Wow...just wow. That's some crazy ass ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    wooooooooooooooooooo
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not surprised man. The company racist as ? , ask Alberto Del Rio and Mark Henry. Many more of the Superstars have prolly said the same.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WCW was southern based so I'm not surprised by this
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Not surprised man. The company racist as ? , ask Alberto Del Rio and Mark Henry. Many more of the Superstars have prolly said the same.

He was talking primarily about WCW, not wwe.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ghost313 wrote: »

He was talking primarily about WCW, not wwe.

Still though, can you honestly say there is a difference in the treatment of Black wrestlers(non Somoan) then and now?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    WCW was southern based so I'm not surprised by this

It's not just limited to WCW though. WWE has just as many unprofessional and misogynistic racists on their staff both back then and now. Matter of fact many of them are even in official and executive positions right now. Like Michael Hayes or Bill DeMott. With that said I don't feel too sorry for minority wrestlers in that company. Some insiders try to justify it by saying "what do you expect from a locker room environment?" but it's 2014; people should have a bit more self respect now because they have options.

Sure you have to tow the company line swallow your pride and keep your mouth shut if you're a big earner who wants to keep earning bit. Just like in any other industry.

However a lot of them aren't making any more than they would be making on the indies anyway where they would be treated with more respect and valued much greater. They're just too stuck on the whole "I made it to the WWE" mentality that it helps them justify their battered wife syndrome.

American pro wrestling in general like many other industries in this country is an old boy's club dependent on white male patriarchy. I don't see how this is a shocker to some. It's always been that way and if you know how to read between the lines you would see it as clear as day.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    He got called a ? by Ric ? Flair?!

Wow...just wow. That's some crazy ass ?

Welp, ? Ric Flair then
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe his ? up ways came back to haunt him i.e 4 divorces & him bein broke as ?