Man ? Teen Commits That, Talm 'Bout "My Death Needs to Mean Something,"

Options

Comments

• twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Transgender = feeling you are not the gender society assigns to your sex.

? = actually changing your sexual organs through surgery, etc.

Transgenderism/transsexuality is not a mental illness in itself. However, Gender Identity Disorder (or Gender Dysphoria) is. GID is associate with suicide risk, wouldn't doubt if this individual had it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Dolphins are mammals and so are humans bruh.Notice you did not say what you would say if I thought I was a dolphin.
    That is the point about what's normal.If a griwn person thought they were a baby or acts like a child does that make it normal since both are human?Men and woman have biological and mental differences.

What one finds normal or not normal greatly depends on their cultural and religious background. In America homosexuality and things related to it is viewed as something not normal, in other cultures it's considered to be a normal/natural thing.

Which is why I've been saying whether it's considered normal or not is irrelevant, as long as their not causing harm to others, it shouldn't matter.

Something being normal or not normal is not always the determiner of whether it's a good or bad thing. It's pretty normal for Humans to get angry enough over trivial things to the point where they want to harm someone, but does that make it okay? No. It's not normal for 12 year olds to boast 180+ IQ's, but does that make it bad thing? No.

LguBpoO.jpg

? OUTA HEYA WITH THESE STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS! Sometimes smart people make themselves look stupid while trying to be overly smart. I read this post in a t.i voice.

LOL I'm a 31 year old man and I think I'm a 13 year old boy. This is not not normal and Something is wrong with my brain you smart dumb ? . If I told you I was jesus and could heal people would you think something was wrong with me?

People who are born without two arms, two legs, and conjoined twins is not normal. It's a flaw, something went wrong.

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Mental illness is ? .....

That's all it is man.Being ? /? ain't normal and people need to stop treating it like it is.

Even if people decide to deem it a "mental illness" ( which it isn't) you can't cure mental illnesses so you'll have to deal with them either way.

Which is no biggy since they're typically not doing anything to bother you

They are no more "sick" than people with Synesthesia.

I did not say they were bothering me,just stating facts by nature.It is a mental illness.A man thinking he is a woman is mental.If he thought he was a dolphin would you say that's normal?

It's irrelevant whether someone thinks it's "normal" or not, they can't do anything about it so people may as well move on with their gripes.

And again, dolphins ain't human.

A human who believes they're the opposite sex and a human who believes they are a totally different species are not equal comparisons.

@BoldChild‌

You're over-analyzing.

It really isn't about whether or not dolphins are humans.

It's about people having delusions about believing they're something that they really aren't.

Meaning, if I believe I'm Optimus Prime......it's not a point of debate about Optimus Prime being a cartoon and not a human being.

It's about me being delusional enough to believe that I'm a cartoon character.

Therefore, "transgenders" are delusional and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I've already stated why someone seeing themselves as the opposite sex is not the same as someone who sees themselves as an animal, or fictional character.
    But they are human, and the biology of humans sometimes gets muddled, so it's not unreasonable to say that someone was born with the "wiring" of the opposite sex based on other human biological complications that we know of.

It would be unreasonable to say the same about us and orangutans since we are far too different biologically.

There is plausible biological reasoning for someone to see themselves as the opposite sex. We don't know how much of whatever makes us identify as male or female is nurture, and how much of it is nature. Depending on how much of it is by nature, it's possible that whatever makes a female human feel "like a woman", was generated by a male human by mistake, resulting in a male who believes himself to be a female.

Knowing what we know about misfortunes of human biology, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

The same can not be said for someone who thinks they're optimus prime, or whatever else fictional creature/animal.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's ? up though is they roped somebody else in to it. Put an innocent person in danger because of your foolish decision. That ? is gonna stay with that tractor trailer driver forever. Dude was just working now he gotta live with this ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is plausible biological reasoning for someone to see themselves as the opposite sex. We don't know how much of whatever makes us identify as male or female is nurture, and how much of it is nature. Depending on how much of it is by nature, it's possible that whatever makes a female human feel "like a woman", was generated by a male human by mistake, resulting in a male who believes himself to be a female.

