MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future been rapping with the Dungeon Family though

but both his solo albums been nothing but autotune trash

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Just came from the 'best projects' thread...

If in your opinion OG Maco or Migos had some of the best contributions to hip hop this year, dont tell me ? about Iggy Azalea ruining hip hop

? outta here with this ? false equivalence ...

the two have nothing to do with each other...

We are in the reason. A place where it is impossible for a person to like Mos Def & Migos music at the same time. The funny thing is that QTip cosigned Migos mixtape.

Igloo Australia aka the grown kangaroo (like KillaCham said lol) & Migos are two different types of music with no similarities, whatsoever. If I ever heard Quavo, Takeoff or Offset made a ? gesture in their rap on some "Im Iggy's slave boy" or some ? to that nature then I will not be a fan anymore
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ? seeing so many people miss the entire point of why people are concerned/ disappointed.

When the grass is cut the snakes will show and it seems a lot of people are fine with being a lap dog or a cash cow for others. Not everybody of the same race, class or community will have the same ideas on subjects but to try and act like a problem or situation isn't there when it is, is just disrespectful.

I'm old enough to remember if you were a phony, thought to be above the cause, a wack ass emcee or bite others styles people would call you on it but now days people are so lame and cry when confronted about there ? ? . It's even sadder because you have so many people co-signing ? ? . SMH.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's face it: All of us here are hip-hop heads. We can't be casual fans and argue about the culture on a forum board. We care more than most people. That much should be clear by now.

With that said, Migos put out a dope project and I ain't even ? with them like that.
  • WORLD8712
    WORLD8712 Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I agree that Azealia makes valid points about the cultural appropriation/vultures but I'm not certain it comes from a sincere place. I'm only vaguely familiar w/ both of them musically but from what I gather -- although they incorporate 'hip hop', they fall more into the 'pop' category. So while the messenger shouldn't be more scrutinized than the message, it's hard not to see her angle as manipulating a competitive situation between the two of them from 'her vs me' to 'her vs we' when they basically cover the same lane/target the same fanbase.

All that said, it is ultimately up to 'us' to preserve the culture because the corporations/ppl eating off it won't be the ones to do so. In saying that, things such as J Cole doing big #'s w/o real marketing means more than the mainstream outlets endorsing the next microwave artist (whether black or white). Honestly, the beautiful part about the game rite now is the diversity -- although it may not be projected in the media; but these days, brands/lifestyles are sold more than music so it should be expected. With that said, 'we' give power to what's projected to us and that's why it's important to support those who give the quality of music/entertainment that you do enjoy or you'll be just as detrimental to the 'taking' as the 'vultures'. This is a capitalistic society and it is a music 'business' we're talking about so ppl who feel strongly about things have to realize in layman's terms : your money (support) is your vote.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't even know who Iggy Azelia is. So let's not get uppity about this ? like ya'll ? ain't doing as much to put her name out there as TI.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Just came from the 'best projects' thread...

If in your opinion OG Maco or Migos had some of the best contributions to hip hop this year, dont tell me ? about Iggy Azalea ruining hip hop

? outta here with this ? false equivalence ...

the two have nothing to do with each other...

We are in the reason. A place where it is impossible for a person to like Mos Def & Migos music at the same time. The funny thing is that QTip cosigned Migos mixtape.

Igloo Australia aka the grown kangaroo (like KillaCham said lol) & Migos are two different types of music with no similarities, whatsoever. If I ever heard Quavo, Takeoff or Offset made a ? gesture in their rap on some "Im Iggy's slave boy" or some ? to that nature then I will not be a fan anymore

obviously ... but reaching for a connection between the two appeals to these dumb ? sensibilities so that's why you see the reactions ..

the Azealia chicks beef with Igloo stemmed from her calling herself a slave master ... what that has to do with og maco or migos or who the ? ever is still leaving me lost ... lmao
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ? was better than Igloo Australias album
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Let's face it: All of us here are hip-hop heads. We can't be casual fans and argue about the culture on a forum board. We care more than most people. That much should be clear by now.

With that said, Migos put out a dope project and I ain't even ? with them like that.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12082-1360605880-0.gif

Lol. We all have our opinions my g.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    I honestly thought The Lonious Monk was a better poster than what he's exposed himself to be in this thread. Quite sad actually.

I can't fault T.I. for getting his money, but at the same time I don't see how shutting the ? up would really hurt his investment. When you cashing in on a ? that calls herself a runaway slave master, it's time to recognize the type of person you dealing with. Get paid still, but if not defending an ignorant culture vulture that's on record saying some racist bs loses you a few dollars somehow then so be it....missing out on a lil extra is definitely worth it for my dignity, but maybe Clifford thinks otherwise.

