Sony Exec: “I Think There Will Be A PS5;” Doesn’t Know If It’ll Be Physical Or Based In The Cloud

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
PS5.jpg?eaa32f

With every generation of consoles, there’s always someone prophesying that it will be the last. At least according to Sony Copmputer Entertainment Executive Vice President Masayasu Ito, there will be a “next generation” for PlayStation, as he told to the online version of the Nikkei Shinbun.

I think there will be a PS5. However, I don’t know what form it’ll have. It could be a physical console, or it could be in the cloud.

But even if the form might change, PS5 Games will be born. This is what we want.

It’s reassuring to know that Ito-san is confident in the fact that this generation won’t be the last, even if it’s probably too early for Sony to know for sure what form it will have.

Personally, I definitely think that there will still be physical consoles in the next generation, including the next PlayStation. I seriously doubt even in ten years from now phone lines worldwide will be efficient enough to support major platforms fully based in the cloud, but the powers that be will ultimately be the ones making the final call. Gamers will vote with their wallet.

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the next generation will be the last disc generation.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its to early to talk ps5. 4 only been here a year
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but as easy as Sony has been hacked the last few years, you'd have to be full ? to buy a cloud-based system from them or any manufacturer for that matter. The minute they announce cloud-based gaming is the new in is the day I think I'll call it a wrap. Uninstalled Assassins Creed Unity behind all the glitchy nonsense. I'll be damned if my only alternative is having a game up in space where someone can actually ? on my free-time at will because of the lulz.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these fools should focus at the task at hand (ps4) dont feed me no ps5 ? just yet
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    these new PS dropping like Jordans
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? him these systems come out to fast. I haven't even gotten used to the 4 yet to be thinking of a ps5. But I've been doing the digital thing hard body since ps+ started
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, there will be. As long as your money can be spent, systems will keep coming out. And bet money that won't be backwards compatible lol.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dad got a Sony 55 inch 4k HDTV, and it has that playtation psone-ps3 game service on there as a beta.

From what I seen, you don't get to own the games, you just rent them for ? amount of days, 4.99 for 5 days or something, and $9.99 for 90 days.

It would makes sense if they end up doing something like this for the ps4, It would be great for people that don't play many games, but old ps3 games? nah.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    Oh, there will be. As long as your money can be spent, systems will keep coming out. And bet money that won't be backwards compatible lol.

Would be ? if you couldn't carry over digital downloads again.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »

Would be ? if you couldn't carry over digital downloads again.

Its possible.