Man ? Teen Commits That, Talm 'Bout "My Death Needs to Mean Something,"

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-teen-leelah-alcorn-commits-suicide--leaves-behind-suicide-note---my-death-needs-to-mean-something-234758770.html?bcmt=comments-postbox

The suicide of a transgender teen is catching national attention in part because of a suicide note she left behind online.

Leelah Alcorn, 17, of Kings Mills, Ohio, was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer on I-71 about 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, according to local media.

Posthumous posts started to appear on her Tumblr page, titled “Lazer Princess,” including her suicide note and a post apologizing to her closest friends.

“My death needs to mean something,” she wrote. “My death needs to be counted in the number of transgender people who commit suicide this year. I want someone to look at that number and say ‘that’s f---ed up’ and fix it. Fix society. Please.”

Alcorn's note explains that she has felt like a girl trapped in a boy’s body ever since she was 4. Then she cried tears of joy when she learned what transgender meant at 14.

“After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was,” the suicide note reads. “I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that ? doesn’t make mistakes, that I am wrong.”

Alcorn's note explains that she has felt like a girl trapped in a boy’s body ever since she was 4. Then she cried tears of joy when she learned what transgender meant at 14.

“After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was,” the suicide note reads. “I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that ? doesn’t make mistakes, that I am wrong.”

After her death, Alcorn’s mother was harshly criticized for referring to her child by her given name — “Joshua Ryan Alcorn” — and using male pronouns.

"My sweet 16 year old son, Joshua Ryan Alcorn went home to heaven this morning. He was out for an early morning walk and was hit by a truck,” the mother wrote.

Alcorn requested that all of her belongings and savings be donated to transgender civil rights movements and support groups.

Many people took to Twitter to mourn her death using #LeelahAlcorn and criticize the continued injustice facing transgender people today.

Similarly, members of the LGBT community and their allies have already started to organize candlelight vigils for Alcorn. One such event, called #StandUp4Leelah, is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday in Columbus, Ohio.

“This will be a short vigil but one that we feel must take place and one that will take a moment to educate, inform, and bring our community together to work towards a dream of one life. We may not have an instant fix but it's time to make it better,” the organizer wrote on the event's Facebook page.

Suicide rates in the transgender community are exceptionally high, with more than 50 percent of transgender teens reporting at least one suicide attempt by their 20th birthday, according to the Youth Suicide Prevention Program.

Transgender people who need someone to talk to can call the Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860 or the Trevor Project at 866-488-7386.

One of the good things is that these things realize that they're ? up and they have no business being in the general population and they have the courage to commit that, like this man ? did. When I was at a debate tournament, I was talking with one of the ? on the debate team and dude was telling me how gender is a social construct and it isn't cool to have people confirm to the predetermined roles in life. It's alright if boys wear pink and why shouldn't a half-a-? not be permitted to wear women's clothes if it makes him feel more powerful, strong, and sexy.

Then it hit me. The reason why these deviant mutafuckas are so strongly opposed to traditional gender roles is because if a person don't identity as a woman or a man it makes it easier for a ? to approach a dude about blastin' his ? apart and it makes it easier for a dykin' chick to approach a regular chick in regards to bumpin' ? . As much as they sexual deviants want to deny it, it all comes back to their numbers being extremely low. They have make fagdom acceptable to the masses to that increase the willingness of regular people to indulge in their sexually degenerate behavior, once that happens, then they'll move in on lowering the age of consent so that they can have access to young boys.

Comments