2»

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    How come the Wu tang B team couldn't get it together? I'm talking about U ? , Masta Killa and Inspecta Deck. And even though he had a GOAT debut, I guess you could add GZA to the list. They all had skills, they all had connections but now it's 20 years down the line and these guys (except for GZA) don't have any memorable moments or time in the spotlight except for when they were rolling with the clan.

In contrast, Method Man, RZA, Raekwon, Ghostface and Old ? Bastard had careers outside of Wu Tang and could survive outside of the clan if they were to break up tomorrow (except ODB).

What do you guys think, is it talent or work ethic? Or personality?

And for the record, I'm not talking ? about the Wu B team, I tried to get on around the time they came out and never had the success they had.

...Masta Killa's No Said Date album is underrated...That was a dope release...The album just got slept on...

...Built 4 cuban linx spoke on the Inspecta Deck situation...No excuses for U-? tho'...lol

Although I haven't heard said album, I believe you when you say it's hot. but the question still remains, why was it slept on? How come the Wu fans didn't support it?

Also, Deck's album got lost in a flood. O.K so how come he didn't record another album that was just as good?

I'm inclined to think anybody in Wu could get whoever they want to make tracks for them, Premiere, Just Blaze, Kanye West, or whoever is the new hot producer. I think some of the Wu members got complacent. They're satisfied being members of the clan and just don't have the ambition to go solo. That's how it seems to me, otherwise Deck would have got all the hot producers to replace the album that was lost.

Nah man ghost rae ? can prolly get who they want, everyone else is gonna be outta there. I mean if I made beats I wouldn't give master Killah ? . That ? almost killed triumph and everyone else murked it even ugod had a decent verse. He did have 2 dope tracks on one of his lps I think it was the 1st
    MK had the most memorable line on the whole though.
    "the dumb is mostly intrigued by the drum"
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very strong album.
    I like it all except maybe "miracle" and that's not bad, its just kinda....dull.
  • aladdin1978
    Options
    Can a ? get a lank

hotlink.jpg
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening now...
  • ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First listen and this seems like a good fkin album man. Seems like a nice mix of the live band sound mixed with more classic wu type beats, everyone seems to get a chance to shine (yo wtf is u ? up to? He's killin it) ..some of these tracks are bringing straight funk as well, preachers daughter works as a track..I was worried when I heard the snip of the chorus but its decent

Miracle is a dope track but that hook is odd af, like some disney aladdin ?

Hold the heater had me pullin a screwface

Just got to to necklace, gonna smoke some more and hear this.. but seems great so far and there's so many verses I haven't even digested anywhere near properly yet
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First listen and this seems like a good fkin album man. Seems like a nice mix of the live band sound mixed with more classic wu type beats, everyone seems to get a chance to shine (yo wtf is u ? up to? He's killin it) ..some of these tracks are bringing straight funk as well, preachers daughter works as a track..I was worried when I heard the snip of the chorus but its decent

Miracle is a dope track but that hook is odd af, like some disney aladdin ?

Hold the heater had me pullin a screwface

Just got to to necklace, gonna smoke some more and hear this.. but seems great so far and there's so many verses I haven't even digested anywhere near properly yet

...Yea you high as ? b...

• aladdin1978
    Options
    The title track is the truth. Rae's verse hits hard.