Congress quietly ends federal government's ban on medical marijuana

BIGG WILL
BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tucked deep inside the 1,603-page federal spending measure is a provision that effectively ends the federal government's prohibition on medical marijuana and signals a major shift in drug policy..

The bill's passage over the weekend marks the first time Congress has approved nationally significant legislation backed by legalization advocates. It brings almost to a close two decades of tension between the states and Washington over medical use of marijuana.

Under the provision, states where medical ? is legal would no longer need to worry about federal drug agents raiding retail operations. Agents would be prohibited from doing so.

The Obama administration has largely followed that rule since last year as a matter of policy. But the measure approved as part of the spending bill, which President Obama plans to sign this week, will codify it as a matter of law.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-medical-? -20141216-story.html

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last weekend, the bipartisan Rohrabacher-Farr medical marijuana amendment was included in the omnibus spending bill. The purpose of the amendment was to stop the Justice Department from overriding state medical marijuana laws. It states:

"None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used...to prevent such States from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana."

It also... drumroll please...protected industrial ? cultivation through the Agricultural Act of 2014

http://www.naturalnews.com/048086_medical_marijuana_? _cultivation_prohibition.html##ixzz3N4cGyB26
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buddy of mine hipped me to some ? . I ain't saying its true, but Louisiana is a heavy agricultural state. These sugar cane fields are getting bought up and a smart southern state getting ahead of the Marijuana train would take advantage.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is going to ? off alot of industries, i need to buy land now.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Alot of ? getting done in obama's last 4 years of his presidency...ijs.Clinton and Obama prolly two of the best presidents we've ever had.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Alot of ? getting done in obama's last 4 years of his presidency...ijs.Clinton and Obama prolly two of the best presidents we've ever had.

Obama, who has had more drone strikes than Bush is the best president we've ever had?

Marijuana being legalized is a grass roots movement. Don't thank any politician for that, thank yourselves. Its about time they've made the ? legal. Christ its borderline embarrassing its only legal in like two states.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »

Obama, who has had more drone strikes than Bush is the best president we've ever had?

Marijuana being legalized is a grass roots movement. Don't thank any politician for that, thank yourselves. Its about time they've made the ? legal. Christ its borderline embarrassing its only legal in like two states.

I think best president ever is hyperbole but "more drone strikes than Bush" is far from being the thing that makes it so.

People forget how horrible Bush was as a leader for them to be name dropping Obama in the same sentence as him for any reason other than being the President after him.
  • Will Munny
    Well it's not name dropping... Obama carried out more drone strikes than Bush, it's a fact.

Also, the patriot act ? that did start under Bush didn't get any better under Obama, if anything it got worse.

And I'm not saying the most drone strikes is what makes him not the best prez ever, but in your opinion what does? No trying to argue, genuinely curious.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's not name dropping... Obama carried out more drone strikes than Bush, it's a fact.

Also, the patriot act ? that did start under Bush didn't get any better under Obama, if anything it got worse.

And I'm not saying the most drone strikes is what makes him not the best prez ever, but in your opinion what does? No trying to argue, genuinely curious.

I prefer drone strikes over starting a ? war based on lies, you forgot how ? up operation enduring freedom was.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under the provision, states where medical ? is legal would no longer need to worry about federal drug agents raiding retail operations. Agents would be prohibited from doing so.

This was key. Y'all making strides in the right direction.

• Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2014

Since obama first term till now the economy has improved from what bush ? us over with... his pros outweigh his cons unlike bush.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get off that puppet ? . Bush and him are buddies. Why is he with former president
    http://lubbockonline.com/stories/090605/sta_090605082.shtml
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since obama first term till now the economy has improved from what bush ? us over with... his pros outweigh his cons unlike bush.

i argue with people all the time, especially if you invest in stocks you cant even be mad at obama because the dow been hitting record highs during obama's presidency
  • Chef_Taylor

i argue with people all the time, especially if you invest in stocks you cant even be mad at obama because the dow been hitting record highs during obama's presidency

Word...imma let these ? keepin thinking he haven't been puttin in work tho.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Get off that puppet ? . Bush and him are buddies. Why is he with former president
    http://lubbockonline.com/stories/090605/sta_090605082.shtml

And you saying this to say what?? what tha ? does that have to do with the state of the economy we've been in from nov. 2008 up until now.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the bigger picture, but the ? refuses to do so.
    Dr Umar Johnson speaks on Obama untold stories: http://youtu.be/8A0OVzBt4LY
  • Chef_Taylor
    See the bigger picture, but the ? refuses to do so.
    Dr Umar Johnson speaks on Obama untold stories: http://youtu.be/8A0OVzBt4LY

11763468.jpg
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time for there cut
  • Will Munny
    Huey_C wrote: »

I prefer drone strikes over starting a ? war based on lies, you forgot how ? up operation enduring freedom was.

How about no drone strikes? No ? going into Iraq was a mistake.

And why are people assuming because I don't think Obama is good I must think Bush was?

That's just lazy. think harder.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huey_C wrote: »

How about no drone strikes? No ? going into Iraq was a mistake.

And why are people assuming because I don't think Obama is good I must think Bush was?

That's just lazy. think harder.

You pointed out that Obama has authorized more drone strikes than Bush, like that's even an comparison to what Bush did. No drone strikes? What do u suggest then? Unfortunately the our war in that region created an Avenue/vacuum for these fundamentalist groups to run wild. So it's either targeted drone strikes to disrupt and ? IS/Al-queda leadership or boots on the ground.