Extremist gunmen ? 12 at Paris newspaper. Revenge for cartoon prophet satire. (video)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    btw if you didn't hear by now those racist caricatures ya'll were SMH'n at earlier were actually mocking French Racism

bw9vky20kbczzaji0kuo.jpg

This drawing by Charb, has gotten poeple outside of France (and even people in France too), screaming for racism. "He is drawing a black woman as a monkey! How can you say it's not a racist drawing!!". Well, yes, it IS a racist drawing. That's the whole point of it.

In 2013, Christiane Taubira ended up on the facebook account of a candidate for the Front National / Rassemblement Bleu Marine (National Front and Marine-Blue Meeting, extreme right-wing party in France, two names for only one party), compared with a monkey. Here is the picture for you:

jnaxuxm6zoq0h4ly5wfr.jpg

Next to the picture she wrote: "In this picture, all is said. I'd prefer to see her hanging out in trees rather than in the government. She is a savage with an evil smile." adding at the end "But it's not racist!"

She ended up being suspended from the Front National and if I recall correctly she had to pay a fine.

Of course, soon after, extreme right-wing newspaper "Minute" pictured her smiling, saying she had "the banana", a french expression meaning she is smiling and happy with the verdict against the Front National.

So Charb decided to draw his vision of the Front National, exposing the thoughts and what the "Rassemblement Bleu Marine" really was: The "Rassemblement Bleu RACISTE" a political party who sees black people as monkeys and find it normal. It's not like the title of the whole drawing doesn't explain that yes, it's depicting something racist. But people often ignored the whole title, nor did they even bother reading the entire article next to it and focused on the picture, taking it out of its context.

The history of Charb, as a cartoonist for the MRAP, a famous anti-racism french NGO, had been quickly forgotten and he even had to go justify himself (he was used to it though) for this drawing, even though anyone who could read french would easily notice that this is a satire.

1075866729987323240.jpg

"Oh my ? , two white people have a black person on a leech pictured as a dog!!!!"

Yep, how much more racist can it be huh?

Context maybe? I mean that could help right? Last year, the strong conservative right wing side of France was on the streets to protest against same-sex mariage. At the same time, a few modern slavery stories made the front pages as some rich traditionalist families got arrested actually having modern-days slaves, usually immigrants with their passeport confiscated, that they did not pay and had work 20 hours a day at their home, with no possiblities to go out.

So Charlie Hebdo drew this, saying that in order to be accepted as "normal" by those traditionalists, ? people had to AT LEAST be like them: a family has to be made of two parents and one slave, like they were doing.

What people may have a hard time understanding also, is Charlie Hebdo's constant religion bashing. Lots of people also accuse CH to be particulary against Muslims and Islam. And well, they are against Islam for sure. Not only are they atheists, they are also antitheists. Religion in general is ridiculous to them and they do see religions as one the main problems of today's world. But what they are not against, is muslim people. They understand that they have a certain belief, but they also feel the right to laugh about it and make fun of that belief. They do it for every religions. They are arguably quite worse when it comes to Christian religion. Here are some of the past covers of Charlie Hebdo on the subject:

cqfk6r7ylgk8w8dqexp4.jpg

ebglqzrkfqefcfxxiyxo.jpg

translation: "Jewish ass!: Does racism create more sales? We'll tell you next week!" LOL

http://flyingfrenchy.kinja.com/charlie-hebdo-and-why-its-always-been-an-anti-racist-ne-1678770097/1678993766/+maxread

Damn they go hard against Christianity too, wow at that father, son, and holy spirit joke lol
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just can't find the humor in their work.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I just can't find the humor in their work.

they just want to offend