Resembling a woman not faithful to her marriage vows, false religion has prostituted herself by forming alliances with one political power after another. “Adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with ? ?” wrote the disciple James. “Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of ? .”—James 4:4.

This mixing of false religion with the governments has resulted in much human suffering. African political analyst Dr. Xolela Mangcu observed that “world history is littered with examples of mass killings caused by linking religion and politics.” One newspaper recently stated: “The bloodiest and most dangerous disputes today . . . are wrapped in religion.” The lives of millions have been snuffed out in religiously supported conflicts. Babylon the Great has even persecuted and killed ? ’s true servants, becoming ? with their blood, as it were.—Revelation 18:24

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Sigh...always thinking according to your own understanding...no wonder you remain ignorant.

The 70 years is based upon Israel and America.

Lol @ the blood moons being debunked!

Whammy

What 70 YEARS??? YOU said AMERICA would rule the entire world for 70 years this rule ending between 2014-2018 with america being destroyed. but america has not ruled the world for 70 years, 70 years ago the world was divided between russia and america with both nation having about equal influence in the world, between the two no one nation had excessive influence of the world. the way things are looking the world is becoming more level of a playing field so in the next 100 years or so america won't even be the only super power on earth you don't know what you are talking about.

it's not my understanding it's simple reading ability read the bible and stop putting your own feelings into what is written while your at it you might also want to read a history book.

If you think Russia ruled the world with America since 1945, I got some beach front property in Nepal I want to show you!

My goodness! There wasn't even a Russia in 1945. It was the USSR and they were always 2nd fiddle when it came to the USA.

I'm here to help so here you go

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-russia-and-vs-soviet-union/

Get your facts str8 before you come spotting off. Whoops I forgot who I'm speaking to.

The leader of dissension, quarrels, strifes, and contentions .

Help him King Jesus. Only you can soften His heart and remove the spirit of argument from him. Amen!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    America greatly supports Christians and Jews and attacks Islam and any other form of different religions. So how it can be Bablyon the Great? It has a large amount of atrocities, but it would be years before anything like this happens because the Middle East has to become a great and powerful land once more. Which should happen when American wanes and the EU falls apart.

He probably means from a moral standpoint, like many Christians say lately. America supporting ? marriage in 60% of states now and chicks like Miley Cyrus are one reason America is "Babylon" to him

I bet its the only reasons and not like for instance slavery or Jim Crow would even venture in their minds or stealing the natives land murdering,but since they were not all Christians prior they had it coming because the Great Lord is steaming with anger. Pretty sad that there are plenty of people who feel this way, but dont think of any other atrocities are bad because the people didnt believe in their deity.

LOL I know right. American Christians back in the day did WORSE then allow ? marriage and propped up video hoes. They committed GENOCIDE and treated Blacks like property and killed over a million through the slave voyages alone and yet only now America is supposed to suffer eternal destruction because of "morality" lol, I always ask these kinds of Christians, why didn't ? destroy America in the 1800s then? It's not like America was moral back then either.

Because the countdown didn't start in the 1800's.

The 70 year world wide rule of America didn't start till between 1945 and 1948.

Thus once the 70 years are up, ? will execute judgement.

The window closes between 2015-2018.

And it's not a coincidence that the blood moons are conveniently happening during this season as well.

Amen.

LOL, so ? has to wait a full 70 years to do something? What the hell kind of ? is that? Why does the formulation of a blood moon make a difference, is the Bible ? autistic or something?

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Judgment is the Lords strange work! ? doesn't want to judge! He wants to save! Thus ? is patient! He wants you to be saved! He wants everybody to be saved! Therefore He patiently waits until the cup of judgment is full! And when it is full, He acts. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an Isiah book from the 700s or just the ones from the 200 BC after everything happened
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    The Old Testament ? is evil and the Bible is fear mongering mind control.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Sigh...always thinking according to your own understanding...no wonder you remain ignorant.

The 70 years is based upon Israel and America.

Lol @ the blood moons being debunked!

Whammy

What 70 YEARS??? YOU said AMERICA would rule the entire world for 70 years this rule ending between 2014-2018 with america being destroyed. but america has not ruled the world for 70 years, 70 years ago the world was divided between russia and america with both nation having about equal influence in the world, between the two no one nation had excessive influence of the world. the way things are looking the world is becoming more level of a playing field so in the next 100 years or so america won't even be the only super power on earth you don't know what you are talking about.

it's not my understanding it's simple reading ability read the bible and stop putting your own feelings into what is written while your at it you might also want to read a history book.

If you think Russia ruled the world with America since 1945, I got some beach front property in Nepal I want to show you!

My goodness! There wasn't even a Russia in 1945. It was the USSR and they were always 2nd fiddle when it came to the USA.

I'm here to help so here you go

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-russia-and-vs-soviet-union/

Get your facts str8 before you come spotting off. Whoops I forgot who I'm speaking to.

The leader of dissension, quarrels, strifes, and contentions .

