LOL, ? in Detroit Are Scandalous, Squats in Neighbors House, Then Eats Her Turkey and Crab Legs

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in AKA Donkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-crMEKXR3o

Damn, ? in the D are about that life and ? can't even go on vacation. How are you going to go in the next ? 's house, steal their ? , invite potnas over, start blowin' weed, then drank a muthafucka's drank, eat a muthafucka's Thanksgiving turkey and the crab legs and shrimp that was obviously for the gumbo. Those ? are scandalous as ? .

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash and she can keep the Raiders hat on
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That sista that did that story don't understand she just made it that much harder for her to be black in Detroit.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    the "local color" that lady used in describing the story was something else. "these cats went crazy,....they even had a bird in the oven"...love it.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember this lol. i cant believe they allow her to use that verbage
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's stories like this that really make me not want to live in Detroit and that story y'all just watch is the norm in the "D" which is sad. They had another report a few weeks back about the same ? but they confronted the squatter & arrested him. Detroit is not a place to live if you want to live comfortable. If you do find a nice neighborhood in Detroit it's like 3 nice houses then you got 1 or 2 abandoned homes next to them. ? is just sad.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    It's stories like this that really make me not want to live in Detroit and that story y'all just watch is the norm in the "D" which is sad. They had another report a few weeks back about the same ? but they confronted the squatter & arrested him. Detroit is not a place to live if you want to live comfortable. If you do find a nice neighborhood in Detroit it's like 3 nice houses then you got 1 or 2 abandoned homes next to them. ? is just sad.

I was Just in Detroit for a funeral, my cousins live on a nice block, Rosemont, right off the highway, but the surrounding area smh
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know the real estate game gotta be cheap af up there.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was Fox2 reporting the news, they are the hood of all stations.

Population is low. More houses than people. I'm bidding on a joint in The Boston Edison district, but even the neighborhood there is not full.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? finds out that its cold in the D:http://youtu.be/LvgBbJoSsVg
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the ? do we posedta keep peace?
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

It was Fox2 reporting the news, they are the hood of all stations.

Population is low. More houses than people. I'm bidding on a joint in The Boston Edison district, but even the neighborhood there is not full.

What's the bidding?

I'm thinking about buying some property up there
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit stand up
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was Just in Detroit for a funeral, my cousins live on a nice block, Rosemont, right off the highway, but the surrounding area smh

Exactly what I'm talking about you have 1 or 2 nice blocks in the neighborhood but the surrounding area is ? .
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Stay on yo property before yo copper come up missin'"
    ether and SMH at the same time
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly what I'm talking about you have 1 or 2 nice blocks in the neighborhood but the surrounding area is ? .

It's funny how Detroit was one of the top major cities and to see it now, its' sad. I had'nt been there since I was little but it's dry as hell now, and one of my cousins block they have the street lights out. WTF kind of ? is that?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

The Cheapest Skyscrapers In The World

By Tom Dyson, publisher, The Palm Beach Letter

http://www.dailywealth.com/952/the-cheapest-skyscrapers-in-the-world

"The announcement isn't official yet," said the doorman, "but McDonald's is opening up a restaurant on this corner next month."

Walking around downtown Detroit, I almost felt like I was in Manhattan for a second. There are dozens of skyscrapers, the buildings are beautiful, and you can feel this place used to be extremely prosperous. But that's where the comparison ends.

For one, there are no people in downtown Detroit. It was midday on a Tuesday. Except for a few beggars, a handful of office workers, and some city employees, the place is empty. There is scant traffic. It's quiet. And weirdly enough, it's very green. Trees grow on the roofs of high-rise buildings, ivy grows on their facades, and vacant lots are covered in tall grass. They call them "urban prairies" here, and they attract the coyotes that keep showing up on city streets.
    Another thing: Downtown Detroit has hardly any retail. Even the fast food restaurants that infest every other American city are missing. Why? Many of these beautiful skyscrapers are vacant. Windows are boarded up, smashed, or just swinging on their hinges. No office workers. Hence, no fast food customers, either.
    But now McDonald's is coming back in. Could it be a buy signal? I think so...

"Leases Now Available," "For Sale By Owner," "Free Utilities" – everywhere you look, there's space available.
    I met with a commercial realtor who showed me around town for a couple of hours.
    "The Book Building is one to think about," he said. "Rumor is the owner is behind on his utilities and has stopped servicing the elevators."

The Book's tower is 38 stories high. A New York outfit bought it in 2006, but it's given up on the development plans and now wants to unload it.

