Red Dead Redemption Coming To PS4/Xbox One March 2015?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just like GTA V, Red Dead Redemption is going to the PS4, Xbox One and PC as revealed on PAX Prime if the reports are to be believed.

Cyberland reported that the Red Dead game series is going to the PS4, Xbox One and PC and Red Dead Redemption PS4, Xbox One and PC version was allegedly shown behind closed doors at PAX Prime and that's not all, the Red Dead Redemption PS4, Xbox One and PC version release date has been allegedly set for March 2015!

It should be noted that earlier this year, VG 24/7 has reported that Red Dead Redemption "appeared on a database made by Microsoft to help in determining application compatibility with its various operating systems."

According to the report of VG 24/7, The Red Dead Redemption PC version was shown with various compatibility statuses for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

But the good news for RDR fans doesn't stop there as the Red Dead Redemption 2 release date is set for next year, Fall 2015 if the reports are to be believed.

In a report by the Motoring Crunch, they have spotted the profile of senior game developer at Rockstar on a social networking site, it appears that the next game that Rockstar is working on right now is Red Dead Redemption 2.

According to the Motoring Crunch, The senior engineer, Feinstein, revealed that he is working on a sequel to a famous IP from Rockstar. The lad is was part of the team that brought the Max Payne series. Based on the reveal, only three titles are in contention for getting a sequel.

They are identified as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and Manhunt. All three are Rockstar's success stories and they all deserve a sequel. However, Red Dead Redemption is the most popular of the pack.

As reported by Cyberland, Red Dead Redemption 2 release date was tentatively set at Fall 2015 and with Rockstar working on it right now, gamers should expect an E3 2015 announcement and the Red Dead Redemption 2 release date on Novemnber 2015 for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good-times-damn-damn-damn-o.gif

? I need a ps4, the one time I choose not to get the next generation they pull this ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Won't come out until 2016 dealing with rockstar
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    YAY! Another remake! Looks like next gen is filled with a lot of remakes. Give us something new. A lot are suckers buying the same again with prettier graphics, giving companies $120+ tax but complain about $5-$10 DLC. I'd rather have DLC than pay $60+ tax for the same game again with prettier graphics. If you never played the game, get it but if you have, what the hell is the point? I'd get RDR2 though...
  • reapin505
    Options
    Did any of yall play red dead revolver? I always meant to but never purchased the game. Was it in any way related to redemption?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Did any of yall play red dead revolver? I always meant to but never purchased the game. Was it in any way related to redemption?

yea i still have it never finished it so i cant say what the relationship is between the two games..i got stuck on this civil war general boss dude, just gave up lol.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same as him^...some girl I was talking to gave it to me but I never ended up finishing it...RDR isn't a sequel to Red Dead and there's not relation just the same franchise only thing they have in common is the scar on their face
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Redemption is one of the few games that still stands the test of time. I already replayed it earlier this year and still enjoyed it even after all this time. Folks who wanna play it should go ahead and get that last gen used copy for $15 or less maybe.

Paying another $60 dollars for that game is ridiculous, especially when the sequel is dropping the same year.

This is what we get for letting them do this ? with GTAV, though.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I beat RD Revolver on PS2 it was a good game but I dont remember much of it

I dont think it was really open world like the new one
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    It was a linear game.....it was like RE6
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yah another remake for $60
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill skip trhis and just wait for the New one. I played the hell out of the first one lol.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never beat RDR didn't even make it to Mexico. I just couldn't get into it. Sick of all the remakes, aren't they bringing over Max Payne 3 to PS4 and Box One too?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? I need a ps4, the one time I choose not to get the next generation they pull this ? .

You can always change your mind.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only saw RDR2
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John The Gawd Marston. Jack
    the Dons vengeance isn't finished it's about time for a sequel. I will definitely be getting that next gen for it.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

You can always change your mind.

One of my favorite games of the last generation of consoles, there will be no skipping if only to play the story with better graphics. This ? damn near beat MGS4 for my favorite game for awhile.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always wanted to play red dead redemption but never got around to it. Guess I'll play on next gen when I get one.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    the Dons vengeance isn't finished it's about time for a sequel. I will definitely be getting that next gen for it.

He avenged his fathers murder at the end of the game tho so I wonder how the new game's direction is going to be if it is with his son...which I doubt cuz I'm pretty sure they're going to make a whole new map
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He avenged his fathers murder at the end of the game tho so I wonder how the new game's direction is going to be if it is with his son...which I doubt cuz I'm pretty sure they're going to make a whole new map

He only took out one guy.
    Outside that barn was a lineup of sons of ? that did that
  • IamNumberOne
    Options

He only took out one guy.
    Outside that barn was a lineup of sons of ? that did that

He took out the main guy tho the guy that employed him that agent....when I finished that mission 1st thing I thought was wow they just ended their chances of a sequel