Options
    Only if you watch WWE.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Where the TNA fans at?

What TNA fans?
    I guess we only got the independents and foreign wrestling left.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What does that have to do with this not being a horrible wrestling year if you didn't just limit yourself to WWE?
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree. This year turned me off to wrestling, been watching since 1996. The product has been lackluster, the availability has been garbage, and the overall management has been awful.

I stop by here to check on the news and the threads for updates, but haven't tuned in for months.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only good ? is NXT
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True. This year has been ? in the United States. TNA is probably on its way out of business and WWE is a jumbo jet without a pilot.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wwe hasnt been the only bad wrestling out there

nxt has been the best/most consistent
  • Broddie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    NJPW >>>>> NXT

This has been one of the company's best years too.

NOAH is in rebuild mode but there's still solid ? going on over there like

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28m67l_yuji-nagata-vs-chris-hero-noah_sport

CMLL had a very dope anniversary show not too long ago

AAA's Lucha Underground spin off had a promising debut episode.

The lnternational scene is pretty rock solid right now overall.

I can't speak on WWE now. I haven't watched since May but it was getting pretty awful there which is why I tuned out and all I see from their fans on wrestlingforum.com especially as of late is nothing but complaints. Same from Don Tony and Kevin Castle who only watch WWE.

Personally I didn't realize how much I was just watching for Bryan and Punk until their presence was no longer felt and I was bored to tears with the rest of their product due to ? booking and gross mishandling of what is possibly the best roster that company has ever had since the Golden Age & RA era.

As far as the rest of the states go ROH fell off and the roster is thinning. The Michael Elgin angle has also been mediocre at best. But every now and then you get some gems there too.

TNA picked up big time the last 4 months and hopefully they keep that momentum well into their new network deal. PWG put on an amazing show a few weeks ago. So yeah contrary to popular belief things aren't too bad here in the states and I honestly don't see how 2014 has been horrible if you're really a pro wrestling fan.

That is of course if you care about more than just sports entertainment. If you're a sports entertainment fan I guess I'll just say the road to wrestlemania isn't too far away and it's the one consistent part of any year for WWE so maybe the turn around isn't too far off.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This era since Ruthless Aggression ended about 6/7 years ago, is just like the late 80's and early 90's. The sport was ? then too.

It's 3 things;

Predictability
    Uneventful
    And
    Nuisance.

Predictability because we know what the hell John Cena is gonna do in every storyline. We know how they're gonna book Ambrose and Rollins. We all knew Lesnar was gonna be champ. We all knew Daniel Bryan would have his day at Mania.

Uneventful because nothing special happens. Let me explain;

Wrestlemania III was all about Hogan vs Andre. But some will argue Macho and Steamboat stole the show.

Hall & Nash jumping ship.

The explosIon of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Mankind vs Undertaker Hell In A Cell

Punks Pipe Bomb

The point is, nothing special happens anymore. And memorable moments are what keep fans intrigued. Hell, let Ambrose and Rollins go insane at Hell In A Cell, and both would be legends now. WWE is too tame for it's own good.

And finally, Nuisance.

We get sick and tired of the same ole ? .

Cena gonna win

Cena gonna win

Cena gonna win

Back in the day, even Steve Austin took clean losses from time to time, and that did not hurt his fame at all. Same with Rock and Hogan.

It never happens with Cena. That's a issue with fans. At least the grown ones.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    is just like the late 80's and early 90's. The sport was ? then too.

WTF?

clearly you probably didn't see that era and are going off conjecture but coming from someone who was watching at the time 1987 - 1992 was one of the greatest periods of WWF easily. It's what made me a fan. NWA/WCW was sharp during that era too. Don't confuse the mid 90's ('94 - '96) with the early 90's. The only truly awful period during the 90's for both companies was 1994 and especially 1995 which were transition periods for both. 1993 was "eh" but still had some better shows than both '94 and '95 as well as early '96.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    JokerKing wrote: »
    is just like the late 80's and early 90's. The sport was ? then too.

WTF?

clearly you probably didn't see that era and are going off conjecture but coming from someone who was watching at the time 1987 - 1992 was one of the greatest periods of WWF easily. It's what made me a fan. NWA/WCW was sharp during that era too. Don't confuse the mid 90's ('94 - '96) with the early 90's. The only truly awful period during the 90's for both companies was 1994 and especially 1995 which were transition periods for both.

That's the same era I was referring to. I was just being broad cause I want sure of the years