Star Wars Battlefront To Be Turned Into A First-Person Shooter?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Star Wars Battlefront will be EA’s “major first-person shooter” for 2015, according to EA’s chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen. This indicates that the upcoming game will be focusing upon first-person gameplay rather than the third-person gameplay the series has been known for.

The game will be released in “Holiday 2015,” publisher EA revealed, which will coincide with the release of JJ Abram’s Star Wars Episode VII in theaters. The Holiday 2015 release window will mean that the game will hit store shelves in either November or December, while Star Wars Episode VII will be released on December 18th, 2015, making the last two months of the year hugely exciting for Star Wars fans.

The game is being handled by Battlefield developers DICE, who took over the series from Lucas Arts after the company went bankrupt and the Star Wars license was acquired by Disney.

While entering into first-person mode has always been an option in the series, the game was preferably played in third-person. Though DICE are obviously more well-versed in creating first-person shooters, I personally found being able to see which member of Rebel fleet/Empire I was controlling to be one of the series’ biggest selling points, and I hope this won’t be diminished at all if the upcoming third entry in the franchise is to go down the FPS route.

Comments