Lil' Kim/Ray J throw shots @ Nicki Minaj..Aubrey(Drake) & Nicki respond..

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ talking about "Nicki on the billboard 100 9 times". Lil Kim has multi-platinum album and serveral platinum albums and serveral platinum SINGLES also. "Massive Attack" bombed where Lil Kim's 1st single was an instant Hit on the charts. Until Nicki even goes Platinum she can't be mentioned with Lil Kim. Looks like Drake is really emotional about this, here's a new interview where he talks about Lil Kim more:

http://feedoffrap.com/blog/2010/06/drake-on-lil-kim-video/

"Lil Kim is losing it, what she did ain't "G".

Man this guy needs to shut his mouth about Lil Kim, real talk. He's the one over doing it getting in Female Beef. Did Lil Kim say Drake's name? NO, why is he so damn emotional about this? He's obviously got his face in you know who's ? .

what hell does aubrey know about being G.. the ? is former child actor.. this ? needs stay in his pop/rnb lane...
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *throws in my two cent*

I remember when Nicki first came out she said she wanted be looked at as one the strong female rappers

she said Kim and Foxy inspired her because they were from N.Y too

how much ? riding does Kim expect her to do? I mean seriously

I don't know the whole story but Kim is lookin a lil bitter right now

If I believed Kim wrote her own lyrics I would say they should go bar for bar

oh nevermind I forgot............people with money are above battling each other
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ talking about "Nicki on the billboard 100 9 times". Lil Kim has multi-platinum album and serveral platinum albums and serveral platinum SINGLES also. "Massive Attack" bombed where Lil Kim's 1st single was an instant Hit on the charts. Until Nicki even goes Platinum she can't be mentioned with Lil Kim.
    So platinum albums and singles make you a legend now...that's what its come to??

This whole situation isn't even about achievements, but let me school you on something. Kim has had 3 platinum albums and only ONE platinum single her long 17 year career. Comparing achievements of Nicki's career to the career of Kim's, which is about 10x as long, is a moot point to begin with, but Nicki is way ahead of Kim at this stage in her career.

Nicki has had 9 Billboard Hot 100 entries within the past 5 months...Kim has had 20 her entire almost 2 decade career.
    She's been on 2 platinum singles already
    She's been on the singles of A-list artists (Mariah Carey, Christina Agularia, Robin Thicke, Lil Wayne).
    She's has gotten the respect and co-signs from some of the music industry's greats (Jay-Z, Diddy, Beyonce, Nas, Chrisette Michelle, ect)

And all of this BEFORE she's even dropped her debut album. What did Kim do before her debut album besides be Biggie's ? ?

Yeah Massive Attack was a flop...but it was a horrible, uncatchy song that wasn't even promoted and probably won't even be on her album. But let's talk about her 2nd single and how it's going to debut on the Billboard Hot 100 tomorrow...a chart that none of Kim's songs have seen in half a decade.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    And it doesn't matter what Drake knows, what he said is 100% right. Real legends don't go demanding respect from people, especially individual people. Kim is just showing her feelings.
  • SupermanBauce
    SupermanBauce Members Posts: 391
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kim is a washed up rapper looking for some buzz

whatd you expect?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    So platinum albums and singles make you a legend now...that's what its come to??

This whole situation isn't even about achievements, but let me school you on something. Kim has had 3 platinum albums and only ONE platinum single her long 17 year career. Comparing achievements of Nicki's career to the career of Kim's, which is about 10x as long, is a moot point to begin with, but Nicki is way ahead of Kim at this stage in her career.

Nicki has had 9 Billboard Hot 100 entries within the past 5 months...Kim has had 20 her entire almost 2 decade career.
    She's been on 2 platinum singles already
    She's been on the singles of A-list celebrities (Mariah Carey, Christina Agularia, Robin Thicke, Lil Wayne).
    She's has gotten the respect and co-signs from some of the music industry's greats (Jay-Z, Diddy, Beyonce, Nas, Chrisette Michelle, ect)

And all of this BEFORE she's even dropped her debut album. What did Kim do before her debut album besides be Biggie's ? ?