On another note though, did anybody actually watch the whole HOT97 interview with Ms. Banks?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Ebro repeatedly asked her to "put it in the music" or whatever and she basically was like nahhh Ima just talk about it via other platforms (twitter, interviews) and it got to a point when she got kinda ? and was like it's YALL JOB TO FOCUS ON THE MUSIC NOT MINE....I was kinda like WTF at that point maybe I was just misunderstanding lmao but it really came off as though she absolutely refuses to make any kind of socio-politically aware music whatsoever and would rather just continue to do her thing while ranting on twitter and in interviews.

Any thoughts on this?

lol I'm a bad poster, but you come in here and basically point out the same ? about Banks that I've been saying. That she ain't really about having a worthwhile discussion or doing anything meaningful, she just wants attention on social media. Ok. The people on this site are funny as hell.

I have to admit i don't really read your posts all the way through... but what i'm getting is that you're saying you're a bad poster? word.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    RiGGA wrote: »
    I honestly thought The Lonious Monk was a better poster than what he's exposed himself to be in this thread. Quite sad actually.

I can't fault T.I. for getting his money, but at the same time I don't see how shutting the ? up would really hurt his investment. When you cashing in on a ? that calls herself a runaway slave master, it's time to recognize the type of person you dealing with. Get paid still, but if not defending an ignorant culture vulture that's on record saying some racist bs loses you a few dollars somehow then so be it....missing out on a lil extra is definitely worth it for my dignity, but maybe Clifford thinks otherwise.

On another note though, did anybody actually watch the whole HOT97 interview with Ms. Banks?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Ebro repeatedly asked her to "put it in the music" or whatever and she basically was like nahhh Ima just talk about it via other platforms (twitter, interviews) and it got to a point when she got kinda ? and was like it's YALL JOB TO FOCUS ON THE MUSIC NOT MINE....I was kinda like WTF at that point maybe I was just misunderstanding lmao but it really came off as though she absolutely refuses to make any kind of socio-politically aware music whatsoever and would rather just continue to do her thing while ranting on twitter and in interviews.

Any thoughts on this?

lol I'm a bad poster, but you come in here and basically point out the same ? about Banks that I've been saying. That she ain't really about having a worthwhile discussion or doing anything meaningful, she just wants attention on social media. Ok. The people on this site are funny as hell.

I have to admit i don't really read your posts all the way through... but what i'm getting is that you're saying you're a bad poster? word.

If that's what you got, run wit it.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just cause she's white and can't rap doesn't make her a vulture.. I mean she didn't just start rapping yesterday.. She's been wack/below average for years..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I remember back when wgm was poppin, yall ? said an iggy couldnt happen and that some of us were jumping the gun....

Well all i have to say about that is, I ? TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!

What do you mean an iggy couldn't happen? Iggy ain't the first talentless white rapper that bit a style and got big off it. Remember this dude:

stash-3-504936be7fb2a.gif

Where is he at now? The same place Iggy will be in a couple years.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The funny thing is, iggy got her start . She was a failed model, who decided to try rapping...
    She was not a rapper who earned her stripes, She don't write her own ? ...

her former boyfriend was her manager , wrote her raps helped her get a deal...She dumped him, move on to an up and coming Asap Rocky... Then she started ? with T.I....

U see the pattern, watch when she ditched T'I... All this caping will blow upin his face....

earn her stripes. When did yung thug or future earn their stripes. What about bobby smurda or ot genasis? Lets face it 70% of the mainstream rap game is about dickriding to get your way to to the top or being a friend of a 50 cent or lil wayne or rick ross.

I mean im not iggy fan but her verses can't be as terrible as mack maine or gudda gudda who were featured on some Young Money hits just cuz then ? with the bushes and wayne.

dwade206 wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    And T.I. is a shoe-shining, watermelon-smashing ? . Instead of enlightening his artist he's out here defending her trash. Even after calling herself a "slave master" and doing the whipping motion in the video. ? cracked that imaginary whip with confidence. Igloo Australia is a grown kangaroo. If she's gonna walk the walk she needs to learn to speak for herself.

...which is true, but your ? ass supported Nicki Minaj when she blatantly disrespected Malcolm X's image while promoting her garbage single "Look Ass ? ." Both of y'all are detriments to the culture.

And thats the hypocracy of these nikki stans and YMCMB stans mad at iggy. Nicky not only bleached her self and tried to whitewash her image for sells but that camp has had countless lines and displays of coonery.
    Dude, do not repost me with goofy ? ....
    How many mixtape did this ? put out.????.. How many shows she was doing a night, before her big break????

Future was putting out MIXTAPES and built his ? ...Young Thug was putting out MIXTAPES.....
    Bobby Scmurda earned his deal. The ? had a hit before a deal.
    I dont ? with these ? , but these ? put in work for their ? .

Being a friend of Lil Wayne..... like Drake aint had 2 mixtapes out before so far gone. Nikki been ? with Wayne since 06 she waas on Drought3 ..before that, she was in Come up DVDs spitting freestyles in stair wells....

I could go on and on and on.... Like dude. Dont repost me with goofy ? ...

Lmao you clearly mad and your logic is foolish. So now every ? with 1 hit (no top notch mixtapes) deserves a major label record deal?

