the dumbest things you witnessed .

Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
what is the dumbest you witnessed in your years of reading comic books. it could be a plot device ,a costume change, a gimmick whaterver. for me i would have to say frankenpunisher. wtf marvel?!? you take punisher the deadliest vigilante in marvel and have him ripped to shreds by wolverines son and instead of letting a great warrior rest in peace with dignity he gets stitched back together and you call him frankenpunisher. ye gods! the spidermobile nuff said! the savage dragon
i pointed this out before a half human half dragon beat cop. help us lord!

...and up for discussion the new female thor. i read the first issue the plot reads as a watcher whispered an enchantment in thors ear rendering him unworthy of wielding mjolnir. none can wield it now not even odin and at the end of the book a mysterious woman comes out of nowhere and lifts the hammers. some say it may be freya. right now i'm not with this theres too many changes going on in both marvel and dc. it may prove interesting later on but right now i'm not ready for this.

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't a comic.

But when batman best the justice league.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Too many to count.

Probably Cyclops going toe to toe with Wolverine with one trained punch and adamantium (sp) (which he both has) should ? Summers with the impact of a Mac truck.

But Logan's known to hold back on allies. Both current and former.

Even Sabretooth.
  • Splackavelli
    i never liked that costume tony stark made for spiderman the red and gold one with the spider legs on it. just ugly and superman red and blue was some ? ? .
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Too many to count.

Probably Cyclops going toe to toe with Wolverine with one trained punch and adamantium (sp) (which he both has) should ? Summers with the impact of a Mac truck.

But Logan's known to hold back on allies. Both current and former.

Even Sabretooth.

Always wondered why the writers even made that fight even possible. Wolverine trained most to all Xmen dude is lightning quick and like you said a punch would be like getting hit by a car. The ? Cyclops going to do besides optic blast.

While I agree that the fight should not have been as close as it was shown to be, Cyke does have hand to hand skills. It just doesn't get shown very often.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Magneto being bald and losing most of his power made me stop reading X-Men based comics pretty much.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Civil War.

Spider-Man giving up Mary Jane to save Aunt May.

Spider-Man losing the natural webbing.

Retconning that whole Spider-? arc.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Civil war was the ? , Sue Storm was chainless in that ? ...and that fake ass Thor had ? out here shook as ? , ? Cable said "I mean, they got Thor, they can do whatever they want to do" LMAO
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cap wasn't ? around either, and Peter was pushing ? ? back, the ? up part about Civil war was how they never relinquished Sentry
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Civil War is the goat story ... That deserve the movie nod
  • Splackavelli
    the superior spider man. i hated this story arch i hated the idea. peter parker and doctor octopus switches bodies and doc ock gets to mascerade as spiderman while peters soul remains in octavious's dead body. i would have had no problem if this was resolved in 3 or 4 issues but they went a whole year with this b.s. not only did octavious alter spidermans methods he slightly changed his costume as well for the uglier. i couldn't go a whole year with this. what were the highlights of this event. where was peters soul while all this was going on?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hal Jordan turning into a mass murderer after Coast City got destroyed. Made the character irredeemable in my opinion, regardless of any subsequent retcon.

Everything about ShadowLand was stupid. How the hell you gonna turn Daredevil into a demon?
  • Splackavelli
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    the superior spider man. i hated this story arch i hated the idea. peter parker and doctor octopus switches bodies and doc ock gets to mascerade as spiderman while peters soul remains in octavious's dead body. i would have had no problem if this was resolved in 3 or 4 issues but they went a whole year with this b.s. not only did octavious alter spidermans methods he slightly changed his costume as well for the uglier. i couldn't go a whole year with this. what were the highlights of this event. where was peters soul while all this was going on?

