Lyndon Johnson’s Aides Are Mad That MLK Is The Hero Of Selma

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mention this alot, but i really am a history major.

What was forced on us about LBJ is, he was about to get things done that JFK wasnt. Yeah Kennedy was murdered, but he had time to pull the trigger on the civil rights act. He was just pressured to NOT do it. And it wasnt for OUR benefit. It was also a political move.

And because if that move, Black American christians will vote democrat no matter who running or what the issues are. so it worked out, right?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But white ppl r willin to die, to end white supremacy tho...

I stopped ? with white ppl overall... U might catch me kicking it with, interacting with cacs. But i wouldn't put it pass them...

Theres nothing more disrespectful than, erasing ones history.
    White washing it, then turning around n ask,"what have u ? accomplish"??.
    then ? wonder y, they get shot like animals in the street.
    They have no problem erasing your pass, your ancestors. So they definitely have no problem , erasing u presently.
    White washing ya arts, n culture presently.

Ya ? playing around with these crackas...They're devils .man woman n child.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »

What was forced on us about LBJ is, he was about to get things done that JFK wasnt. Yeah Kennedy was murdered, but he had time to pull the trigger on the civil rights act. He was just pressured to NOT do it. And it wasnt for OUR benefit. It was also a political move.

And because if that move, Black American christians will vote democrat no matter who running or what the issues are. so it worked out, right?

Well the fact that Republicans have no problem openly showing their disdain for blacks kinda helps the Democrats keep the black vote too.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »

Well the fact that Republicans have no problem openly showing their disdain for blacks kinda helps the Democrats keep the black vote too.

I will never vote republican any efforts they make to make inroads into the black or minority vote is PR.. ? them
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gone lie.. I didn't read all that ? . With that said, LBJ well as JFK, didn't move on civil rights until they saw the Panthers and Black Muslims resisting with force and promising violent response to racist policies. I love how white people revise history to make them seem like heroes. Like they didn't see the effects of racism on blacks until the mid 1960s.

This...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is like kidnapping a woman and after 9 years letting her go free and wanting to be viewed as her savior for letting her go
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont vote. I have, but i dont (all the time) because of my personal opinions and i cant vote democratically just because i am Black. I am my own person and being a republican to me, doesnt mean you are white and racist. And if im voting republican sometimes, that would more than likely hurt my own community, because of my so-called opinion.

And just like we have the right to vote, we also have the right NOT to vote.

My family hates when i talk like that, but I hate when they try to talk politics to me because IM the one who knows who the people are running and what it means to and for the state/city. Theyre just voting democrat because they are Black. nothing more, nothing less.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    this is like kidnapping a woman and after 9 years letting her go free and wanting to be viewed as her savior for letting her go
    Whites never cease to make them selves look stupid.Blacks should have never been slaves and should have been allowed to vote to begin with.No one cares how the law came to pass for them to be able to vote.The 60s was not that long ago and they act like racist and injustice are from medieval times.The 60s was well after modern society and the USA was established.