Putin accuses United States of damaging world order!

Options
13»

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Ok let me try to make this as simple as possible (Please help me LORD)

THE DAY OF THE LORD:

1) Begins with the tribulation period (The day of sudden destruction)
    2) Includes the 2nd coming of Christ at the end of the 7 year tribulation period
    3) Includes the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on earth from Jerusalem (the millennial reign)
    4) And extends into all eternity.

The Bible is clear that we can know when the Day of the LORD begins, which starts with sudden destruction (The fall of Babylon the Great in 1 day and in 1 hour)

Now if you want to remain ignorant so be it.

But don't sit here and tell me that the beginning of the Day of the LORD can't be known, when ? gives warning after warning and signs after signs that warn the wise of what is coming throughout His word.

"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." Proverbs 27:12

The prudent will understand, the simpleton will not. Amen.

I'm sorry, I follow the bible so I just can't subscribe to your line of thinking. Knowing that Christ is returning at the end of the 7 year tribulation period and claiming to know when the tribulation period is beginning is claiming to know when Christ is returning, through simple mathematics. The Bible clearly and definitively states that no person possesses such knowledge. I'm not going to believe that some person on the internet does, because as I mentioned earlier I read the Bible. But I see where your head is at so I'm not going to argue with your further.

Don't talk down to me. The Lord don't like haughty.

You make your bed hard, you got to lay in it. Amen.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Name calling and calling those wicked because you have no proof and use ignorance as a weapon? This is why a lot of Christians are truly evil people in their hearts. No bible can save the darkness you love to revere in and gives you the power to demean others and smite others and take up young women during your rapersonal campaigns.

To me the final evils are the axis of power christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Anything to do with the demon Abraham has never been good, but darkness.

Sad but in the end, this seems to be true. The world's biggest conflicts today and historically revolve around Muslims, Jews, and Crusader Christians. The Bible ? is a twisted individual and it only makes sense his die hard followers support evil things like slavery and taking land from other people because they are different.

I don't think this is a coincidence.

Common misconception.
    According to the Encyclopedia of Wars (Phillips and Axelrod, Facts on File, December 2004) of the 1,763 major conflicts in recorded history, only 123 of them were classified as having been fought over religious differences. That’s just under 7 percent. The encyclopedia also explains that the number of people killed in these conflicts amounts to only 2 percent.

Most violence that stems from religion comes from people's lack of understanding of their own religion. People read things and completely misinterpret/warp them until you can't even correct them (see T/S). If every Christian followed the actual teachings of Jesus, then Christianity would be known as the most peaceful religion in the world next to Buddhism.

Understandable but remember Jesus never disavowed the Old Testament, he said several times his followers must obey and honor the rules of the Old Testament. And Crusader Christians saw the ? and savage battles of conquest that Old Testament people did with support from the Bible ? . It gave Francisco Pizarro and other Christian conquistadors power and religious dedication to ? heathens because the Bible ? supported that. Other evil Christians went around the world and did the same, often using religion as an excuse to commit the massive crimes. The churches of the area often supported these evil actions. And this went on until the 1960s in Africa and in some parts of the world it still continues (Israel vs Palestinians, Christian Americans taking the side of the "chosen" Jews)

Right, Jesus never disavowed the Old Testament, he just updated it for the new context that Hebrew people were living in during his time and beyond. When the Hebrews received the Old Testament they were a recently freed, nation less people of wanderers. They were getting direct instruction from ? . Anybody who violated the word of ? was a risk of leading the rest of the people astray. There was no room for prisons or probation sentences. You had to go. The punishment was death by stoning.

Jesus came when the Hebrews were one of many ethnicities living under Roman rule. He basically said that you heard the punishment for sin was death by stoning, but none of you can claim to be without sin and no sin is greater than the other so you have no right to cast stones. Give your neighbors forgiveness as you seek forgiveness from the Lord.

Yes the Crusaders were done by "Christians" but their actions were by no means sanctioned by the words of Christ nor was the colonialism you're citing. Again, that's a ? of religion. Despite the claims, I think we can both agree that the primary engine behind Europe's colonialism of the world was NOT to spread Christianity but to extract the resources from the lands they were subjugating.

If I walk up to a random old lady on the street and slap the taste out her mouth and "say kingblaze84 told me to do it so I did it"--- and you never told me to do that, how can people blame you?

