What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

First R&B artists Ive checked for in over a decade

D.OriginalD.Original Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in The Reason
FKA Twigs. This girl is dope! reminds me of Aaliyah. Shes from London but shes starting make a name for herself in the US. And she makes her own beats, dont tell me thats not hiphop....

za'kiss

Replies

• za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    FKA twigs is dope. R&B is at a high point right now. A lot of dope underground experimental R&B out there with the likes of twigs, Sampha, Kelela, Jhene Aiko, The Weeknd, Solange, and SZA.
    2eg413t.gif
    D.Original
  • D.OriginalD.Original Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    za'kiss wrote: »
    FKA twigs is dope. R&B is at a high point right now. A lot of dope underground experimental R&B out there with the likes of twigs, Sampha, Kelela, Jhene Aiko, The Weeknd, Solange, and SZA.

i only know a couple of tho names from TDE but havent heard their solo stuff tho. im gona youtube em right now and see whats good,
    za'kiss
    Check out Kelela for sure. Real hard hitting deep bass music with throwback 90s R&B vocals. The Weeknd too, of course.

You might also like Tinashe. 2On is a nice club hit, but her album and mixtape work as way more experimental and atmospheric.

Most of these artists pay a huge debt to Sade and Aaliyah.

A few tracks I like:

2eg413t.gif
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erykah>>>>>
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif