Do you practice a religion besides Abrahamic religions?

2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Jews adhere to the original text, how can you claim they're the confused ones?

Because of the new testament.

Jesus was a RABBI and made clear the Old Testament was to be followed if one wanted to have any chance of entering heaven. He told his followers over and over again to follow and obey the Old Testament laws, so technically, Jews are the ones being the most real with what your lord said.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus was a RABBI and made clear the Old Testament was to be followed if one wanted to have any chance of entering heaven. He told his followers over and over again to follow and obey the Old Testament laws, so technically, Jews are the ones being the most real with what your lord said.

Have you ever read the bible are do you just go online and look up snippets. It even goes out of its way to specify that Jesus never went out his way to be called rabbi and when his apostles called him that they generally meant teacher. Again another lack of understanding of the bible on your part due to not actually reading it. He said he wasn't he to abolish the old laws rather to bring about the new convanet so that Jews and Gentiles alike could gain salavation. Jews don't even believe the Messiah has actually came about.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the title and go to another thread.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at one Abrahamic religion calling another deceived.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jews and Muslims are just confused. Everything else is just heathen pagenism for the most part
    Yet Christians and Jews worship the same ? ..
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

how many times are you going to get schooled on this before you actually read the whole gospel and see that you are wrong
  • The_Jackal
    Jews and Muslims are just confused. Everything else is just heathen pagenism for the most part
    Yet Christians and Jews worship the same ? ..

Do people just refuse to read the bible. If you deny Jesus then you are completely cut off from ? . The only way to the father is through the son. By denying him as the Messiah they effectively deny the father
  • kingblaze84
    Lol at one Abrahamic religion calling another deceived.

I know, the irony
  • kingblaze84

Have you ever read the bible are do you just go online and look up snippets. It even goes out of its way to specify that Jesus never went out his way to be called rabbi and when his apostles called him that they generally meant teacher. Again another lack of understanding of the bible on your part due to not actually reading it. He said he wasn't he to abolish the old laws rather to bring about the new convanet so that Jews and Gentiles alike could gain salavation. Jews don't even believe the Messiah has actually came about.

I went to Catholic School for 10 years, 11 years if you include kindergarten, so I know the Bible very well.

As far as Jesus telling his followers to obey and hold dear the Old Testament, he had many chances to tell his followers to NOT listen to the old laws but he NEVER ONCE told them to do so. He instead made clear to his followers that if one did not listen to the old laws, one would have zero chance of entering heaven. He didn't make exceptions to gentiles or anyone else. Jesus the RABBI made this clear more then once.

If Jesus told his followers "the old laws are old and ancient, disregard them, as I am bringing in a new way of thinking", then I wouldn't have a case. But Jesus never once said these things. Jesus over and over again, when pressed BY HIS OWN FOLLOWERS, told them they MUST keep holy and listen to every letter of the old laws. Perhaps you need to read the Bible again.
  • The_Jackal
    Are you reading what I type? I already said that Jesus said that he wasn't there to abolish the old laws just to bring forth a new convanet that grants both Jews and Gentiles salvation. And no he made it clear that only through the belief in him and the father could one enter heaven. Are you typing disinformation on purpose?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya cats are hilarious... ya sound no different than the early religious folks arguing one side of a coin. Top arguing with the center and bottom fighting with the left etc.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroe wrote: »
    Cool beans. Do you meditate or such? I do a lot of meditation and focus control on my chakras. Now I want to get into making rooted herbal stuff.

I do meditate time to time, especially when I'm alone and high as hell lol. That's the closest I've come to taking rooted herbal stuff lately aside from vegetables and stuff like that, which I eat every day.

I meditate a minimum of once every three days, it keeps my head clear and makes me face the world in a more positive manner. Keeps me disciplined and focused on things I want to accomplish

That's good, wise man. I began meditating because of smoking tree as well. But when I got serious I stopped so that I would know what was happening internally more objectively.

I've learned quite a bit about herbal remedies since 2 of my teachers are master herbalists. Its amazing stuff. Practicing preventative medicine and working to cleanse and build up the 5 main ? systems is a good way to stay limber and strong into old age. Which is why I'm starting now, so that by the time im 60 ill still be like I'm 30 like a lot of chinese masters.
    Cool beans. Do you meditate or such? I do a lot of meditation and focus control on my chakras. Now I want to get into making rooted herbal stuff.

I do meditate time to time, especially when I'm alone and high as hell lol. That's the closest I've come to taking rooted herbal stuff lately aside from vegetables and stuff like that, which I eat every day.

I meditate a minimum of once every three days, it keeps my head clear and makes me face the world in a more positive manner. Keeps me disciplined and focused on things I want to accomplish

That's good, wise man. I began meditating because of smoking tree as well. But when I got serious I stopped so that I would know what was happening internally more objectively.

I've learned quite a bit about herbal remedies since 2 of my teachers are master herbalists. Its amazing stuff. Practicing preventative medicine and working to cleanse and build up the 5 main ? systems is a good way to stay limber and strong into old age. Which is why I'm starting now, so that by the time im 60 ill still be like I'm 30 like a lot of chinese masters.

That's really cool because I stop smoking time to time to get my mind clear from the haze that kind of comes over you if you smoke too much. I smoke a lot less compared to most of my friends and I feel better for it.

What are some of the herbs you use the most? I'm really interested in that. Eating veggies and taking vitamins does wonders for my health (I never have taken a flu shot and I'm rarely sick) but I feel I can improve.

The concotion I take at the moment is catered to my disposition, so what works for me probably isn't what would work for you as effectively.

But what I can recommend is goji berries, aka wolf berries. Considered to be adaptogenic, which means that it will begin to work on whatever deficiency it may find, which is good for everyone. It works to build primarily the kidneys, which are the essential foundation of longevity in men. To have healthy kidneys living a western lifestyle to the standards of herbal medicine in the west is pretty rare so id def recommend it. But also works on the overall energy and mental energy, which gives it the adaptogenic title.

It's one of the few that is tasty to the palate so it can be snaked on. There's only one source I would recommend that I can vouch for quality. Which is dragonherbs.com. Be wary of other sources, especially from china. They completely dry them, which gives them a brown color. To compensate they put them thru red dye. So dragon herbs is a trusted source, an they retain their red color because there's still moisture in them.

I'd also recommend dragon spring tea from dragon herbs.

If you'd like to learn more, look up the 5 element theory (Wuxing) and the 3 treasures of Chinese medicine(aka TCM.). It's amazing.

@Meroe‌ you should make a thread about this. I have an interest in medicinal herbs. I have been trying to find somewhere to start to expand my knowledge on the subject.
    Ps 104:14

14He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Ezek 47:12

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Hermetic/Taoism. I'm also looking to head to nigeria one day, learn from some masters and coalesce a System of IFA for african americans one day when I reach a certain level

I would love to do so and it's so sad that our one and legit Yoruba lady doesn't know anything about Ifa. As a diaspora from America I shouldn't know vastly more than her. But hopefully this will be reversed.

Yea I dated a chick straight from Oyo state and it was the same thing.

Sad
    It's santeria. Some Dominicans, Cubans and other Afro-latins practise this too. It is kinda sad that you Afro-Americans have almost no connection with Africa other than your physical features.
    Back on Santeria/ Yoruba. These people are wild though, biting off chickenheads, human sacrifices. I don't know if you'd really want to be apart of that.

there used to be hoodoo/louisiana voodoo
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifa is an extension of voodoo.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a pantheist
  • kingblaze84
    I am a pantheist

Same here!