You're right in that Jesus did not DIRECTLY say to ? others and enslave others and Europeans mostly wanted to take the resources of the other lands. The issue is not so much what Jesus directly said and more of what was implied. When he CO-SIGNED the Old Testament, it created a dangerous event that changed the world forever: Jesus, sadly, CO-SIGNED much of the evil that took place in the Old Testament. I don't blame Jesus himself, I think he did a lot of good things. BUT by co-signing the extreme evil of the Old Testament, it gave die hard followers of the Bible ? and Christianity cover to do massive acts of bloodshed, slavery, and stealing of land and resources.

But you are right that Jesus did not directly say slavery was cool or genocide is okay, but he committed a terrible mistake by saying people should obey and honor the Old Testament. Those dangerous words gave Columbus and other evil Christians cover to do what they did. And remember, many of the die hard conquistadors were very religious and some sources say most of them were.

The old covenant was for the jews not the church IT WAS a jews contract not a christian one christ never ordered christians to organize into a state and do the things ? told isreal to do to ensure there survival and the survival of the worship of yahweh.

THE TWISTING of the teachings of christ by people like columbus is no stain on those teachings Unless you can find a passage were jesus said to do the kinds of things columbus did you argument is baseless and betrays a real lack of understanding of the religion.

I understand that though but either way, Jesus gave his full support of the Old Testament, and it legitimized much of the evil and terrorism that took place via the Bible ? 's words, commands, and instructions in that book. To be fair, the Israelites committed evils that AT TIMES the Abrahamic ? did not explicitly call for, but the Bible ? still gave rules for slavery and allowed and approved of the taking of citizens for forced labor and we all know what the ? that means. You also know damn well Jesus believed in the same Abrahamic ? that the Jews believed in, bringing more CO-SIGNING of the Old Testament ways.

There is a reason CHRISTIAN KINGS, QUEENS, SLAVERS, and other historical TERRORISTS loved the Bible and used the Bible ? 's rules for exterminating those who believed in other gods and other horrors. And of course, the world today is largely a product of this Christian terrorism. But yes, Jesus did not directly say bad stuff, but his co-sign of the Old Testament is a stain that will forever tarnish Christianity in the eyes of the secular.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In all honesty, I would possibly be a Christian today if Jesus said explicitly "I DO NOT believe in the ? of the Old Testament and DO NOT OBEY THE RULES" of that ? .

If Jesus said that explicitly and directly, I would have respected him more. Ah well
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surely there is a better place to preach than a hip hop forum?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    In all honesty, I would possibly be a Christian today if Jesus said explicitly "I DO NOT believe in the ? of the Old Testament and DO NOT OBEY THE RULES" of that ? .

If Jesus said that explicitly and directly, I would have respected him more. Ah well
    Well the problem with that is Jesus would be denying Himself since Jesus is the ? of the Old Testament.

And the Bible tells us this:

"if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

Jesus can't deny Himself. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He is The Lord! All things were made by Him, for He is the creator! Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Surely there is a better place to preach than a hip hop forum?

The best place to preach is whenever and wherever. Amen.

Do you know Him brother @karl?
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

Well the problem with that is Jesus would be denying Himself since Jesus is the ? of the Old Testament.

"if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

Jesus can't deny Himself. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He is The Lord! All things were made by Him, for He is the creator! Amen.

Jesus is the ? of the Old Testament huh....?

NICE! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind bro.....
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so you did not know that??? Look in my eyes the abrahamic ? is the ultimate utilitarian he will be as harsh as he needs to be to create the greater good for mankind or as soft as he needs to be. The whole point of him creating israel from various peoples in the middle east and africa was so THAT his people could be a light unto the nations.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

so you did not know that??? Look in my eyes the abrahamic ? is the ultimate utilitarian he will be as harsh as he needs to be to create the greater good for mankind or as soft as he needs to be. The whole point of him creating israel from various peoples in the middle east and africa was so THAT his people could be a light unto the nations.

Israel is a light unto the nations? If that's the case why are people throwing firebombs and rocks at Israelis all the time? And I don't think a terrorist and slavery loving Abrahamic ? can be considered a utilitarian.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

Israel is a light unto the nations? If that's the case why are people throwing firebombs and rocks at Israelis all the time? And I don't think a terrorist and slavery loving Abrahamic ? can be considered a utilitarian.

Your understanding is poor those same people throwing the firebombs only have their religion because of israel.

and the bolded indicates that you don't know the meaning of the word utilitarian as i used it
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

Your understanding is poor those same people throwing the firebombs only have their religion because of israel.

and the bolded indicates that you don't know the meaning of the word utilitarian as i used it

I'll try not to turn this into an argument but how the hell is the Abrahamic ? a utilitarian, utilitarians do things for the greater good of all peoples or a general community. The Abrahamic ? commands death and destruction for those who think and worship differently, and encourages enslavement of those who are outsiders as well. Doesn't sound like protecting the interests of wider society AT ALL, what the ? are you possibly talking about.

