2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    From Supreme Court Justice Scalia:

scalia.jpg

"It is the grand jury’s function not ‘to enquire … upon what foundation [the charge may be] denied,’ or otherwise to try the suspect’s defenses, but only to examine ‘upon what foundation [the charge] is made’ by the prosecutor. neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/26/3597322/justice-scalia-explains-what-was-wrong-with-the-ferguson-grand-jury/

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY? The govt of Ferguson and its police department is run by criminals and crooks. Mccoluch the prosecutor should resign. The people of Ferguson in the next local elections need to elect politicians who will remove Mccoluch from the prosecutor's office, and force the head of the Ferguson PD to resign.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice Scalia is a "strict constructionist," meaning that you have to interpret the Constution based on what's in the document or based on the Founders intent. In other words if the Constitution says it's cool to do something, do it. If it doesn't say it's cool to do something, don't go around making ? up.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

scalia.jpg

"It is the grand jury’s function not ‘to enquire … upon what foundation [the charge may be] denied,’ or otherwise to try the suspect’s defenses, but only to examine ‘upon what foundation [the charge] is made’ by the prosecutor. neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/26/3597322/justice-scalia-explains-what-was-wrong-with-the-ferguson-grand-jury/

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY? The govt of Ferguson and its police department is run by criminals and crooks. Mccoluch the prosecutor should resign. The people of Ferguson in the next local elections need to elect politicians who will remove Mccoluch from the prosecutor's office, and force the head of the Ferguson PD to resign.

Resign? Sounds a bit extreme

He has a clear bias though, with his father being killed with his own gun in the line of duty by a Black suspect
    A different prosecutor should have taken this case
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

scalia.jpg

Resign? Sounds a bit extreme

He has a clear bias though, with his father being killed with his own gun in the line of duty by a Black suspect
    A different prosecutor should have taken this case

The way the investigation was done was so corrupt and so disgraceful (he never cross examined Darren Wilson, what kind of grand jury prosecution is that?) that I wouldn't be surprised if more and more people out there agree with me. This wasn't a serious investigation and according to many, Mccolluch has a history of protecting shady police officers who killed unarmed people. To cross examine the witnesses (which is fair) but not the guy who shot and killed someone is ridiculous, he basically acted like Darren Wilson's defense attorney. I think he should resign, if I was the mayor of Ferguson, I would ask him to do so. Darren Wilson resigning is a step in the right direction but not enough.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    This wasn't a serious investigation and according to many, Mccolluch has a history of protecting shady police officers who killed unarmed people.
    hell, find a prosecutor who actually prosecutes police who shoot people. under any circumstance.

• kingblaze84
    edited December 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    This wasn't a serious investigation and according to many, Mccolluch has a history of protecting shady police officers who killed unarmed people.
    hell, find a prosecutor who actually prosecutes police who shoot people. under any circumstance.

Now that Mccolluch has been outed as a fake, fradulent and phony prosecutor, he needs to be made an example of. If he doesn't resign willingly, I'll support any politician who pushes to get Mccoluch the ? out of office. There's enough corruption in the system and anyone who protects crooked cops from this point on needs to be put on ? BLAST
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    There's enough corruption in the system and anyone who protects crooked cops from this point on needs to be put on ? BLAST
    yeah, well, again, let me know when this happens. because prosecutors do not ? with the police like that.