Selling the Hawks?

Options
jazzybella
jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may recall, over the summer there was a bit of controversy about the Hawks not being able to fill seats at home games. It was speculated that it was because the arena catered more to an urban crowd that were scaring away ticket-holders who weren't into that and others claimed it was because the Hawks weren't delivering on the court. As of today the Atlanta Hawks are 25-8, ranking 1st in Southeast Division. With such a great start to the season, why is the team's full ownership wanting to sell?
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the process began when majority owner Bruce Levenson announced he would sell his share. You may recall Levenson was the one who was caught in the middle of a race scandal when a presumably racist email got leaked. Levenson's partner, Ed Peskowitz also agreed to sell his share, which raised the share available to 50.1%. That means whoever bought the available 50.1% would then become majority owner. Now the remaining owners also want to share. They've neglected to comment as to why.
Source

Read more: http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/owners-agree-to-sell-the-atlanta-hawks#ixzz3NySnUK6o

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's simple.....too many live there that's from out of town. It doesn't help that our team hasn't made it past the 2nd round in about 50 years. And the city is full of bandwagon fans.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    It's simple.....too many live there that's from out of town. It doesn't help that our team hasn't made it past the 2nd round in about 50 years. And the city is full of bandwagon fans.

:-S I was just reporting the news....
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with what you posted. Ijs.... The owners that's "catering to the urban crowd" needs to cater to building a championship team. True fans(the ppl who buy season tickets) don't give a dam about what song is played at halftime. They want RINGS(plural).
  • jazzybella
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with what you posted. Ijs.... The owners that's "catering to the urban crowd" needs to cater to building a championship team. True fans(the ppl who buy season tickets) don't give a dam about what song is played at halftime. They want RINGS(plural).

Oooo, ok. Well in that case.....yes you are right about the rings part. It seems like no matter how well we do in the regular season we never get past 2nd round or even 1st round the past couple of years. We don't draft well (Dennis is doing better than I expected but John Jenkins is a BUST). We have this cycle of having our two favorites and then depending solely on them to carry us, since Joe and Josh are gone, its Teague and Al(whom are great players by the way) I cant think of his name at the moment but the dread head dude is playing exceptionally well too. It's just when we get to the playoffs....we choke every time
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being from NOLA, the Hawks fanbase just doesnt have many interesting marketable players. Also it doesnt help that Atlanta folks (mostly outsiders) are fickle, disloyal and only hop on ? when its hot. I have basically ran across more folks thats Saints fans here more then anything. I wish a ? would claim ? bird back home in N.O. lol Atlanta people need to be more loyal to their brands.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Being from NOLA, the Hawks fanbase just doesnt have many interesting marketable players. Also it doesnt help that Atlanta folks (mostly outsiders) are fickle, disloyal and only hop on ? when its hot. I have basically ran across more folks thats Saints fans here more then anything. I wish a ? would claim ? bird back home in N.O. lol Atlanta people need to be more loyal to their brands.

#truth just like numbaz said, so many outsiders in Atlanta it's hard to have a loyal homegrown fan base. Also, yes to not having star players either....it does make a difference
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got $50

who else tryna throw down?
  • jazzybella
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    I got $50

who else tryna throw down?

DISRESPECTFUL [-X