And Israel "allowing" the people in the region who are throwing firebombs and rocks at Israelis daily to have their religion isn't doing much to keep the peace, now is it
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

I'll try not to turn this into an argument but how the hell is the Abrahamic ? a utilitarian, utilitarians do things for the greater good of all peoples or a general community. The Abrahamic ? commands death and destruction for those who think and worship differently, and encourages enslavement of those who are outsiders as well. Doesn't sound like protecting the interests of wider society AT ALL, what the ? are you possibly talking about.

And Israel "allowing" the people in the region who are throwing firebombs and rocks at Israelis daily to have their religion isn't doing much to keep the peace, now is it

In the old testment ? commanded the jews to do certain things to keep the jewish people alive and to see them prosper a little in a barbaric world. this was for the greater good because it was from the jewish people that jesus had to come into the world, and through jesus all of mankind can be saved from feeling the full brunt of their sins. Had ? allowed the jews to fully drift away into the other religions of their surrounding people or let them be totally destroyed by the surrounding nations, we would not have the got jesus. So ? chose to magnify the jews and in the process himself so that the teachings he gave to them would survive forever, to me it is no coincidence that all the other religions of israels ancient enemies no longer exist and have no major influence of the spiritual lives of most the world but the worship of yah/jesus continues from generation to generation in many forms despite whatever happens in the politics of the day

Your small human mind it thinking about right now and the lack of peace you see in the region today but ? sees all of time and countless generations
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

In the old testment ? commanded the jews to do certain things to keep the jewish people alive and to see them prosper a little in a barbaric world. this was for the greater good because it was from the jewish people that jesus had to come into the world, and through jesus all of mankind can be saved from feeling the full brunt of their sins. Had ? allowed the jews to fully drift away into the other religions of their surrounding people or let them be totally destroyed by the surrounding nations, we would not have the got jesus. So ? chose to magnify the jews and in the process himself so that the teachings he gave to them would survive forever, to me it is no coincidence that all the other religions of israels ancient enemies no longer exist and have no major influence of the spiritual lives of most the world but the worship of yah/jesus continues from generation to generation in many forms despite whatever happens in the politics of the day

Your small human mind it thinking about right now and the lack of peace you see in the region today but ? sees all of time and countless generations

LOL okay well where is Jesus now? He was pretty ? quiet when Christians went around the world terrorizing people all over the planet. I didn't see Jesus saving anybody during the Trans-Atlantic slave travels. I didn't see Jesus save the Native Americans from terrorist Christians who killed, ? , and stole land in the name of Christianity and their Christian kings and queens. Where was Jesus when Christian, White Australians committed war crimes and stole the land of the aboriginals? Oh that's right, nothing lol.....so where is all this saving you're talking about. Oh yeah, we have to die first before we get saved LOL GTFOH

And the worship of Yahweh and Jesus is widespread only because of Christian terrorism and slavery historically, you wouldn't talk like this if you were born in the middle of India or Saudi Arabia instead of born to Jamaican parents whose ancestors were enslaved by Christians. Think for yourself for once in your life.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    @kingblaze84 answer the questions posed in this passage of scripture and you'll have your answer as to why ? does what He does.....

"But who are you, a human being, to talk back to ? ? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? In the same way, even though ? has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory." Romans 9:20-23

When ? is the creator, He has every right to do what He wills with the creatures He created. Some of the creatures He created are destined for destruction because of the choices that they make in this life (rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior), while others are destined for glory because of the choices that they make in this life (accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior). In the end, ? is the one who gets all the glory because He will be vindicated when His righteous judgment is revealed from heaven and all those who trusted in Him will be glorified in Him, while all those who hated Him will be judged by Him. Amen.