I couldn't believe what I saw. You can buy entire towers for peanuts. I really liked the 37-story David Stott building, pictured below. It's on the market today for $3.9 million.

20070524-chart_a.jpg

The 19-floor David Whitney Building is for sale, too. So is the 35-story David Broderick Tower. You could probably buy all three "Davids" for less than $10 million.

The reality is, dozens of skyscrapers are for sale in Detroit. In almost every case, their owners are desperate to unload them. And the best part? The city will beg you to get involved and bribe you with incentives.
    The Book-Cadillac Hotel is a good example and a symbol of Detroit's downtown renaissance.

The Book-Cadillac is a gorgeous building – a 32-story 1920s Italian Renaissance-style high-rise made of granite and limestone. In 1986, the city shuttered it and abandoned it for 20 years. In 2005, Kimberly-Clark nearly bought it. When it realized how much the refurbishing would cost, it backed out of the deal. The city panicked, knowing if it allowed the Book-Cadillac project to fall back into disrepair, it would scare everyone away again.

Instead, the city gave the property away to an outfit from Ohio. It followed that up by giving the new owners huge tax breaks AND huge subsidies to finish the work. The good news is, condos in the Book-Cadillac have sold out already.
    Now consider the 1001 Woodward building, a sleek 25-story high-rise. Developers are converting this building into condos. Brave indeed. It's hard to imagine anyone will buy them, let alone rent them, but that's the sentiment I like.
    The high-rise overlooks the Detroit River. From the 20th floor, I watched a 1,000-foot ore carriers chugging along the waterway, pumping out black smoke from its stacks as it pushed its load at what seemed a pretty good clip. It made me think: Detroit can handle huge ships. It has great rail and roadway infrastructure. This place has major advantages from a manufacturing point of view.

I'm going to keep a close eye on 1001 Woodward. It's the litmus test. It's at the very heart of Detroit, right in the center of the action. If they can't sell the condos in 1001 Woodward, then there's no hope for this city.
    The opportunity in Detroit makes the hairs on the back of my neck bristle... and I'm drooling over the price tags on some of these skyscrapers, but I must warn you: It's a bit like buying a French chateau. The purchase is the easy part. The rehab and maintenance take the real money.

But if you have the expertise and real money to spend, it's a fire sale here in Detroit.
    Good investing,

Tom

Detroit is the town to invest in. Property is hella cheap and the thing is the D isn't going to be ratchet forever. Anybody with some sense should know that. The sad part about is when those "good white folks," start coming back to Detroit and gentrifying the area, ? are going to be crying about rents going up and being displaced. ? , where where you when they were selling office towers for $5 million dollars and you could buy a ? 8,000 sq ft. mansion for $450,000. Why ? aren't trying to buy land and turn Detroit in an example of Black Excellence is beyond me.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"The announcement isn't official yet," said the doorman, "but McDonald's is opening up a restaurant on this corner next month."

Walking around downtown Detroit, I almost felt like I was in Manhattan for a second. There are dozens of skyscrapers, the buildings are beautiful, and you can feel this place used to be extremely prosperous. But that's where the comparison ends.

For one, there are no people in downtown Detroit. It was midday on a Tuesday. Except for a few beggars, a handful of office workers, and some city employees, the place is empty. There is scant traffic. It's quiet. And weirdly enough, it's very green. Trees grow on the roofs of high-rise buildings, ivy grows on their facades, and vacant lots are covered in tall grass. They call them "urban prairies" here, and they attract the coyotes that keep showing up on city streets.
    Another thing: Downtown Detroit has hardly any retail. Even the fast food restaurants that infest every other American city are missing. Why? Many of these beautiful skyscrapers are vacant. Windows are boarded up, smashed, or just swinging on their hinges. No office workers. Hence, no fast food customers, either.

"Leases Now Available," "For Sale By Owner," "Free Utilities" – everywhere you look, there's space available.
    I met with a commercial realtor who showed me around town for a couple of hours.
    "The Book Building is one to think about," he said. "Rumor is the owner is behind on his utilities and has stopped servicing the elevators."

The Book's tower is 38 stories high. A New York outfit bought it in 2006, but it's given up on the development plans and now wants to unload it.

I couldn't believe what I saw. You can buy entire towers for peanuts. I really liked the 37-story David Stott building, pictured below. It's on the market today for $3.9 million.

20070524-chart_a.jpg

The 19-floor David Whitney Building is for sale, too. So is the 35-story David Broderick Tower. You could probably buy all three "Davids" for less than $10 million.