Knowing what we know about misfortunes of human biology, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

The same can not be said for someone who thinks they're optimus prime, or whatever else fictional creature/animal.

If it was biological wouldn't they use hormone therapy to 'fix' them? Or find the other chemical imbalance causing their 'condition'. They fell back on it being genes because the way genes work everyone would have the '? gene' and only the people who are ? /lesbian/transgender would have the mutated version or the gene missing altogether. The only thing left is the mind, hence why they make them go to therapy. We don't understand how or why it is happening but it is.
  • BoldChild
    edited January 2015
    Options

If it was biological wouldn't they use hormone therapy to 'fix' them? Or find the other chemical imbalance causing their 'condition'. They fell back on it being genes because the way genes work everyone would have the '? gene' and only the people who are ? /lesbian/transgender would have the mutated version or the gene missing altogether. The only thing left is the mind, hence why they make them go to therapy. We don't understand how or why it is happening but it is.

It wont do anything if the problem is a "defect" in the brain itself, just like you can't suddenly fix synesthesia or dyslexia with drugs.

There are no medications/drugs out there that can suddenly make someone attracted to another sex on a permanent or semi permanent basis, so this is likely not possible.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

It wont do anything if the problem is a "defect" in the brain itself, just like you can suddenly fix synesthesia or dyslexia with drugs.

There are no medications/drugs out there that can suddenly make someone attracted to another sex on a permanent or semi permanent basis, so this is likely not possible.

That still makes it a mental issue, because the brain has a 'defect' it affects their mental state.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Dolphins are mammals and so are humans bruh.Notice you did not say what you would say if I thought I was a dolphin.
    That is the point about what's normal.If a griwn person thought they were a baby or acts like a child does that make it normal since both are human?Men and woman have biological and mental differences.

What one finds normal or not normal greatly depends on their cultural and religious background. In America homosexuality and things related to it is viewed as something not normal, in other cultures it's considered to be a normal/natural thing.

Which is why I've been saying whether it's considered normal or not is irrelevant, as long as their not causing harm to others, it shouldn't matter.

Something being normal or not normal is not always the determiner of whether it's a good or bad thing. It's pretty normal for Humans to get angry enough over trivial things to the point where they want to harm someone, but does that make it okay? No. It's not normal for 12 year olds to boast 180+ IQ's, but does that make it bad thing? No.

LguBpoO.jpg

? OUTA HEYA WITH THESE STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS! Sometimes smart people make themselves look stupid while trying to be overly smart. I read this post in a t.i voice.

LOL I'm a 31 year old man and I think I'm a 13 year old boy. This is not not normal and Something is wrong with my brain you smart dumb ? . If I told you I was jesus and could heal people would you think something was wrong with me?

People who are born without two arms, two legs, and conjoined twins is not normal. It's a flaw, something went wrong.

Strawman?

Exactly how did I misrepresent your argument? What did I claim you guys said, that you didn't say?

Better yet, when did I ever say being transgender was normal?

This is what I said
    It's irrelevant whether someone thinks it's "normal"

never did I outright say that being transgender was normal, I said it's irrelevant whether it's normal or not.

Claiming I've been making the argument that transgender people are normal, is a misrepresentation of what I said, so I guess it's you that's pulling the strawmans?

• bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf is wrong with you animals
  • BoldChild
    Options

It wont do anything if the problem is a "defect" in the brain itself, just like you can suddenly fix synesthesia or dyslexia with drugs.

That still makes it a mental issue, because the brain has a 'defect' it affects their mental state.

It will also be something that is currently untreatable, so what's the point in worrying about it if those individuals are happy about who they are, and don't wish to change?

Also, I only put "defect" in quotations because that would be subjective. Some people wont see it as a defect at all and will simply see them as being different.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

It will also be something that is currently untreatable, so what's the point in worrying about it if those individuals are happy about who they are, and don't wish to change?

Also, I only put "defect" in quotations because that would be subjective. Some people wont see it as a defect at all and will simply see them as being different.

No worries, we're on the same page.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't say I'm shocked to see topics like this attract fallacious arguments put forth by people who cling to the appeal to nature fallacy.

