Carter 5 Thread

Options
Kellmill
Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is there really no Carter 5 thread. I know that's gotta not be true, but I'm still lazy from being stuffed with too much thanksgiving food to do a search. Mods please help me out. Thanks

Comments

• ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton made a carter5 thread, but it was so ? a butterfly picked it up and flew away with it
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not yet I'll let you know when it's time though
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo @bcotton‌ hook me up with Shanell
  • Kellmill
    Options
    To the mods-- this is potentially the last Carter album (most popular album series) from the most famous rapper in the world. I know B.Cotton overdoes at times, but there should be a thread where we can discuss the album/ news/ etc. Some of us actually listen to his music. I've seen threads get started on here for albums 2 months down the road. Tha Carter 5 drops on the 9th. If you delete this imma need yall to explain yourselves first
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    To the mods-- this is potentially the last Carter album (most popular album series) from the most famous rapper in the world. I know B.Cotton overdoes at times, but there should be a thread where we can discuss the album/ news/ etc. Some of us actually listen to his music. I've seen threads get started on here for albums 2 months down the road. Tha Carter 5 drops on the 9th. If you delete this imma need yall to explain yourselves first

nah Ill make the thread in a couple days , I got a few more threads to make before I put that one out there
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album should be a datpiff exclusive
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I don't think he retiring but just gonna stop making albums which is good for him
  • Kellmill
    Options
    @Icebergtaylor make it your new years resolution to hop off my nuts bro.
  • Kellmill
    Options
    Anyone down for a debate thread between me and @Icebergtaylor. If I win then he will have to hop off my nuts permanently, and stick to Wiz Khalifa's.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album droppin on the 9th?!?!? Lol wayne has no buzz at all on the blocc

December 9th gonna be epic Ghostface,E-40,prhyme and possibly carter 5 all droppin
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Anyone down for a debate thread between me and @Icebergtaylor. If I win then he will have to hop off my nuts permanently, and stick to Wiz Khalifa's.

Mind you
    I seen you in that other thread
    Being Bcotton's meat hugging cosign
    In a post directed at me
    LMAO now you mad.
    You can ask for a debate thread I wont participate in it.
    I got bigger things to do than debate with someone easily trolled by a simple reaction
    The irony of you telling me to "hop off your nuts" while you dig up threads from months ago just to click "wack" or to flag on my post. Lol you sound so stupid & look so weak.

Good thing my favorite artists are Lupe Fiasco, Hov, Budden, Nas, Ye, Cole, Raekwon and Pusha T to name a few.... all miles ahead before Wiz
    Cause you and a few other sad character sure are riding this "Ice is a fan of Khalifa" thing to the ground.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

overdoes it sometimes? lol that's an understatement

• irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options
    this ? prolly aint even droppin, my boy told me one of the ymcmb producers just tweeted that it aint gonna drop. tweet was deleted tho

people dont really seem to give a ? about this album tho, singles been wack
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    This album droppin on the 9th?!?!? Lol wayne has no buzz at all on the blocc

December 9th gonna be epic Ghostface,E-40,prhyme and possibly carter 5 all droppin

Yo, what you mean no buzz? He has that "radio smash single" with Christina Milian
    Mike+Woodson+Face.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Idk why Wayne cares about singles in a day and age where the top artists are just doing away with the whole album roll out. Just drop the album. He's still gonna do 700k first week cause he's Wayne.
  • Kellmill
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Every time I post something you flag it. You don't have time? You spend all day on this site g. Look at your post count, numbers dont lie. If I made a post about Wiz at 3 am and I guarantee your captain save a ass will be there to flag me
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Idk why Wayne cares about singles in a day and age where the top artists are just doing away with the whole album roll out. Just drop the album. He's still gonna do 700k first week cause he's Wayne.

his last album did 217K first week and his last carter album in 2011 sold nearly a milli week one but that was mostly because back then he had the drake nikki parade running the game so wayne was anticipated to be just as dope. Even that albums buzz faded quickly.

In 2008 or 09 a wayne single was worth an arm a leg and his albums at that time were anticipated. 5 or 6 years later people realize he ran outta steam and honestly while i dont care for drake he is the #1 artist for YMCMB right now. Even nikkis time seems expired or about to end as Iggy has really out Barbie'd the barbie herself for that lane.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Every time I post something you flag it. You don't have time? You spend all day on this site g. Look at your post count, numbers dont lie. If I made a post about Wiz at 3 am and I guarantee your captain save a ass will be there to flag me

Prove all this.
    Your "but but look at your post count" excuse is irrelevant when me and a few others have been here for years. I go to school, work full time and run a business while your ass is crying over me on the internet.
    I havent been in a Wiz thread for as long as I can remember since I've publicly stated I cant ? with a ? with purple dreads. You've been so easily trolled its hilarious watching how enraged you've gotten.
    You cant even stay on topic in your own thread! And you changed the subject!
    So prove the bolded or shut the eff up forever in the words of Charlagmane
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

his last album did 217K first week and his last carter album in 2011 sold nearly a milli week one but that was mostly because back then he had the drake nikki parade running the game so wayne was anticipated to be just as dope. Even that albums buzz faded quickly.