The reality is, dozens of skyscrapers are for sale in Detroit. In almost every case, their owners are desperate to unload them. And the best part? The city will beg you to get involved and bribe you with incentives.
    The Book-Cadillac Hotel is a good example and a symbol of Detroit's downtown renaissance.

The Book-Cadillac is a gorgeous building – a 32-story 1920s Italian Renaissance-style high-rise made of granite and limestone. In 1986, the city shuttered it and abandoned it for 20 years. In 2005, Kimberly-Clark nearly bought it. When it realized how much the refurbishing would cost, it backed out of the deal. The city panicked, knowing if it allowed the Book-Cadillac project to fall back into disrepair, it would scare everyone away again.

Instead, the city gave the property away to an outfit from Ohio. It followed that up by giving the new owners huge tax breaks AND huge subsidies to finish the work. The good news is, condos in the Book-Cadillac have sold out already.
    Now consider the 1001 Woodward building, a sleek 25-story high-rise. Developers are converting this building into condos. Brave indeed. It's hard to imagine anyone will buy them, let alone rent them, but that's the sentiment I like.
    The high-rise overlooks the Detroit River. From the 20th floor, I watched a 1,000-foot ore carriers chugging along the waterway, pumping out black smoke from its stacks as it pushed its load at what seemed a pretty good clip. It made me think: Detroit can handle huge ships. It has great rail and roadway infrastructure. This place has major advantages from a manufacturing point of view.

I'm going to keep a close eye on 1001 Woodward. It's the litmus test. It's at the very heart of Detroit, right in the center of the action. If they can't sell the condos in 1001 Woodward, then there's no hope for this city.
    The opportunity in Detroit makes the hairs on the back of my neck bristle... and I'm drooling over the price tags on some of these skyscrapers, but I must warn you: It's a bit like buying a French chateau. The purchase is the easy part. The rehab and maintenance take the real money.

But if you have the expertise and real money to spend, it's a fire sale here in Detroit.
    Good investing,

Tom

Detroit is the town to invest in. Property is hella cheap and the thing is the D isn't going to be ratchet forever. Anybody with some sense should know that. The sad part about is when those "good white folks," start coming back to Detroit and gentrifying the area, ? are going to be crying about rents going up and being displaced. ? , where where you when they were selling office towers for $5 million dollars and you could a ? 8,000 sq ft. mansion for $450,000. Why ? aren't trying to buy land and turn Detroit in an example of Black Excellence is beyond me.

Rex, I agree with you. I just bought 2 condos on the riverfront for under 60k together, and collecting property.

Blacks need to unite, and take advantage of this situation.

@T . Sanford, The bidding process depends on where and what you want to spend. You could easily cop a 3bed 2 bath for 50k in a decent neighborhood. I am into the historic districts, and the houses are all 5 bedroom plus. The current house I'm bidding on is 179k, but was appraised at 420k in 08. It needs minor work, but it's a hell of a deal. There are plenty deals to be found, I encourage all Blacks to come and invest, and create our OWN haven.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

20070524-chart_a.jpg

Good investing,

Tom

Detroit is the town to invest in. Property is hella cheap and the thing is the D isn't going to be ratchet forever. Anybody with some sense should know that. The sad part about is when those "good white folks," start coming back to Detroit and gentrifying the area, ? are going to be crying about rents going up and being displaced. ? , where where you when they were selling office towers for $5 million dollars and you could a ? 8,000 sq ft. mansion for $450,000. Why ? aren't trying to buy land and turn Detroit in an example of Black Excellence is beyond me.

Rex, I agree with you. I just bought 2 condos on the riverfront for under 60k together, and collecting property.

Blacks need to unite, and take advantage of this situation.

@T . Sanford, The bidding process depends on where and what you want to spend. You could easily cop a 3bed 2 bath for 50k in a decent neighborhood. I am into the historic districts, and the houses are all 5 bedroom plus. The current house I'm bidding on is 179k, but was appraised at 420k in 08. It needs minor work, but it's a hell of a deal. There are plenty deals to be found, I encourage all Blacks to come and invest, and create our OWN haven.

Trill ? ? bruh. I haven't started off my real estate career yet but I'm about 2-3 months away from getting into it. Me & my brother in law is going to merge money & get into it. Imma most def tell him that we need to expand to Detroit where the real estate is low right now. Hopefully, my cousin & cousin in law get in on it too since they are in real estate too.

I might be up there next month for vacation. While I'm there imma try to look at some property