Nicki Minaj on Rollingstone cover and Why black artist are silent

13»

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is funny that rappers say they dont give a ? but out of all the music genres Rappers are some of the most concerned individuals when it comes to appearance and attention ? ... of course there are exceptions..word to gucci
  • natural born sinners
    And for real.. people need to stop looking for rappers to be the ones who address social issues n make a difference...most these ? is rich n dont really care about the issues bc in alot of cases the "issues" dont reach them..its a different day...rap music is too mainstream n the gatekeepers are jewish n too corporate to let that "public enemy" type stuff get on radio n pop off like that..but it would b nice to see a group like that pop again
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much money is enough to have self-respect?
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we as Black People still looking for someone to hold our hand ? Here is A list of people who either held our hand or gave up their life to move us forward. If someone needs to know what they said or did, there are tons of books to tell you all about them. No wonder these so called Black Celebrity's don't wanna say anything. I believe that they believe that Black People are still looking for someone to hold their hand. I picked ten people from the list to follow, to see how far in life I should be just from their Teachings, Lessons & Inspirations, and I Should be much further in life then I am. I made my struggle harder by not doing what I supposed to have done earlier in life. This is why we need to stop with this someone should speak-out or hold my hand ? , We can make our conditions better, but we choose not too.

James Baldwin (1924–1987) - American essayist, novelist, public speaker, SNCC activist
    Julian Bond (1940–) - American activist, politician, scholar, lawyer, NAACP chairman
    Stokely Carmichael (1941–1998) - American SNCC and Black Panther activist, organizer, speaker
    Frederick Douglass (1818–1895) - American abolitionist, women's rights and suffrage advocate, writer, organizer, black rights activist, inspiration
    W. E. B. Du Bois (1868–1963) - American writer, scholar, founder of NAACP
    Charles Evers (1922–) - American civil rights movement activist
    Medgar Evers (1925–1963) - American, NAACP official in the Mississippi Movement
    James Farmer (1920–1999) - Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) leader and activist
    Louis Farrakhan (1933–) - American, Minister and National Representative of the Nation of Islam
    ? Gregory - American free speech advocate and activist in the civil rights movement, comedian
    Fred Hampton (1948–1969) - American NAACP youth leader and Black Panther activist, organizer, speaker
    T.R.M. Howard (1908–1976) - founder of Mississippi's Regional Council of ? Leadership
    Jesse Jackson (1941–) - American civil rights activist, politician
    Nellie Stone Johnson (1905–2002) - labor and civil rights activist
    Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929–1968) - SCLC co-founder/president/chairman, activist, author, speaker, inspiration
    James Lawson (1928–) - American minister and activist, SCLC's teacher of nonviolence in late 1950s and early 1960s civil rights movement
    James Madison (1751–1836) - American founding father, introduced and lobbied for the U.S. Bill of Rights
    Nelson Mandela (1918–2013) - South African statesman, leading figure in anti-apartheid movement, inspiration
    Charles Morgan, Jr. (1930–2009) - American attorney, established principle of "one man, one vote"
    Bob Moses (1935–) - leader, activist, and organizer in '60s Mississippi Movement
    Edgar Nixon (1899–1987) - Montgomery Bus Boycott organizer, civil rights activist
    James Orange (1942–2008) - American SCLC activist and organizer, a voting rights movement leader, trade unionist
    Jo Ann Robinson (1912–1992) - Montgomery Bus Boycott activist.
    Al Sharpton (1954–) - American clergyman, activist, media
    Wyatt Tee Walker - American activist and organizer with NAACP, CORE, and SCLC
    Booker T. Washington (1865-1915)
    Walter Francis White (1895–1955) - American NAACP executive secretary
    Roy Wilkins - (1901–1981) American NAACP executive secretary/executive director
    Malcolm X (1925–1965) - American author, speaker, activist, inspiration
    Andrew Young (1932–) - American SCLC activist and executive director
    Whitney M. Young, Jr. (1921–1971) - Exec. Director National Urban League, advisor to U.S. Presidents

Remove Al Sharpton and we straight.
  • natural born sinners
    Whats wrong with sharpton...besides that sketchy ? w them italians

is there more?
  • complex_council
    complex_council Members Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    "I feel like when Public Enemy were doing "Fight the power" we as a culture had more power-now it feels hopeless"

Miss Public ? is acting like she knows what kind of power Public Enemy had, while at the same time rightfully concluding that the culture lost its power. She cleary doenst understand that real hiphopheads see music like hers as one of the main reasons rap is killing itself or she wouldnt have tried to make here point like that. Dropping all the ? singles/songs she made clearly didnt help at all. And its not even that Nicki is trying to make Lupetopia like songs, so I could call her a pretentious but trying ? , like Lauryn Hills latests albums or something, she just straight wack in a true hiphop sense. I reclaim my first and probably best opinion on Nicky Minaj when she became a star: " Did that white old man behind the desk of desks just create a black lady gaga?"
  • complex_council
    complex_council Members Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    "I feel like when Public Enemy were doing "Fight the power" we as a culture had more power-now it feels hopeless"

Miss Public ? is acting like she knows what kind of power Public Enemy had, while at the same time rightfully concluding that the culture lost its power. She cleary doenst understand that real hiphopheads see music like hers as one of the main reasons rap is killing itself or she wouldnt have tried to make here point like that. Dropping all the ? singles/songs she made clearly didnt help at all. And its not even that Nicki is trying to make Lupetopia like songs, so I could call her a pretentious but trying ? , like Lauryn Hills latests albums or something, she just straight wack in a true hiphop sense. I reclaim my first and probably best opinion on Nicky Minaj when she became a star: " Did that white old man behind the desk of desks just create a black lady gaga?"
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yaaaawn where the real men at???
    Ya criticize the ? outta Nikki, who's a female.again where the real men at???

? like Jay n Puff sold the game out. Crickets.
    N.W.A was a virus to the game. Crickets.
    especially their second album, which was the mother DNA of buffoonery in rap. More crickets.

Biggie and his low self esteem materilistic raps, ushered in this fashinosta ? . Crickets.

I could go on , but lets beat up Nikki tho.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »

Yaaaawn where the real men at???
    Ya criticize the ? outta Nikki, who's a female.again where the real men at???

? like Jay n Puff sold the game out. Crickets.
    N.W.A was a virus to the game. Crickets.
    especially their second album, which was the mother DNA of buffoonery in rap. More crickets.

Biggie and his low self esteem materilistic raps, ushered in this fashinosta ? . Crickets.

I could go on , but lets beat up Nikki tho.

so you gonna pretend jay, diddy, and other male rap acts don't recieve any criticism on this forum in regards to selling out for monetary gain/white acceptance or ignoring issues that hurt the black community?

alright then, carry on