The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His name is Emmanuel Mudlay
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    Lol @ willis reed breaking crackers jaws back in the day
    (Vid on workdstar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pKL7y7n5_Rc

One Man Gang.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Lol Love was wide the ? open and been stroking the 3....Kyrie was determined to shoot that ball to prove a point and make sure the box score states that he didn't get sonned by Rose ( which he did)....between Waiters and Kyries tunnel visions gotta get mine attitude, the Scabs will implode at the 1st sign of adversity or a few consecutive losses

Yeah, 0 for 5 in that game is really "stroking" the 3.

I didn't mean in that particular idiot... Plus shooters are posed to shoot themselves out of a funk....Kyrie made a bad decision as pg period

I'm the idiot but being 0 for 5 that particular night doesn't matter? I didn't say Kyrie didn't make a bad decision. I said Love wasn't stroking ? which is factual.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the season bout to officially start next week

time flies
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ng3axl.jpg

This is just to put the ? into perspective for ? ... the team with the worst record has only won the lottery 3 times since 1990 ... three thats it... thats all ...

with that being said .. as long as you have a system in place that will favor the bad teams getting a higher pick .. there will be incentive to "tank" ... the only way to get rid of that incentive is to either do that ? "wheel" idea or to do a flat rate all equal lottery for teams that didn't make the playoffs .. but this will be stupid as well because you would be punishing teams that may have lost players to injury or prior bust picks .. maybe the league wants teams to go spend a bunch of money on mediocre non fitting players every year so it "seems" like their trying to compete like the pistons did .. cos that sure worked!
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixers spam alert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vRBBtMx_ez0&list=UUWJ2lWNubArHWmf3FIHbfcQ
    While Nerlens Noel has sat with an upper respiratory infection, another Sixer rookie has impressed with his ability to block shots, K.J. McDaniels. The 6’6” swingman led the ACC in blocks as a junior at Clemson last year, averaging 2.8 per game, and has continued his disruptive play around the rim in the pro ranks.

Through seven preseason games, McDaniels has blocked 14 shots, nine more than any other guard and just one fewer than centers Andre Drummond and Pau Gasol, who lead all players with 15 each. Over the Sixers’ last three games, he’s notched eight rejections, including four in just 16 minutes of action Monday against Brooklyn.

“I see a young, defensive Dwyane Wade,” said teammate Nerlens Noel when asked about McDaniels. “He’s just all over the place… Having a guard like him who can block shots brings a whole different dimension.”

I have been hesitant to brag on this youngin bcuz after all it's just preseason. He has lock down defender potential.If he keeps this up, that 1 year contract he signed will prove to be genius. I hope we keep him. Perimeter stoppers don't grow on trees. If he develops a 3 pointer that would be icing on the cake. If he leaves us via free agency than he will be dead to me. Joel,Noel,K.J. & MCW could potentially be a very nice defensive unit. Block Boyz 2018-19 NBA Champs.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Oh and i'd definitely put Kwahi ahead of Lebron as best perimter defender, only bc Kwahi has less responsibilities on offense so he can exert more energy

? there's 20 players they could have put ahead of LeBron

Ngga... name THREE

And before u throw out bull ? name another player who at some point, at least on occaision, has locked up Paul george, Derrick rose, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Durant

The GMs know wtf they talkin about. Lebrons biggest defensive weakness is his offensive responsibilty. He cant guard at 100% all game, so yea in b4 but but but Kwahi got 30 on him!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Oh and i'd definitely put Kwahi ahead of Lebron as best perimter defender, only bc Kwahi has less responsibilities on offense so he can exert more energy

Ngga... name THREE

And before u throw out bull ? name another player who at some point, at least on occaision, has locked up Paul george, Derrick rose, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Durant

The GMs know wtf they talkin about. Lebrons biggest defensive weakness is his offensive responsibilty. He cant guard at 100% all game, so yea in b4 but but but Kwahi got 30 on him!

Jimmy Butler,Kahwi Leonard,Tony Allen,Iman Shumpert are all better perimeter defenders than lebron

Butler has yoked everybody on that list except obviously rose and durant.Allen and shump have yoked durant and rose
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmaoo at this ? really asking me to name three

Numbers don't support that claim and neither would your eyes if you watched
  • R.D.
    And lol @ LeBron locking any of them ? down outside of Rose

KD did him ? last year and LeBron can not check Paul George

Not even Pierce ? ass
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So were goin to act like saying there are 20 ? 20 defenders that are better than lebron wasn't an extreme statement?

Really....

Really....

Alright
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    Who is even worthy of tanking for this year? I don't watch too much ncaa ball. Only big name that i really know is the kid from Chicago.

There's a lot of good bigs this year. If your team needs a PF/C this is the year for that. A few decent wings but Mudiya is the only point guard I can see going in the lotto. This years draft class is decent but not even close to last years in terms of depth and prospects. Keep an eye on UKs bigs specifically tho. They got the real live version of the monstars. Front court is straight silly but thier backcourt could be what holds them back. Harrison twins need to step it up this year
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudiay going top 3. Probably #2 after jahlil if China goes well. If you ain't getting a top 3 pick you can forget that dream
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ngga... name THREE

Jimmy Butler,Kahwi Leonard,Tony Allen,Iman Shumpert are all better perimeter defenders than lebron

Butler has yoked everybody on that list except obviously rose and durant.Allen and shump have yoked durant and rose

Cosign all except shumpert
  • R.D.
    So were goin to act like saying there are 20 ? 20 defenders that are better than lebron wasn't an extreme statement?

Really....

Really....

Alright

It's not

There's countless players in the league who get paid strictly because of there defense whom you nor I could name from memory

Even the numbers you love to rely on don't support Bron being this top defender but gon ahead and explain to me why he is
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudiay going top 3. Probably #2 after jahlil if China goes well. If you ain't getting a top 3 pick you can forget that dream

It's too early to call it but he is pretty much the best PG in the draft with no one threatening that. I love Kasey Hill nh but he's undersized and his jumper is too inconsistent. If he can improve his jumper I think there's a chance he cracks the lottery.
  • S2J

Ngga... name THREE

3 nggas with no offensive responsibility who chill and drift on offense.

Also, their expectations are lower so you see thru differemt lens. When KD cooks Tony Allen, its 'Yea but Tony Allen makes him work so hard'.

When KD cooks Lebron...well KD just cooked Lebron. and then 'Lebron is an overrated defender'.

Its the Richard Sherman theory. Nggas get mad at the 'hype' so they expect him to pitch shutouts
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cavs @ grizzlies on espn @ 8pm e, but no lebron
  • S2J
    edited October 2014
    Case in point, case in fuking point...Kwahi was lauded for his tough scrappy d on Lebron in the Finals. Probablly cemented his status as #1 perimeter (i agree)...

Ngga Bron shot damn near 60% on this nggas head. And 50% from 3!?!?

Foh Lebron doesnt get that kind of leeway and amnesia from yall when it comes to his D. The GMs know whats up tho...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Gawd Hubie Brown has returned!!!!!!!!
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Kyrie just gonna still D Wade move huh lol
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    word @ that kawhi ?

vs

advantage lebron

39 rebounds vs 32
    advantage lebron

20 assists vs 10 assists
    advantage lebron

the only thing kawhi did better than lebron was shoot from 3 but someone will bring up leonards defense -- you a coach and you tell your guy to guard someone and the person he guards drops 27 a game and shoots 57% you congratulating him? lol

tony allen better guard his rank jimmy butler coming

i wonder though do the pacers regret more trading kawhi for george hill or giving george hill a $32 mil contract
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move them ? cameras back further