i read a chapter on youtube yesterday. i take back what i posted previously. it was interesting he fought some dude named massacre. it interesting to see ock take measures that spidey wouldn't take like killing criminals. the only fault i found with this is it was drawn out too long.
  • Splackavelli
    some people don't like avengers vs x men. i don't have a problem with it i read the first two books. i like the buildup to the whole thing and when it went down that panel with all the avengers on the helicarrier getting ready was just....man! i like big events where its almost every hero vs villian or hero vs hero. those first two books felt epic like the 1986 transformers animated movie. i skimmed over the rest though. i guess it got dumb when the utopia group got ahold of the phoenix force.
  • Splackavelli
    how could i forget this one. the she thing bka ms marvel(not carol danvers) she joined the ff around issue 306 i think and was also the things current girlfriend her real name was sherry or sharon i forget her full name. she came in with the inhumans crystal( who was there for a few issues) for an ff team of johnny ben crystal and ms marvel. then cosmic rays hit her and she became a she thing. she resembled ben grimm only she had a female figure she was built like shreks wife. she started out with a smooth skin texture like the orginal thing and like thing her skin texture became more defined and resembled the thing more.
    also during this stretch the thing under went a further mutation gaining a dinosaur like appearence. his brick like skin texture became scaly and protruding and he grew spikes out of certain parts of his body . later on it was just the team of ben johhny and sherry untill reed and sue rejoined the team after their stint with the avengers. the book still was good i just felt like a she thing was unecessary. during that time the team took on great enemies like blastaar ,graviton, that thing vs joe fixit(grey hulk) story was fire, and joining forces with mantis and silver surfer to fight the hand(actually they were some type of space ninjas i think) was one of the best stories i ever read. also johhny went supernova during this story.
    in hindsight she thing wasn't that bad but is was still a little silly and unnecesary she was ms marvel thy should have kept her in human form. lastly though the ff vs frightful four story arch when read and sue came back was goat.

• Splackavelli
    ^go to google images or yahoo images if you don't believe me theres some great panels on there. yeah its been a long time that she thing ? was weird. bens mutation still looks cool.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Too many to name. Countless out of character moments, inconsistencies, PIS fights, etc.

Batman, Captain America, Spider-Man, etc. and how they beat people they have no business touching.

Surfer and Thor and every villain falling to PIS when they need to conveniently lose

Out of this world feats that serve no purpose like Flash outrunning death and Superman baking super cakes.

And so much more.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ super cakes.
  • Splackavelli
    how could i forget this one. the she thing bka ms marvel(not carol danvers) she joined the ff around issue 306 i think and was also the things current girlfriend her real name was sherry or sharon i forget her full name. she came in with the inhumans crystal( who was there for a few issues) for an ff team of johnny ben crystal and ms marvel. then cosmic rays hit her and she became a she thing. she resembled ben grimm only she had a female figure she was built like shreks wife. she started out with a smooth skin texture like the orginal thing and like thing her skin texture became more defined and resembled the thing more.
    also during this stretch the thing under went a further mutation gaining a dinosaur like appearence. his brick like skin texture became scaly and protruding and he grew spikes out of certain parts of his body . later on it was just the team of ben johhny and sherry untill reed and sue rejoined the team after their stint with the avengers. the book still was good i just felt like a she thing was unecessary. during that time the team took on great enemies like blastaar ,graviton, that thing vs joe fixit(grey hulk) story was fire, and joining forces with mantis and silver surfer to fight the hand(actually they were some type of space ninjas i think) was one of the best stories i ever read. also johhny went supernova during this story.
    in hindsight she thing wasn't that bad but is was still a little silly and unnecesary she was ms marvel thy should have kept her in human form. lastly though the ff vs frightful four story arch when read and sue came back was goat.

i did a little research on the net and google images. her name is sharon ventura a female wrestler who made her first appearances in the things comic book. her name was ms marvel but unlike the other ms marvel she didn't get her powers from the kree. she gained superstrenght from a villian named powerbroker by means of some kind of super steroid injection. looking at those old panels and comic covers from google image brought back memories.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Dumbest things ive witnessed in comics.:

Wolverine winning against Gambit.

Magneto beating Onslaught.

Cable beating X-Man.

Punisher Beating Deadpool.

Iron Fist beating Black Panther.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron fist? Wtf?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Multiverse, Krypto, summer events, and starting the numbering over when sales start to lag in order to bring in speculators who think they just come up on the next Action 1 or Tec 27.
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2014
    gns wrote: »
    Iron fist? Wtf?

i'm not hating on panther but why wouldn't iron fist beat him? he is a mystic and a kung fu master right?
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2014
    @Maximus Rex cosign on krypto matter of fact super pets period except for ace the bat hound and any super hero that had a mobile besides batman. yeah spiderman actually had a spider-mobile at one point. i like multiverses though.
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2014
  • Splackavelli

i went to coverbrowser .com it brought back memories i remember who they fought when they teamed up with silver surfer and mantis now. it was kang the conqueror.