YG and DJ Mustard Have Beef On Instagram

Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    And to think ? didn't wanna believe me when I said YG aint gonna be around in 5 years and that his album was all DJ Mustard's genius SMMFH. I'll continue to watch from the sidelines while my predictions come true.

You still feel that DJ Mustard may be the next Dre though? lol
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Losers, the both of them.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to think ? didn't wanna believe me when I said YG aint gonna be around in 5 years and that his album was all DJ Mustard's genius SMMFH. I'll continue to watch from the sidelines while my predictions come true.

And like we told you

This is his 5th year

Stop hating ?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    People who think Mustard is gonna fall of like he is Lex Luger or something. Mustard is way more diverse and he does more than just hiphop. I can see him doing a Lil Jon if anything and branching out from hiphop.

That's exactly what Lex Luger did though
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grown ass nigguhs who know each other.......are/were friends....got each other's phone #s......probably hang w/ the same people......know where each other work/live..etc..etc.......but nigguhs can't connect like grown men and squash this ? out of the public eye? That's like SB and Nicki airing their business out on social media when they could've just picked up the phone and called each other. That public beef ? is beyond wack.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this is fake. these ? go on tour together, these ? do interviews together, these ? do shows together, these ? go to the studio together, they have eachother's phone numbers, and they live in the same city.
    if they really wanted to fight, they would've just caught a friendly one time, and kept it moving. they have no reason to be internet beefing, unless they want everybody to see it. i call publicity stunt.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont believe it
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Pretty sure this is a joke, they're like best friends. Even lived together before they got big. It'd be a damn shame if they for real.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G.Avant wrote: »

You still feel that DJ Mustard may be the next Dre though? lol

Not like Dr.Dre there will never be another Dre LOLOLOL but I do think that DJ Mustard has the passion and talent to become one of the biggest producers in Hip-Hop. As long as he stay away from a microphone it should be a smooth transition.....

It's hard for a producer to have longevity like Dre and Timmy. I don't know if Mustard can last that long. He's more a the "it" guy for now. His time will pass just like Polow, Jazze Pha, Storch and will be replace with the next "it" producer.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They obviously playing. Mustard and YG came up together. It's like if Mike Will and Future started beefing outta nowhere
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiss and make-up ? .

Smh with social media "beef"
    Real ? are turning over in their graves over this kinda ? boy ? .
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are joking & faking then it goes to show you how lame these 2 are for publicity
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    If they are joking & faking then it goes to show you how lame these 2 are for publicity

Trolling hurts their "brand" ..... to the naked eye ... those two go hand in hand ...... not only that ... "fans" will dig deeper and realize Mustard aint really as responsible for all the beats like he say ..... and people will look at YG like he cheated a "friend" outta money ....

no good will come out of this trolling ......
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tryin be the new baby and wayne
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what, how hard is it to pay somebody when you making money......the bulk of this ? can be stopped if dudes would let their labels/lawyers, or whateva the ? handle all ? like this and have it taken out of their budgets...

edit...just realized this dude said ? mustard and EVERYBODY that aint got paid for my album...? kinda ? is that?

Meaning he has no control over who has gotten paid for his album so if they got a problem with him about it, then ? them too. He probably hasn't even been paid for his album.

how does that ? even work? How is he living/making money?. I obviously have no understanding of major label politics but at the end of the day you t hink they would at least take care of all artists and producers and whatnot involved in the making of an album like tha trwould be part of a budget something.

How is he living? The advance that he gets for the deal/album.
    How is he making money? Show money, quarterly royalty checks, appearance fees...after label gets a cut.

Label gives you a budget for an album. $500,000.
    That has to cover studio time, beats, sample clearances, mixing, mastering, art, etc. They'll give more if it warrants it, but it's basically a credit card. You maxed out once you spend it. Any money that comes back in, has to dig you out of that $500,000 before you or producers get paid royalties.

When you look at credits, artists/producers/writers are listed as writers for publishing. Publishing is the royalty money. The label eats royalties, a percentage of show/tv money/books/etc (360 deal) until they got their money back then you start getting your royalty cut (which is still a percentage - and they still eating off you).

Filthy game the majors play.
  • damayor187
    damayor187 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    how do ? get ? over if they publish their songs with ascap or bmi. they get your royalties for you. how is def jam going to not collect their money which in turn is who pays yg?
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The previously posted breakfast club interview sums up this whole "beef". YG and Mustard both agreed that their disagreements get pretty bad but they always work it out. It seems like this time it was on social media than between them privately. They'll be fine by next week. The real breaking news is Kangroo Jack went right back to Chris :((
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damayor187 wrote: »
    how do ? get ? over if they publish their songs with ascap or bmi. they get your royalties for you. how is def jam going to not collect their money which in turn is who pays yg?

BMI and ASCAP only monitor and collect performance royalties. So they collect money that you earn as a songwriter when your songs are played on the radio, on tv, in clubs, and on streaming services/online radio.

They don't collect what's called mechanical royalties..which is what comes from sales of both singles and albums..it's on the label to disburse mechanical royalties most of the time.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To think of it im mad at the homie for.not coming through to drink a beer imma start sum fb beef with him
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To think of it im mad at the homie for.not coming through to drink a beer imma start sum fb beef with him

Perfect time for a smh button
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Fab bout to run his fade on both ? now
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo he better not have put.....

mustard on the beef hoe!