Do you consider yourself someone who grew up with opportunities?

dr funky resurrected
dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
Yes or No?

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Tangibles, not many. Intangibles, plenty.

I grew up around gamed up people (uncles, friends older brothers) who created their own opportunities. Their presence and words gave me the opportunity to help me help myself better than I could have without them. They'd (pops included) make/see me work for mine before giving me any extras to support my grind.

....and today I'm real bossy..... nowadays when they see me, they stand proud hahahahahaha ha!!!!!
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    My family is well off, but I faced at lot of adversity when I was getting my degrees.

And it is not whether we have opportunities; it is whether we have equal opportunities. Even well-to-do blacks don't have equal opportunities with well-to-do non-blacks -- discrimination, in some more or another, thwarts that.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mother remarried, and my step father has changed my life

I believe in eugenics so I wont pass my genes on, but because of the way he changed my life I will probably do the same as him

It's amazing to be able to change someone's life like that
    despite what the IC says about with women with kids I would love to be a lawyer and be able to bring a young boy into excellence who would have otherwise been a statistic

I didn't get the best cards but I will help a young man overcome his obstacles in a heart beat
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I ? it away, but I got it back again.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my self in some legal trouble at a real young age, wich actualy ended up providing me with some direction in life, that most the people I used to run with did not get.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    My mother remarried, and my step father has changed my life

I believe in eugenics so I wont pass my genes on,
    but because of the way he changed my life I will probably do the same as him

It's amazing to be able to change someone's life like that
    despite what the IC says about with women with kids I would love to be a lawyer and be able to bring a young boy into excellence who would have otherwise been a statistic

I didn't get the best cards but I will help a young man overcome his obstacles in a heart beat

bert20stare.gif
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technology is here to make things a lil better.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opportunities were limited due to race, ignorance, and class.

But as long as i stayed within the confines those three things can put us in, I could do whatever i want.

I could of had more opportunities had the veil been removed sooner.