how is her debut single doing right now?...
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how is her debut single doing right now?...
    Flopping. But I'm sorry you're still stuck on that song. Her second single is the song with the #4 biggest airplay spin increases in the entire United States right now, most added to Urban format and most added to Rhythmic. It's also Top 25 on iTunes and still rising. Anything else you wanna ask?
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ talking about "Nicki on the billboard 100 9 times". Lil Kim has multi-platinum album and serveral platinum albums and serveral platinum SINGLES also. "Massive Attack" bombed where Lil Kim's 1st single was an instant Hit on the charts. Until Nicki even goes Platinum she can't be mentioned with Lil Kim. Looks like Drake is really emotional about this, here's a new interview where he talks about Lil Kim more:

http://feedoffrap.com/blog/2010/06/drake-on-lil-kim-video/

"Lil Kim is losing it, what she did ain't "G".

Man this guy needs to shut his mouth about Lil Kim, real talk. He's the one over doing it getting in Female Beef. Did Lil Kim say Drake's name? NO, why is he so damn emotional about this? He's obviously got his face in you know who's ? .

Hell, Kim came right OUT THE GATE on a platinum album. Wasn't "Conspiracy" certified?

How's that Young Money album doing?
  • SupermanBauce
    edited June 2010
    Options
    be real ?
    kim is a legend for being a ?

sure, she could rap, but thats not what the ? shes known for
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *puke* @ drake saying kim dissin nicki "wasnt G"...as if this dude can speak on anything bein "G"

foh
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    be real ?
    kim is a legend for being a ?

sure, she could rap, but thats not what the ? shes known for
    If you wanna be real...Kim didn't even know how to rap. One day after she spit out Biggie's load of ? , he said that she was gonna TEACH her how to rap, and throw her in his rap group full of his cousins and neighborhood friends. Biggie taught Kim how to rap, gave her a style to run with, and pen her entire first album.

Lil' Kim didn't even have intentions of becoming a rapper. Have you ever heard a Lil Kim demo? Old unreleased songs? Videos of her on the come up? She probably rapped songs on the radio with her friends in the car, but that's about it. And that's real talk.
  • SupermanBauce
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you wanna be real...Kim didn't even know how to rap. One day after she spit out Biggie's load of ? , he said that she was gonna TEACH her how to rap, and throw her in his rap group full of his cousins and neughborhood friends. Biggie taught Kim how to rapped, gave her a style to run with, and pen her entire first album.

Lil' Kim didn't even have intentions of becoming a rapper. Have you ever heard a Lil Kim demo? Old unreleased footage? Videos of her on the come up? She probably rapped songso n the radio with her friends in the car, but that's about it. And that's real talk.

yea but i can say the same for nicki and how she came in the game biting kim, then used wayne's style when she got on
    theyre both the same in my opinion

the only difference is, kim did it first
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea but i can say the same for nicki and how she came in the game biting kim, then used wayne's style when she got on
    theyre both the same in my opinion

the only difference is, kim did it first
    No, the difference is that Kim never had a mind of her own. Nicki admits that when she first came into the game, that she thought she had to be like other female rappers that were out (which is why she was so similar to Kim back then). Now she's creating her own lane. Nicki wasn't"taught" how to rap. She was in the underground curcuit with the HoodStars group, doing back-up singing and rapping with Stack Bundles, made it on the Come Up DVD, got spotted by Wayne and signed. She also writes her own lyrics (and writes songs for other artists).

Kim was immidiately put into her spot and had everything handed to her. She didn't have to do anything but read a piece of paper in the studio and wear clothes other people told her to wear. Seriously. Can you name a single rapper who has fallen off lyrically, creatively, productively, and artistically as much as Lil Kim has? That just goes to show that she had little to do with it in the first place.
  • SupermanBauce
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea youre right
    kim influenced nicki, while BIG taught kim
    sounds about right

i dont see why ? in here defending kim like that. the only reason shes a "legend" is because she rapped about suckin ? before everyone else did. call her a trendsetter
    i can see if youre a fan, but usually only broads are fans of hers
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's the thing. I'll give her props on being the person to fill the void she did and taking female rap to a horizon it hadn't touch before (even if it did decrease the ability aspect of female rappers and made people focus more on image and shock value), and yeah she did spit fire (even though it was other people's fire)...but that's about it. Her music didn't DO anything else, and she had little creative control over her career. So other than those things, she can't be demanding respect like that.

