-The official 2014-2015 NFL season thread

Options

Comments

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know how good randy moss was? passing on him haunted jerry jones so much, he later took a ? that would go on to slap his MOM
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    you know how good randy moss was? passing on him haunted jerry jones so much, he later took a ? that would go on to slap his MOM

Allegedly
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    As much as I like Randy Moss, I'm glad the Cowboys didn't take him in the draft.

Really ? ?

What's the logic behind this idiotic statement.

Our team already had too many PR problems back then. Plus Randy learned A LOT from Cris Carter(to the point people downplay his mentorship of Moss) as talented as he was would he have been as dominant as he was with Dallas, instead of going to Minnesota. Also let's not act like his work ethic by the middle of his career wasn't terrible, the man relied mostly on his natural talent. He wasn't the best route runner, he could just go up and catch over anyone(aka Calvin Johnson).

Now please sit yo ? ass down somewhere.

? say that ? as a knock... How many tall fast receivers that have come in the league and ended up on a top five all time list? And he could run more routes, they just figured why should he if he can just go get the td.. One thing that's so underrated is his strength
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I like Randy Moss, I'm glad the Cowboys didn't take him in the draft.

Really ? ?

Our team already had too many PR problems back then. Plus Randy learned A LOT from Cris Carter(to the point people downplay his mentorship of Moss) as talented as he was would he have been as dominant as he was with Dallas, instead of going to Minnesota. Also let's not act like his work ethic by the middle of his career wasn't terrible, the man relied mostly on his natural talent. He wasn't the best route runner, he could just go up and catch over anyone(aka Calvin Johnson).

? say that ? as a knock... How many tall fast receivers that have come in the league and ended up on a top five all time list? And he could run more routes, they just figured why should he if he can just go get the td.. One thing that's so underrated is his strength

"All he can do is go deep and catch bout 15 TDs a year, draw Constant double teams leaving everybody else singled covered"

? gotta say that ? out loud just find out how dumb that ? sound.

Just imagine Moss playing his prime right now.

With all the rules that favor offense.

Might I add he did it with average QBs beside Brady.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Allegedly

Nah he did it I saw him do it.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Really ? ?

Yeah I don't see how going up and catching the ball over people scoring 15tds a season is somehow a "bad thing"
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did I say that as a knock? All I meant was his game isn't as dynamic as other receivers who could do everything, such as TO or now a days a Dez Bryant(although he is very athletic in his own right) or Antonio Brown.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really ? ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScSqohzuqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xzaDzV5_lA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF31X1LaMJU

I'm just saying

• Shizlansky
    Options
    Shid

Just run highlights against Dallas.

So ? can remember why he has his own phrase.

Moss > and player that played for the Cowboys while he was in the league.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    ? it.

Moss > any Dallas player
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    ? it.

Moss > any Dallas player

EaXwwOOW_OWPvx8bSgPuZK_gHo1Fs5qXmeQRNd0jcOGHqAQmZOJodg0uLSGHI-QtrISeUaCRp8hC7hN9BMXjH7kAfjhZSFLepSze_ShiWBXG-UfQFivKV5XSAsMwHI5GK4IYeg_roG5fyIll-jlE6GM=w300-h400-nc

Stop it bruh.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Tony Dorsett, Charles Haley, Michael Irvin, Bob Hayes, Darren Woodson, hell we had Terrell Owens as well he put up great numbers with us. Stop bro just stop you out of line.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Like I said.

Moss > all them ? you just named.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Like I said.

So you're telling me Moss > Emmitt?

You say I say stupid ? .
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Allegedly

Nah he did it I saw him do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFgUHckCgg
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Like I said.

You say I say stupid ? .

Moss > Smith

If I had to choose between the two I'm taking Moss.

• dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Like I said.

You say I say stupid ? .

Moss > Smith

5 x All Pro > 4 x all pro
    8 x Pro Bowl > 7 time Pro Bowl
    2 x MVP > 0 MVP
    Offensive player of the year > 0 offensive player of the year

That's just individual accomplishmens not bringing up the Super Bowl MVP, ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER, most rushing touchdowns, still picked up 3000+ yards receiving(in a far less pass friendly league mind you). Stop it bruh you are WAY out of line.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said.

You say I say stupid ? .

Moss > Smith

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    How did I say that as a knock? All I meant was his game isn't as dynamic as other receivers who could do everything, such as TO or now a days a Dez Bryant(although he is very athletic in his own right) or Antonio Brown.

there's nothing more dynamic than the ability to catch a touchdown over someones head .. there's nothing more intimidating to a defense than a player that can take the top off your d and then also win a jumpball with ease
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Like I said.

You say I say stupid ? .

Moss > Smith

When you really think about it this is true.Not saying emmitt wasnt talented...but gotdamn he benefited from those cowboys squads he was on...Moss got off on straight up talent and athletic ability.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Like I said.

You say I say stupid ? .

Moss > Smith

When you really think about it this is true.Not saying emmitt wasnt talented...but gotdamn he benefited from those cowboys squads he was on...Moss got off on straight up talent and athletic ability.

No it's not, even once our offensive line and team broke down Emmitt Still produced. A WR can make a bad QB look much better than he is, a bad o-line will make even the best RB look horrible.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    A lot of Emmitt Smith's accomplishments were because of his line, he was talented but he wasn't a once in a generation ? like Moss is
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Like I said.

You say I say stupid ? .

Moss > Smith

5 x All Pro > 4 x all pro
    8 x Pro Bowl > 7 time Pro Bowl
    2 x MVP > 0 MVP
    Offensive player of the year > 0 offensive player of the year

That's just individual accomplishmens not bringing up the Super Bowl MVP, ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER, most rushing touchdowns, still picked up 3000+ yards receiving(in a far less pass friendly league mind you). Stop it bruh you are WAY out of line.

You saying all this ? which means nothing.

Moss > Smith.

Moss Impact on the field > Smith.

Might I add that Smith had the greatest oline of all time.

Ppl don't even put Smith in the 3 of running backs sometimes top 5.

Hell I'll take 5 backs before I take smith.

But ill take Moss over all them running backs.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gtfoh

I see someone has watched Rand University

You mean the same All-time great RandyMoss that could have been goat but he was petulant and lackadaisical at times

Randy is the most talented receiver ever but Emmitt smith showed up and then some in big games