12/30/14 album sales results. J Cole, Fab, and Nicki...

Comments

• saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Dayum @ Garth Brooks still moving units in the Taylor Swift era, that dude is worth something like $800M why even bother anymore ? Guess that's passion.

Same goes for AC/DC, them dudes are pushing 70 and STILL touring.

Whats really crazy is that you can only buy the album on Garth brooks website.

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao @ Taylor Swift's label being called the Big Machine.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fab album was boring.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    J.Cole going platinum in 2015, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yall remember when ? was making threads saying Cole would NEVER make it !? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Yo but if Fab is selling like that with domestic promo then I think on Big KRIT's next album that ? can move 200k if he position himself right. ? it's virtually anyone's game at this point.

J.Cole and Fab's success making RocNation look credible. Rihanna dropping next year too and so is Big Sean and Wale, curious to see what the latter will sell.

Wale left Roc Nation a few months back. He is with Lebron's people now.

Dayum I aint know that, I thought he was still with them on the mgmt tip. Prolly better for him still, they'll look out for him. I think he should leave Ross' imprint, he can do better without him and he don't need MMG. Lowkey became a fan of dude's this year.

Before he met Ross.Wale was on his way outta rap, on his way to selling poetry books, (which he should actually do).
    Ya forgot, Attention Defecit was on interscope. Jimmy aint kno what to do with him, and dropped him.
    He ? with Ross, and has been excelling since.

Now he's better off. Gtfoh ? .

That was then, this is now, he got what he needed outta MMG & established his own lane and fanbase - that's what Jimmy couldn't understand then. But it's time for him to spread his wings & fly. Wale isn't gonna sit under Ross' ? much longer. He's going to jump ship w/in 2 years & become bigger than he's ever been. It's always been between Drake, J.Cole, Kendrick & Wale. If Meek, Ross and Wale all dropped albums next week, Wale would outsell his whole camp that's how much faith I have in that ? .

Using your logic, J.Cole should leave rocnation.
    Cole don't need Jay anymore, let alone a label.
    He's sold 600,000 in less than a month . No radio play. Two weeks notice..
    See what i did there.

I agree with the bolded. Wale's last album out sold, Ross last 2 lps.
    Wale went from being on his way out the rap game, to being on the forbes list as a rapper.

Wale has no creative freedom issues. He has no finacial issues. He's doing the best he's been doing his entire career. Wale is good where's he at. But he should leave because?????
    To spread his wings??? Really???

"If aint broke dont fix it"-Biggie

Nah MMG =/= RocNation, J.Cole isn't selling more albums than Jay-Z but like Kanye West, he'll leave when he's well established when the time is right - as he should.
    Kanye hasn't left anything. If you look his last album was released on Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.Cole going platinum in 2015, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yall remember when ? was making threads saying Cole would NEVER make it !? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Yo but if Fab is selling like that with domestic promo then I think on Big KRIT's next album that ? can move 200k if he position himself right. ? it's virtually anyone's game at this point.

J.Cole and Fab's success making RocNation look credible. Rihanna dropping next year too and so is Big Sean and Wale, curious to see what the latter will sell.

Dayum I aint know that, I thought he was still with them on the mgmt tip. Prolly better for him still, they'll look out for him. I think he should leave Ross' imprint, he can do better without him and he don't need MMG. Lowkey became a fan of dude's this year.

Before he met Ross.Wale was on his way outta rap, on his way to selling poetry books, (which he should actually do).
    Ya forgot, Attention Defecit was on interscope. Jimmy aint kno what to do with him, and dropped him.

That was then, this is now, he got what he needed outta MMG & established his own lane and fanbase - that's what Jimmy couldn't understand then. But it's time for him to spread his wings & fly. Wale isn't gonna sit under Ross' ? much longer. He's going to jump ship w/in 2 years & become bigger than he's ever been. It's always been between Drake, J.Cole, Kendrick & Wale. If Meek, Ross and Wale all dropped albums next week, Wale would outsell his whole camp that's how much faith I have in that ? .

See what i did there.

Wale went from being on his way out the rap game, to being on the forbes list as a rapper.

Wale has no creative freedom issues. He has no finacial issues. He's doing the best he's been doing his entire career. Wale is good where's he at. But he should leave because?????

Nah MMG =/= RocNation, J.Cole isn't selling more albums than Jay-Z but like Kanye West, he'll leave when he's well established when the time is right - as he should.

All I'm saying is that Ross cant do much more for Wale at this point, and if Hip-Hop history has any merit, rap crews don't last. Wale is in a position where he can transition to a higher level & put his name on a grander stage. He can go places Ross cant, he's bigger than MMG at this point. I'm sure they can still do business together but outside of that I think Wale is ready for the next level in his career.

I gave you concrete reasons why, Wale as an artist ,have no reason to leave MMG.
    At this moment, he appears to be in a excellent creative, and finacial space.
    on the other hand, you are just stating vague abstract concepts.

Wale while on mmg, is already going places Ross can't.
    ex. Linking up with Jerry Seinfield..Something he wasn't doing while on a grander stage. U know... interscope.

Speaking of Wale, remember Tiara Thomas??
    She was that gorgeous chocolate piece, on Wale's song "Bad".The song was every where, she was every where.

She was on Wale's label , she opted out, and signed to Rico Love and interscope.
    Rico Love's credential as a producer, and working with r&b talent, is grander than Wale's. Interscope is grander than Wale's label.

Well, where have she been since? Have you heard of her since "Bad"?? Whats her new single??

