• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    i like collecting games.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    ? digital.
    Almost copped a ps4 bundle from Amazon with The Last of Us and GTA V for $400, but both games come as digital D/L's.
    No disc literally stopped me from buying it because I didn't want trash ass GTA V and was gonna resell it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Disc
    Digital takes up hella ? space. Basically forcing you to buy the more expensive version with hella memory. I made that mistake when I bought the cheaper 4GB xbox360. Some of the demos be that much and more SMH. Add-on content be like 1GB - 2GB. ? assassins creed 3 had a 3 part add on and GTA 4 Had a two part add-on as well. Had to go out and buy a ? 8GB flash drive. Then when GTA 5 dropped I had to go and get a 16GB flash drive for that ? . I use the rest of that space for the free games with gold games. I'm bout to get another 8GB today because gta 5 add-on and updates are gonna eat up at least 3GB - 4GB.

Speaking of flash drives, can you use the same flash drives for 360 on the xbox1? Or do you need some new special flash drives? How many GB come with the system? How many GB are the demos and add-on's? Just asking because the games are packed with a bit more content and heavy usage of HD.

I always go disc just in case I want to sell it back
    Or sell/give to somebody else. Or to borrow/trade with. Can't do this ? with digital. Also if somebody takes your system they got all yo games with DLC lol.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Disc
    VIBE wrote: »
    I'll go digital when they drop the price.

There's no reason for digital to be $60, it had no disc, packaging, printed paper or needed to be shipped.

LOL glad to see I'm not the only one who caught that. $65 after tax(california)
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    Digital takes up hella ? space. Basically forcing you to buy the more expensive version with hella memory. I made that mistake when I bought the cheaper 4GB xbox360. Some of the demos be that much and more SMH. Add-on content be like 1GB - 2GB. ? assassins creed 3 had a 3 part add on and GTA 4 Had a two part add-on as well. Had to go out and buy a ? 8GB flash drive. Then when GTA 5 dropped I had to go and get a 16GB flash drive for that ? . I use the rest of that space for the free games with gold games. I'm bout to get another 8GB today because gta 5 add-on and updates are gonna eat up at least 3GB - 4GB.

Speaking of flash drives, can you use the same flash drives for 360 on the xbox1? Or do you need some new special flash drives? How many GB come with the system? How many GB are the demos and add-on's? Just asking because the games are packed with a bit more content and heavy usage of HD.

Or sell/give to somebody else. Or to borrow/trade with. Can't do this ? with digital. Also if somebody takes your system they got all yo games with DLC lol.

I feel you bro but you wanna know what's the wack ? tho?! For current generation it doesn't matter if it's disc or digital cuz you have to install every game smh and the systems come with 500 gigs...after I updated my system the os took up like 150 gigs I was like wtf is this ? smh I have 3 games installed and it says I have 36% in use
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Disc

I feel you bro but you wanna know what's the wack ? tho?! For current generation it doesn't matter if it's disc or digital cuz you have to install every game smh and the systems come with 500 gigs...after I updated my system the os took up like 150 gigs I was like wtf is this ? smh I have 3 games installed and it says I have 36% in use

external hard drives >>>>>>>
  • PILL_COSBY
    Disc

Well I'll be ? damn. The bold always happens. It needs that space for something, one of the computer nerds on here will explain why. My flash drive says 8GB but it really has 7GB of space to actually use. They always take away almost one GB or half.

How many GB do your games use up?
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Disc

Well I'll be ? damn. The bold always happens. It needs that space for something, one of the computer nerds on here will explain why. My flash drive says 8GB but it really has 7GB of space to actually use. They always take away almost one GB or half.

How many GB do your games use up?

Depends on the game....some can be 20+ some can be 50+ basically the ? will go quick xbone supports external hard drives now so buying one will be mandatory for some gamers that might not want to keep deleting and reinstalling games and ? like that
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Digital
    im still down with the disk, but everything is going digital and you will be charged the same price
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    Mad as ? that xb1 bundle didn't have hard copies of Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag. ? those games.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    Waiting for games to download? No bueno
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    Digital takes forever to go down in price. There be games 29.99 digital and you can find the disc for like $10. Once games go digitsl, ? going to stay $60 for a long time
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Disc
    Mad as ? that xb1 bundle didn't have hard copies of Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag. ? those games.

sold my unity code to my cousin for $50 and bought Diablo 3 in the black Friday sale.
    Wasn't gonna play that ? anyways.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digital
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    just had to delete ? to make space for GTA5 ...... only had the PS4 since March ......smh

you didn't switch out your hard drive ?
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digital
    zombie wrote: »
    The problem with digital is that if something happens to your hard drive you are ? and i don't trust the ? cloud storage ? . Physical data not physical data forever

There's no reason for digital to be $60, it had no disc, packaging, printed paper or needed to be shipped.

Let's keep it real about those costs... That is probably 99 cents for the plastic and paper...
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    X-1 mp focused games digital.. most Ps4 games will be on disc.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Disc
    Depends on the game....some can be 20+ some can be 50+ basically the ? will go quick xbone supports external hard drives now so buying one will be mandatory for some gamers that might not want to keep deleting and reinstalling games and ? like that
    Just what I thought. So the flash drives I got now wont do ? . I guess I'll have to get the one with more space then. I'm definitely waiting for december black friday now. I aint about to get got again lol. These ? doing this ? on purpose. Games like COD, battlefield, and halo probably take up all kinds of room(50+?). Not to mention DLC too. In about a year or two depending on how much of a gamer you are. That ? will be used up, and then what? I bet all those apps take up a shitload of space too smh.

We just aint ready for digital yet. They need to upgrade the internets first. Cats with the fastest internet connections be waiting forever for downloads.

LPast wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    The problem with digital is that if something happens to your hard drive you are ? and i don't trust the ? cloud storage ? . Physical data not physical data forever

Let's keep it real about those costs... That is probably 99 cents for the plastic and paper...
    LOL these aint ps1 disc bruh. You left out the shipping too. That ? cost, point blank period. Digital should be at least $20 cheaper. Going digital is gonna cause some problems bruh, why you think most people don't want it? ? kinda takes away our control and freedom too. Also ? aint ? with the beta version of the cloud lol.

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    When you buy digital, you don't really own anything. If digital catches on, don't be surprised if that leads to more pay to play subscription type games.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    When you buy digital, you don't really own anything. If digital catches on, don't be surprised if that leads to more pay to play subscription type games.

That scares me i really hope the backlash microsoft got for restrictions of discs continues to stop that idea as well as the overall evening out/decline in popularity of console gaming from the peak in the early 2000's.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Disc
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    basically what I was saying. These digital fan boys/girls are either not thinking or they just don't care. This is the main reason why people aren't sold on going digital yet. The other is the big file downloads and the internets just aint up to speed yet. Last but not least it will put all the gaming stores out of business. All they gonna sale is accessories and systems lol. I heard the government already got super fast internet and it's gonna be released to the public late next year.

On another note, makes you wonder if the government is holding us back on purpose. By the time we get all this so called "new tech" and start going crazy over it. That ? be like 5 - 10 years old before it's released to the public. Then only rich people can afford it. 2 years later they drop the price way down for us 99%ers. Then we lose our ? over it like we moving towards the future and ? lol. I'm pretty sure phones got holograms and ? now.

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    ^ If you look at other media (books, movies and music), they're going the other way. They'd love us to buy more physical copies. The difference between them and gaming is most gamers haven't had their consoles modded to play copied games. If games go digital and people start modding their consoles and download games amongst each other, they'll want to go back discs.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc
    Disc only..