Young Jeezy Trap or Die, 10 year anniversery

Muhannad
Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's been ten (!) years since Jeezy dropped Trap or Die. This sh*t dropped jan. '05. This mixtape set it all off for Jeezy. This joint changed the way rappers made tracks, shot videos and gave rappers a rap personna to portray. Yeah, TI came out earlier. Cool Breeze talked about the 'trap' in the late 90's. This joint had a bigger impact than both of these n*ggas though. In hindsight this regional classic was the transition between crunk and trap/ d-boy rappers. Crunk was already on its way out, but after this dropped you didn't see these Trillville/ Collipark/ Knuck if you buck n*ggas like that.

Young Jeezy - Trap or Die, Raw report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3fDpbJ3E8

While I f*cked with this tape heavy, I have to honestly say I never expected Jeezy would be around a decade later. I also didn't expect his level of consistency. He stepped his game up tremendously.

Post your favourite joint from Trap or Die. Mine is "Rap sh*t". "5 whole days just to count that reup money."
Young Jeezy - Rap sh*t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66felNkCiWg

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember i bought this after hearing Air Forces on some mixtape. Never regretted my purchase. Dope ass cd. Still listen til this day
  • Muhannad
    "Keep it in my lap n!gga/ Not the glove department..."

Not to go offtopic in my own thread, but TIP is still cool to me. Can't deny his discography. The brother still drop heat when he wanna. He a hustla, so if he can make money on something he's gonna do it. If he tells you he selling poison to 'his' people to make ends meet and he's been convicted for that sh*t then why wouldn't he push a garbage gimmick rapper from Australia.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap or die went hawd it's one of my favorite by him
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 years ago.....damn
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D January 25th to be exact
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We Trap or Die Niggaaa!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_0er6e82c

Jeezy x Shawty Redd was the best combo. Dropped classics.

ToD and TM101 changed my life lol. Was my soundtrack back in 05.

Time go...

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? literally had every not so bad off ? sellin dope. Jeezy was a movement, Cant Ban The Snowman prolly got the most play in whip out of any mixtape
  • Muhannad
    I think a great part of Jeezy's appeal is his relatability. In a way he's the black equivalent to the American dream. Come from a bad situation and better yourself by any means. Jeezy symbolizes the struggle to alot of real n*ggas. Ambition, grinding, trying to come up, making new connects, bettering your position, lose dead weight. Whether you a 9 to 5 n*gga doing your corporate thing or a street n*gga, his story and the music he makes is relatable. N*ggas are happy to see Jeezy make it, because it's motivational.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDXhm7cGu6U

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Still bump this in the whip.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeezy been that ? .
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fault, I was thinkin' about Thug Motivation when I said Standing Ovation. lol..... But they still played TOD jus like they did TM101 in the clubs tho!
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really aint like him too much when I first heard of him and then I heard trap or die in a coworkers whip system bangin.....daaaaaaammmmnnnnnnn....

10 years, ? im old...I used to go to the club and it would sound like the dj would just put his whole cd on and just let that ? ride...and the club would stay hype.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MallyG wrote: »
    Low key, the best song off that album is "Standing Ovation". That track literally gives me chills b/c u can hear the realness in his voice of a dopeboy/hustla who grinded and some how made it out. He made u FEEL every single word! Not to mention that's one of Drumma Boy's best beats (top 10 imo and we all know he has a crazy catalog) b/c it just has this stadium/anthem type vibe to it.

And for those who weren't in Atlanta when it dropped, u could go to any club (definitely the shake jawnts) and they would damn near play the album front 2 back all while BMF nikkas (no matter what club u went 2 they were in da building) were makin' it monsoon money like no tomorrow. ? was phuckin' surreal! Although I do blame them for spoiling them skrippa hoes and makin' them lazy. lol

man it was like that here in nc.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MallyG wrote: »
    Low key, the best song off that album is "Standing Ovation". That track literally gives me chills b/c u can hear the realness in his voice of a dopeboy/hustla who grinded and some how made it out. He made u FEEL every single word! Not to mention that's one of Drumma Boy's best beats (top 10 imo and we all know he has a crazy catalog) b/c it just has this stadium/anthem type vibe to it.

And for those who weren't in Atlanta when it dropped, u could go to any club (definitely the shake jawnts) and they would damn near play the album front 2 back all while BMF nikkas (no matter what club u went 2 they were in da building) were makin' it monsoon money like no tomorrow. ? was phuckin' surreal! Although I do blame them for spoiling them skrippa hoes and makin' them lazy. lol

Probably my fav off of TM101 too. That ? is what made me a fan of Drumma Boy. lol. That and that "Trap ? " Track he did with Jeezy and Jody Breeze off of that Boyz N Da Hood Album.

And that was everywhere bro. You damn near couldn't go nowhere with out someone bangin that ToD and TM101. lol.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    You ? outta order like soda machines. And Jeezy keep the cola like soda machines.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spayspay wrote: »
    You ? outta order like soda machines. And Jeezy keep the cola like soda machines.

Its Ironic as ? you say a Jeezy Line with Gucci in your Avi
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    This ? is way overrated and so is Jeezy. Wasn't very impactful around my way. People saw him and it for what it was.
  • C-PortTrapper
    C-PortTrapper Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    jazzybella wrote: »
    :D January 25th to be exact

January 5th Ms. Jazzy, you supposed to know better lol