Exactly.
    Some ppl are caught up in ideas, instead of the moment.
    At this moment, Wale is doing great.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Kanye hasn't left anything. If you look his last album was released on Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam

Jay sold his portion of the roc in 04. Basically Kanye has been signed to Def Jam for his whole rap career under a label title.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    thats great for my ? loso, 72k, his last album 5 years ago did 99k with a HIT single, so him droppin a digital only album(or retail mixtape) and doing that much with out his traditional single for the hoes is great.

also wale make good ass music but he fine where he it, the gifted didnt outsell mastermind and gifted been out longer, and the body is struggling as a single, wale's last big hit was "bad", not saying he need MMG or he cant drop something else to outsell ross, but like bruh said b4, it aint really broke so dont fix it. aint like wale just powerfully overtook ross in the game, he still a notch below ross in terms of star power AT BEST
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited December 2014

See what i did there.

All I'm saying is that Ross cant do much more for Wale at this point, and if Hip-Hop history has any merit, rap crews don't last. Wale is in a position where he can transition to a higher level & put his name on a grander stage. He can go places Ross cant, he's bigger than MMG at this point. I'm sure they can still do business together but outside of that I think Wale is ready for the next level in his career.

I gave you concrete reasons why, Wale as an artist ,have no reason to leave MMG.
    At this moment, he appears to be in a excellent creative, and finacial space.
    on the other hand, you are just stating vague abstract concepts.

Wale while on mmg, is already going places Ross can't.
    ex. Linking up with Jerry Seinfield..Something he wasn't doing while on a grander stage. U know... interscope.

Speaking of Wale, remember Tiara Thomas??
    She was that gorgeous chocolate piece, on Wale's song "Bad".The song was every where, she was every where.

She was on Wale's label , she opted out, and signed to Rico Love and interscope.
    Rico Love's credential as a producer, and working with r&b talent, is grander than Wale's. Interscope is grander than Wale's label.

Well, where have she been since? Have you heard of her since "Bad"?? Whats her new single??

Exactly.
    Some ppl are caught up in ideas, instead of the moment.
    At this moment, Wale is doing great.

This my last post and we'll just have to agree to disagree respectfully.

I'm not implying he should go to Interscope, I'm simply saying he can do MUCH better than MMG now. He can outsell his boss and his entire crew at this point. I don't think anyone felt Wale was gonna be under Ross forever. MMG was only meant to foster his fanbase and brand. He doesn't need Ross now tho. MMG doesn't have the same connections to take Wale to higher heights commercially and that's important. Ross can't even take his own career platinum. Wale is basically carrying a sinking ship w/ MMG and Rick Ross. If he's cool with that then that's on him to have food taken off his plate when he doesn't have to.

Wale can go elsewhere and make demands and have them met now b/c he's proven he's marketable and has a track record to back it. This wasn't there with Interscope so it was a bigger risk to let him take those chances and they lose money (they gave him $1.3 mil), that's why Lady Gaga was on his single, they wanted to play it safe. Whereas Wale wanted to take the traditional route and build a fanbase and sound. He's already managed by RocNation since 2009 he might as well sign w/ them entirely. They can push Wale creatively and commercially to levels he can't reach with MMG. Wale is going to do numbers on his next album, then it's going to become even more apparent and he'll leave on his next follow up. He's not in the same position as Tiara, Wale has a body of work, Tiara don't. Wale can get the red carpet treatment, Tiara might get the casting couch.

(btw he met Jerry Seinfeld in 2008 backstage after one of his shows before signing to MMG)

Usmarin3 literally told you in this thread that Wale isn't managed by Roc Nation anymore.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Dayum @ Garth Brooks still moving units in the Taylor Swift era, that dude is worth something like $800M why even bother anymore ? Guess that's passion.

Same goes for AC/DC, them dudes are pushing 70 and STILL touring.

Whats really crazy is that you can only buy the album on Garth brooks website.

He cut out the middle men which were retail stores, iTunes, and Google Play. He keeps all of the money between himself, and his team.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If fab drops that track with chris brown offf his album will get good play
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually Interscope came right back after No hands dropped

and Wale dropped imo his best mixtape(More About Nothing) while he was supposedly "on his way out"

Only thing Ross did was help him get to the urban markets which No Hands had already started the process of
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wale doesn't need MMG anymore. Like Sion said at this point he's carrying a sinking ship. He is easily the best artist on the label.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wale is that dude
  • IceBergTaylor
    I been a Wale fan since the days he rocked a Caesar lol what you mean
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Nicki flopped something serious, all those nip slips didn't help out at all
  • R.D.
    How did Nicki flop?

Her numbers are cool
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nicki didn't flop he #as are on pace to be her 2nd top selling lp and her singles are selling so far from a flop . its funny the new standard of sales in 2014 only seems to be used when men dont put up #s like they didn 10 years ago but not for nicki
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Cole doing him thats a good look
  • IceBergTaylor
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    nicki didn't flop he #as are on pace to be her 2nd top selling lp and her singles are selling so far from a flop . its funny the new standard of sales in 2014 only seems to be used when men dont put up #s like they didn 10 years ago but not for nicki

She flopped, especially globally. The chick has sold 40k copies outside the U.S. with this album for as much as she likes to pretend she is a global star. She's probably go gold but it will be a push seeing how she is already 4 singles deep and it depends on if the label feel like wasting money pushing the album.

She only doing 302k in two weeks during the Christmas rush is pretty week. Especially all the promo she did.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Sion...You a good dude and all but fu*k Wale...
  • R.D.
    Bruh since when do we hold female rappers to the standard of males sales wise

300k in two weeks is solid