In 2008 or 09 a wayne single was worth an arm a leg and his albums at that time were anticipated. 5 or 6 years later people realize he ran outta steam and honestly while i dont care for drake he is the #1 artist for YMCMB right now. Even nikkis time seems expired or about to end as Iggy has really out Barbie'd the barbie herself for that lane.

His last album before C4 did about the same 200K first week and than C4 came out and nearly did a millie. "Tha Carter" has now become almost like a household brand. Which is exactly why he's milking the ? out of it now. Ppl wanna feel the same way they felt when C3 came out. So til proven otherwise, I have no reason to think he wont do numbers with C5 no matter the lack of buzz or poppin single. Which is strange considering that one joint with Drake did pretty well.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    They're rolling it out in an unconventional way since Carter 5 part 2 /Carter 6 is coming out like 2 months after

They didn't drop when believe me was #1 on the charts because the album wasn't done yet

this is the last post I'm making in this thread

Official Carter 5 thread coming soon
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man, there's a Carter 6?!?! This ? running this to the ground word to Saw/Jason/Freddy/Fast&Furious
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Man, there's a Carter 6?!?! This ? running this to the ground word to Saw/Jason/Freddy/Fast&Furious

Nah wayne said he doing two carter 5s
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    1 more post real quick

Is Wiz Khalifa Featured On Lil Wayne’s “Tha Carter V” Album?

lil-wayne-tha-carter-5-album-cover.jpg

Wiz Khalifa has hinted that he will be featured on Lil Wayne‘s upcoming Tha Carter V album. In the latest episode of his “DayToday” vlog, Wiz asks Young Thug in their studio session if he has heard his C5 verse and then previews one line from it before the camera cuts off.

There is no official confirmation just yet on if Weezy F Baby and Wiz Khalifa‘ collaboration made Tha Carter V, or what part of C5 it will appear on. If have been living under a rock, the first part of Tunechi‘s album will be released in less than a month on December 9th.

You can watch the Wiz Khalifa “DayToday” episode below. Be sure to skip to the 4:12 mark to see the part about Tha Carter V. We’ve previously heard Wiz and Wayne work together on “Work Hard, Play Hard (Remix)“, as well as both feature on the “Sleazy (Remix)” and “Celebration” songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eac2rHTUcw4

Read more at http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2014/11/wiz-khalifa-featured-lil-wayne-tha-carter-5-album/#yVh1SMoAu8ORq3TW.99
    Read more at http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2014/11/wiz-khalifa-featured-lil-wayne-tha-carter-5-album/#yVh1SMoAu8ORq3TW.99
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Nah wayne said he doing two carter 5s

Right, I forgot that.
    And I dont even understand the point of that.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    B.o.B Says Him Being Featured On Lil Wayne’s “Tha Carter V” Album Is A “Strong Possibility”

lil-wayne-studio-bob-ashanti-dinner-ymcmb-family-philippe-chow.jpg

Back in June, we saw a photo of Lil Wayne in the studio working with B.o.B and Ashanti that had the caption “Greatness in the works”. Then last month, Weezy F Baby showed off a tentative tracklisting for his upcoming Tha Carter V album, due to drop on December 9th.

On the tracklist, there was a song listed called “Brad Pitt” featuring B.o.B. In a recent interview with Rap-Up, which you can check out below, B.o.B would not confirm or deny if this collaboration was real, but he did say that there is “strong possibility” he has something coming out with Tune.

The last time these two rappers collaborated was on B.o.B‘s “Strange Clouds” single back in 2011. Wayniacs would you like to see B.o.B. on Tha Carter V? Also if B.o.B is featured on the C5 project, there is no official word on what album part the song will appear on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NH89U2e30gU

Read more at http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2014/11/bob-featured-on-lil-wayne-tha-carter-5-album-strong-possibility/#OcYKfGtzgMuvrkOl.99

Read more at http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2014/11/bob-featured-on-lil-wayne-tha-carter-5-album-strong-possibility/#OcYKfGtzgMuvrkOl.99