Help him King Jesus. Only you can soften His heart and remove the spirit of argument from him. Amen!

you are a fool the Soviet union was a creation of Russia. Russia was it's head heart and master. and even if it wasn't the fact would still remain that America did not rule the world after 1945 it shared power with another nation call that nation russia of the soviet union it matters not because either way it spoils your time line.

you are a false prophet spreading lies and confusion and foolishness i don't like to quarrel but i am strong in my convictions. you have more holes in your theory than a football net.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    @vitoria the problem with your theory is that ? said that when he returns he will be dipped in blood and he will fight the enemies of his people so if all the religions are represented by mystery babylon and mystery babylon is responsible for the oppression of gods people if they are destroyed who is he fighting.

revelation 19:11
    I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of ? . 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of ? Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of ? , 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

NOW @victoria remember revelations 19:11 happens after mystery babylon is destroyed and i would like you to give me the answer not the writer of whoever you have been copy and pasting from.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    The irony of the thread title is searing. ? have mercy upon those who have ears to hear. Amen.
  • zombie
    The irony of the thread title is searing. ? have mercy upon those who have ears to hear. Amen.

THE IRONY is that a fool made it in the first place.
  • vitoria
    edited October 2014
    @vitoria the problem with your theory is that ? said that when he returns he will be dipped in blood and he will fight the enemies of his people so if all the religions are represented by mystery babylon and mystery babylon is responsible for the oppression of gods people if they are destroyed who is he fighting.

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of ? . 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of ? Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of ? , 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

NOW @victoria remember revelations 19:11 happens after mystery babylon is destroyed and i would like you to give me the answer not the writer of whoever you have been copy and pasting from.

Chapter 19 describes the beginning of Armageddon. After False Religion is destroyed the Great Tribulation will soon follow. Matt 24 states that, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

Matt 19." Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."

That's pretty scary, that things are going to get so bad after False Religion is destroyed. That Jesus states unless those days are cut short no flesh would be saved. I mean if you think about a lot ppl that dedicated their whole lives to religion will have nothing to live for anymore, they will fill duped. I seriously hope I'm dead by then.

But it's coming soon. A lot of the things that you happened in the first century parallels to what is happening now.

• zombie
    edited October 2014
    vitoria wrote: »

Chapter 19 describes the beginning of Armageddon. After False Religion is destroyed the Great Tribulation will soon follow. Matt 24 states that, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

Matt 19." Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."

That's pretty scary, things are going to get so bad after False Religion is destroyed. That Jesus said's unless those days get cut short no flesh would be saved. I mean if you think about a lot ppl that dedicated their whole lives to religion will have nothing to live for anymore, they will fill duped. I seriously hope I'm dead by then.

But it's coming soon. A lot of the things that you happened in the first century parallels to what is happening now.

who is he fighting is what i am asking you because if as you say mystery babylon is only a world wide spiritual system of falsehood that ? destroys then who is he fighting after the destruction of babylon.
  • vitoria
    edited October 2014
    Oh he's fighting those that were in support of Babylon the Great. That would include everyone that took no note to get out of her. So all those you see going to these churches or political, etc are all part of this system of things, that's who he fighting. Jesus spoke telling his disciples that when you see the Romans camped out surrounding the walls of Jerusalem flee to the mountains. In 67 c.e they did just that but soon withdrew. But four years later.Roman legions returned in 70 C.E. This time they did not withdraw, and Jerusalem was completely destroyed. The Christians who had heeded Jesus’ warning escaped that terrible calamity.

So all this time people are going about day to day lives ignoring the warning to get out False Religion.

It should be noted that Jesus said that “those in Judea,” not just Jerusalem, were to start fleeing. This was important because within a few months of their withdrawal from Jerusalem, the Roman troops once again renewed their war operations. First, Galilee was subdued in 67 C.E., and then Judaea was systematically conquered the following year. This resulted in great misery throughout the countryside. It also became increasingly difficult for any Jew to escape from Jerusalem itself. The city gates were guarded, and any trying to escape were assumed to be deserting to the Romans.

• zombie
    vitoria wrote: »
    Oh he's fighting those that were in support of Babylon the Great. That would include everyone that took no note to get out of her. So all those you see going to these churches or political, etc are all part of this system of things, that's who he fighting. Jesus spoke telling his disciples that when you see the Romans camped out surrounding the walls of Jerusalem flee to the mountains. In 67 c.e they did just that but soon withdrew. But four years later.Roman legions returned in 70 C.E. This time they did not withdraw, and Jerusalem was completely destroyed. The Christians who had heeded Jesus’ warning escaped that terrible calamity.

So all this time people are going about day to day lives ignoring the warning to get out False Religion.

It should be noted that Jesus said that “those in Judea,” not just Jerusalem, were to start fleeing. This was important because within a few months of their withdrawal from Jerusalem, the Roman troops once again renewed their war operations. First, Galilee was subdued in 67 C.E., and then Judaea was systematically conquered the following year. This resulted in great misery throughout the countryside. It also became increasingly difficult for any Jew to escape from Jerusalem itself. The city gates were guarded, and any trying to escape were assumed to be deserting to the Romans.

how do you reconcile your belief that Babylon is just a false religious system with the fact that Babylon is given a physical description in the bible and how do you physically destroy a spiritual system