If either Argumentum ad Naturam or an issue with the complex biological reality of humans that makes it seem "icky" or "wrong" to you, is the basis of your entire argument then you're not thinking deep enough.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't say I'm shocked to see topics like this attract fallacious arguments put forth by people who cling to the appeal to nature fallacy.

If either Argumentum ad Naturam or an issue with the complex biological reality of humans that makes it seem "icky" or "wrong" to you, is the basis of your entire argument then you're not thinking deep enough.

Speak eenglish neega
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come its okay to wish death on lgbt people but when i talk about killing white people. people on this forum give me ? .
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So instead of just having a sleeping pill breakfast he jumps in front of a truck?

? boy status

Not only are you running away but your family can't even have a open casket.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I identify as a ? female. Should I not be allowed to go into the woman's bathroom? Who is anyone else to tell me what my gender is. So what if I have a 5 o'clock shadow and would make a horribley hideous woman, ITS MY CHOICE.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I identify as a ? female. Should I not be allowed to go into the woman's bathroom? Who is anyone else to tell me what my gender is. So what if I have a 5 o'clock shadow and would make a horribley hideous woman, ITS MY CHOICE.

That's actually a topic of controversy.

You probably wont get permission to go into the bathrooms until you go through the "transformation" or whatever, nh.

And even then you may not be allowed in, it depends on the place.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MENTAL ILLNESS IS ONE OF THE MOST IGNORED ISSUES IN AMERICA.

Treating mental cases like they don't have a mental issue aint helping ? , it's making it worse. I'm still waiting on all you "we are the world", only have sympathy for certain ? when it suits me, smart dumb ? to fight for ? people. I pretty much look at ? peoples mind state the same way I do ? peoples. I don't pick on them because I know something's wrong upstairs that has no cure yet. Being ? is just one of the many mental illnesses that hasn't been figured out yet.

People do weird/nasty/repulsive ? up ? all the time, Hey do you! Just don't expect me to be all "accepting" of it and ? . (I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too alpha for that)

Nothing more nothing less......
    I dont understand transgender nor do they have any bearing on my daily life. But if they're not bothering anyone I don't see why id be wishing death on them. Live and let live is my mantra. RIP to that lost soul and the poor trucker caught up in it all.

As the father of a young daughter, id be beyond sick if she off'd herself out of confusion idc if she was lesbian bi ? or whatever. Its still a loss to someone.

#PositiveR.N.S

This is how most of us feel bruh, but the ? agenda likes to twist this all up into something it aint though(like they do with pretty much everything).

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the future of feminism.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    "I identify as a ? female" - Will Munny
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I dont understand transgender nor do they have any bearing on my daily life. But if they're not bothering anyone I don't see why id be wishing death on them. Live and let live is my mantra. RIP to that lost soul and the poor trucker caught up in it all.

As the father of a young daughter, id be beyond sick if she off'd herself out of confusion idc if she was lesbian bi ? or whatever. Its still a loss to someone.

I Agree with the bold my man. These people aren't hurting anyone so who gives a ? ? The thread starter is on some mad hateful borderline closet ? ? IMO.

I do have a question however.....

If being a transgendered does not mean that you are ? , that you merely "identify" with another sex, then what exactly does it mean to "identify" as another sex?

You identify with a woman how?

Does being a female equate to wearing dresses, wigs and nail polish? Is that ALL that there is to being a woman?

Or a man for instance, does being a man mean that you love to play sports, go hunting, and wear a beard or mustache?

Or are these the traits that society/culture deems as masculine or feminine?

How can a man possible know what it is REALLY like to be a woman?

And vice versa?

I can say that I identify as Irish. I can't put that ? on my drivers license, or claim to be Caucasian on a job application.

• MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

That's actually a topic of controversy.

You probably wont get permission to go into the bathrooms until you go through the "transformation" or whatever, nh.

And even then you may not be allowed in, it depends on the place.

How is the transformation so black and white tho? SHouldn't people be able to choose when they feel transformed? For some IC posters I'm sure listening to a few choice Cher songs would do it.

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT LOOKS!
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? got people so confused.

It only gets worse if we go down this path of accepting everything.

At some point ? has to be stopped questioned and ridiculed. A man who "in his head" believes he is a female and wants to be acknowledged and accepted as that is the stopping point.