Bobby Smurda had 1 hit and got a deal but i mean lets be honest so did Iggy. Im not a fan of either artist but they both got radio hits regardless. Same with cheef keef, soulja boy etc.

Now you can't be mad white folk liked fancy but then not be upset because white and black people liked hot ? . Bobby Smurda and Chief Quief are not much different from iggy. They blew up based on their image and a gimmick hit. But ? like keef and smurda are being used by white execs to sell ignorant ass ? to negatively portray black people. And you know behind the scenes they are laughing their ass off.

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Igloo Austrialia is a funny ass name tho ... lmaoooooooooooo ... where the ? did that ? come from ... hahahaha

Azealia banks said it in a tweet
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Igloo Austrialia is a funny ass name tho ... lmaoooooooooooo ... where the ? did that ? come from ... hahahaha

Genius.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing is, iggy got her start . She was a failed model, who decided to try rapping...

her former boyfriend was her manager , wrote her raps helped her get a deal...She dumped him, move on to an up and coming Asap Rocky... Then she started ? with T.I....

U see the pattern, watch when she ditched T'I... All this caping will blow upin his face....

earn her stripes. When did yung thug or future earn their stripes. What about bobby smurda or ot genasis? Lets face it 70% of the mainstream rap game is about dickriding to get your way to to the top or being a friend of a 50 cent or lil wayne or rick ross.

I mean im not iggy fan but her verses can't be as terrible as mack maine or gudda gudda who were featured on some Young Money hits just cuz then ? with the bushes and wayne.

And T.I. is a shoe-shining, watermelon-smashing ? . Instead of enlightening his artist he's out here defending her trash. Even after calling herself a "slave master" and doing the whipping motion in the video. ? cracked that imaginary whip with confidence. Igloo Australia is a grown kangaroo. If she's gonna walk the walk she needs to learn to speak for herself.

...which is true, but your ? ass supported Nicki Minaj when she blatantly disrespected Malcolm X's image while promoting her garbage single "Look Ass ? ." Both of y'all are detriments to the culture.

And thats the hypocracy of these nikki stans and YMCMB stans mad at iggy. Nicky not only bleached her self and tried to whitewash her image for sells but that camp has had countless lines and displays of coonery.
    How many mixtape did this ? put out.????.. How many shows she was doing a night, before her big break????

Future was putting out MIXTAPES and built his ? ...Young Thug was putting out MIXTAPES.....

Being a friend of Lil Wayne..... like Drake aint had 2 mixtapes out before so far gone. Nikki been ? with Wayne since 06 she waas on Drought3 ..before that, she was in Come up DVDs spitting freestyles in stair wells....

Lmao you clearly mad and your logic is foolish. So now every ? with 1 hit (no top notch mixtapes) deserves a major label record deal?

Bobby Smurda had 1 hit and got a deal but i mean lets be honest so did Iggy. Im not a fan of either artist but they both got radio hits regardless. Same with cheef keef, soulja boy etc.

Now you can't be mad white folk liked fancy but then not be upset because white and black people liked hot ? . Bobby Smurda and Chief Quief are not much different from iggy. They blew up based on their image and a gimmick hit. But ? like keef and smurda are being used by white execs to sell ignorant ass ? to negatively portray black people. And you know behind the scenes they are laughing their ass off.

At the very least, as it has been revealed to us in the past few days, Hot ? was a relatively authentic representation. And the little ? wrote it himself.

Iggy is 100% gimmick, and 0% talent. ? can't even be confident she's written her own rhymes at this point.

The line is paper thin, but it exists.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited December 2014
    Options

Azaelia funny as ? . She was clowning Tiny about being illiterate. Saying when she tries to read using her finger she be making the BOING BOING sound effect.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    It be funny to watch these threads start off with witty one line responses, but as the pages lengthen ? bout to be droppin dissertations on hip hop, the white and black struggle, all of that, just watch. TI really ain't even have to respond to what Q-Tip said, and he really ain't say ? . Just the usual long winded poor use of big word comical TI ? . Q-Tip ain't even try to play her, he just gave her a history lesson. ? , he gave me one too. My synapses was firin like a muhfucka readin that.

Nobody needs a lesson from Q Tip and he really aint say ? either. You people have a lot of misguided anger and ideas with this wanna be pro black foolishness.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hold up, Cheif Keef had 3 songs that was killing the streets before he was signed...
    Bobby had NY on smash before a deal.
    I dont care about execs laughing, the positive or negative ? ya goofy ass is talking about.
    These nniggas put in work. ? wasn't handed to them.
    Iggy ain't earn nothing.
    She dosent write her own material.
    She didn't come from the battle scene. She didnt come out via the mixtape circuit. She wasn't underground, She wasn't doing shows, rocking clubs. She did nothing associated with putting work, and earning stripes in this field...
    She been with interscope since 2010. Fancy came out in 2014.
    What hit helped her get a deal??
    Dont repost me with goofy ? .