Pregnant Woman Loses Eye After Police Fire Bean Bag During Ferguson-Related Protest

MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
MAIN-Bean-Bag-Round-injury.jpg

http://youtu.be/b_7YyGreF4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFjZ1nccKk

screen-shot-2014-12-01-at-1-06-46-pm-e1417457237831.png?w=838&h=410

A pregnant St. Louis woman wants justice after she lost her left eye in a violent run-in with police early Tuesday at the edge of Ferguson, Mo.

Before Dornnella Conner went for a ride into the hell that engulfed St. Louis suburb on Monday night, she shared an illustration with her Facebook friends of Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin walking arm-in-arm – along with her own thoughts: “RIP – feeling mad.”

Just hours later she would be part of the tragic storyline when a police officer fired a non-lethal bean bag round at the car her boyfriend was driving, shattering the passenger side window and leaving her face a ? mess, according to reports.

“I will have justice for what they did to me,” Conner wrote on Facebook Thursday. “But I’m happy I’m alive.”

Protesters took to the streets when a St. Louis grand jury chose not to charge police officer Darren Wilson in the Aug. 9 shooting death of Brown.

The couple was parked at the BP gas station on New Halls Ferry Road in St. Louis, just north of the mayhem in Ferguson, when police moved in to clear the area. Police reported gun fire from the gas station and eventually made 16 arrests, KMOV reported.

Police also claim someone tried to run down an officer, who fired at the car fearing for his safety. Turns out, Conner was struck. Doctors were unable to save her left eye and Conner reports blurry vision in the other.

lefteye29n-2-web.jpg?enlarged
A police officer fired a non-lethal bean bag round at the car Conner's boyfriend was driving, shattering the passenger side window and leaving her face a ? mess,

“My sister can now only see one side of things – literally,” Conner’s sister, who goes by the name Tikal Goldie, told KMOV. “I really just want to have closure and justice for my sister.”

Conner said she and her beau were just bystanders caught up in an unfortunate situation.

Now she’s disabled and police have issued a warrant for her boyfriend’s arrest

Comments