• zombie
    Options

LOL okay well where is Jesus now? He was pretty ? quiet when Christians went around the world terrorizing people all over the planet. I didn't see Jesus saving anybody during the Trans-Atlantic slave travels. I didn't see Jesus save the Native Americans from terrorist Christians who killed, ? , and stole land in the name of Christianity and their Christian kings and queens. Where was Jesus when Christian, White Australians committed war crimes and stole the land of the aboriginals? Oh that's right, nothing lol.....so where is all this saving you're talking about. Oh yeah, we have to die first before we get saved LOL GTFOH

And the worship of Yahweh and Jesus is widespread only because of Christian terrorism and slavery historically, you wouldn't talk like this if you were born in the middle of India or Saudi Arabia instead of born to Jamaican parents whose ancestors were enslaved by Christians. Think for yourself for once in your life.

jesus died to save your soul not your ass he's coming back to save our assess at the appointed time that's what the bible teaches you either accept it or not. and my family practiced african religions for most of our history i have studied religion for myself and saw the truth in this one, i don't see why that's hard for so many of you anti-christians to grasps. India has a growing christian population and SAUDI arabia has hidden churches. people convert to other religions all the time
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @kingblaze84 answer the questions posed in this passage of scripture and you'll have your answer as to why ? does what He does.....

"But who are you, a human being, to talk back to ? ? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? In the same way, even though ? has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory." Romans 9:20-23

When ? is the creator, He has every right to do what He wills with the creatures He created. Some of the creatures He created are destined for destruction because of the choices that they make in this life (rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior), while others are destined for glory because of the choices that they make in this life (accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior). In the end, ? is the one who gets all the glory because He will be vindicated when His righteous judgment is revealed from heaven and all those who trusted in Him will be glorified in Him, while all those who hated Him will be judged by Him. Amen.

So all those Christians being destined for destruction in Syria and Iraq are being killed off because "of choices they made in this life"? Weird considering they worship Jesus already
  • kingblaze84
    Options

jesus died to save your soul not your ass he's coming back to save our assess at the appointed time that's what the bible teaches you either accept it or not. and my family practiced african religions for most of our history i have studied religion for myself and saw the truth in this one, i don't see why that's hard for so many of you anti-christians to grasps. India has a growing christian population and SAUDI arabia has hidden churches. people convert to other religions all the time

Okay as long as you're happy, go to church as often as you wish.
  • zombie
    Options

So all those Christians being destined for destruction in Syria and Iraq are being killed off because "of choices they made in this life"? Weird considering they worship Jesus already

worshipping christ or not is not going to save you from death in fact the bible promised that those who stick to their faith could face pain, death and suffering. it's the real death that christians are saved from not the physically one we worship jesus and he got his ass kicked and stuck to a cross so trails in life is just something we have to deal with.

i think that's what dou was trying to say
  • kingblaze84
    Options

worshipping christ or not is not going to save you from death in fact the bible promised that those who stick to their faith could face pain, death and suffering. it's the real death that christians are saved from not the physically one we worship jesus and he got his ass kicked and stuck to a cross so trails in life is just something we have to deal with.

i think that's what dou was trying to say

The REAL death ASIDE from getting your head chopped off for being Christian in that region? WOW, if there is a worse death, please tell me how that would occur and who would be inflicting this process.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Those destined for destruction are those who don't believe. Those who believe are destined for glory, even though they may suffer persecution, trials, tribulations, and martyrdom.

Suffering for Jesus Christ is not strange. It may be strange to Christians that live in America because we don't suffer violent persecution. But for the majority of Christians around the world, who live in hostile environments, suffering for Christ is an every day reality.

The church was founded by the blood of Jesus Christ and built upon the blood of the martyrs. Suffering is part of the christian experience. And the word of ? explicitly teaches this. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christians globally are suffering though and those who keep older spiritual traditions as well. Islam us growing and fanatically.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Those destined for destruction are those who don't believe. Those who believe are destined for glory, even though they may suffer persecution, trials, tribulations, and martyrdom.

Suffering for Jesus Christ is not strange. It may be strange to Christians that live in America because we don't suffer violent persecution. But for the majority of Christians around the world, who live in hostile environments, suffering for Christ is an every day reality.

The church was founded by the blood of Jesus Christ and built upon the blood of the martyrs. Suffering is part of the christian experience. And the word of ? explicitly teaches this. Amen.

SOOOOO Christians AND non-Christians will suffer on Earth? So then it doesn't make a difference if people don't believe then, they might go through the same ? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Christians globally are suffering though and those who keep older spiritual traditions as well. Islam us growing and fanatically.

Exactly, it's not like being Christian gives you a force field and protects you from everything (or anything). So I don't know why DOU says those who don't believe are destined for destruction. Seems everybody is destined for destruction, no matter what we believe in (we all die either way, whether there is an after life or not)
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Destruction=the 2nd death

If you are Born once, you will die twice.

If you are born twice, you will die once (except for those who believe and are alive at His coming)

Amen!