I don't care how many platinum albums she has. Didn't Vanilla Ice go Diamond? You can miss me by far with that ? excuse, especially since most of her hits were from dickriding featured artists more famous than her.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Double phone post
  • SupermanBauce
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its not about her getting respect or nicki paying homage (which she actually has done anyway)

kim is just goin after who's hot right now cause she's washed up
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Conspiracy goup LP - Platinum
    Get Money single - Platinum
    Playa's Anthem single - Gold
    Hard Core - 2x Platinum
    No Time single - Gold
    Not Tonight/Crush On You single - Platinum
    Notorious K.I.M. - Platinum
    Labella Mafia - Platinum
    The Naked Truth - Gold
    Lady Marmalade single - 2x Platinum
    Let It Go single - Platinum

Album Sales - 5 Million
    Single Sales - 6 Million

Nicki got a long way to go. Also again nobody is saying Lil' Kim is a "Legend" like a Patti Labelle, from a Hip Hop standpoint, she's a Legend in this genre and her worldwide fame for a female emcee is a reason. I don't know if we will see this type of success for a female sex symbol emcee again. Also Drake is the last person that should talking about what's "G" and want isn't "G". Man BK is going to have to put him in his place.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2010
    Options

Yeah Massive Attack was a flop...but it was a horrible, uncatchy song that wasn't even promoted and probably won't even be on her album. But let's talk about her 2nd single and how it's going to debut on the Billboard Hot 100 tomorrow...a chart that none of Kim's songs have seen in half a decade.

lol smh cham u should b ashamed of ya self still up herr stannin fa that fake plastic barbie nikki garbaj after she embrass'd u wit that massive attack ? nikki garbage 2nd single is floppin 2 like da 1st,.,.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Conspiracy goup LP - Platinum
    Get Money single - Platinum
    Playa's Anthem single - Gold
    Hard Core - 2x Platinum
    No Time single - Gold
    Not Tonight/Crush On You single - Platinum
    Notorious K.I.M. - Platinum
    Labella Mafia - Platinum
    The Naked Truth - Gold
    Lady Marmalade single - 2x Platinum
    Let It Go single - Platinum

Album Sales - 5 Million
    Single Sales - 6 Million

Nicki got a long way to go. Also again nobody is saying Lil' Kim is a "Legend" like a Patti Labelle, from a Hip Hop standpoint, she's a Legend in this genre and her worldwide fame for a female emcee is a reason. I don't know if we will see this type of success for a female sex symbol emcee again. Also Drake is the last person that should talking about what's "G" and want isn't "G". Man BK is going to have to put him in his place.
    Eve and Missy Elliott aer far more successful female rappers than Kim. Buit again, I don't care how many statistics and sale figures you throw in my face...especially since Nicki is already done half of that 6 Million in singles. Hate him or love him, Drake is 100% right. That's pathetic that Kim stooped on the level of KEYS to do some childish ? like that and demand respect frmo a newbie.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Eve and Missy Elliott aer far more successful female rappers than Kim. Buit again, I don't care how many statistics and sale figures you throw in my face...especially since Nicki is already done half of that 6 Million in singles. Hate him or love him, Drake is 100% right. That's pathetic that Kim stooped on the level of KEYS to do some childish ? like that and demand respect frmo a newbie.

Eve is not more successful than Kim.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    2nd single is floppin 2 like da 1st,.,.
    LOL says who?? Gee, you're pretty funny but you almost never make sense.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL says who?? Gee, you're pretty funny but you almost never make sense.

lol plz u neva make sense stannin fa this barbie wtf is da name of nikkiz 2nd single thatz debutin on da billboard hot 100???
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Eve is not more successful than Kim.
    stEVE is more successful than Kim in almost every aspect. Hit records, clothing lines, movies, television...shall I bring out the statistic??
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    lol plz u neva make sense stannin fa this barbie wtf is da name of nikkiz 2nd single thatz debutin on da billboard hot 100???
    You'll find out when you see it on there.