Police: Man Jailed For Facebook Police Threats

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
MCDONALD, Pa. (AP) -- A southwestern Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he posted Facebook comments encouraging people to ? police the same day a man fatally shot two New York City officers.

The (Washington) Observer-Reporter (http://bit.ly/1xsDnEL ) says Steven Drake Jr. was arrested Wednesday in McDonald. Police there were alerted to the Dec. 20 posts by officers in a nearby community.

Among the comments Drake allegedly posted were, "The police brought this on themselves! I say ? them all! Enough is enough."

The 29-year-old from Midway faces a preliminary hearing Jan. 6 on charges including terroristic threats and disorderly conduct. Online court records don't list an attorney for him.

Police say Drake acknowledged making the posts, which also referenced the recent police killings of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner in New York City.

Comments

• FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Among the comments Drake allegedly posted were, "The police brought this on themselves! I say ? them all! Enough is enough."

The 29-year-old from Midway faces a preliminary hearing Jan. 6 on charges including terroristic threats and disorderly conduct. Online court records don't list an attorney for him.

Police say Drake acknowledged making the posts, which also referenced the recent police killings of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner in New York City.

Wait what?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disorderly Conduct?

What is "the correct Order"? Is there a rule book to the Internet or something.....
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "All these guns but I'm the threat?"
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anytime i hear about people getting arrested for FACEBOOK COMMENTS i get very uneasy and this is no exception

bet they ain't arresting nobody for saying "exterminate all black people" tho.........

North Fayette police received a tip with screenshots of Drake’s alleged postings, which have privacy settings that allow only his Facebook friends to see his comments

so who snitched? lolsmh

Investigators from McDonald and state police interviewed Drake at his home Tuesday morning, when he admitted to writing the posts, court records indicate. Drake allegedly told investigators he “often posts anti-government and anti-police rhetoric” on his social media pages.

Police said Drake told investigators he was ? when he wrote the comments

So you can't go on a drunken rant about the police without getting arrested. Good to know.

Yeah, easy to see how close this country is to that Soviet Union ? where you get a decade of hard labor for making a joke about Stalin.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about all the hate post on the kkk forums where they talk about killing blacks? Why aren't police cracking down on them?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about all the hate post on the kkk forums where they talk about killing blacks? Why aren't police cracking down on them?

C'mon bruh, you already know the answer to that question. If it makes you feel better, Drake is white
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They been cracking down lately on this ? I see. Police getting very sensitive.

Here's another case. All he did was quote somebody else.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/12/23/chicopee-man-faces-charges-for-put-wings-on-pigs-facebook-post/
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

C'mon bruh, you already know the answer to that question. If it makes you feel better, Drake is white

bitdance.gif