No Role Models, Oh Word?

Options
Strokenoff
Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
In this day in age a lot of people like to say that young black men have no role models. That's ? , young black men have tons of roles models now a days. I'd wager to say that a problem is young black women don't have role models.

This isn't a I hate women thread, but check it. There was a time where for black women, being respected out weighed being desired. Women like Maya Angelou and such were looked up as women to emulate.

Nowadays the perception among young women is that being desired is the most important thing. That being respected is secondary. Take the young sista from the Olympics. Did a great thing winning medals, could've had her work ethic upheld as something to strive for.

Instead it was her looks, her hair, that were held up in the face of young black women as being substandard. It's not that I'm saying it's a downfall of black women or correcting it will fix every issue. Just that, who was the last smart and dignified but somewhat unattractive black woman you seen upheld as a standard of emulation.

Comments